Titans Refunding - Ravens Will be Under 14K

Link https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/06/tennessee-titans-season-ticket-holders-2020-options-covid-19/

"Adding to all that, Paul Kuharsky notes that the team is also refunding all single-game tickets." 

EDIT - Ravens will have less than 14,000 in attendance for games

Edited by driddles
Added Baltimore news

22 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Just cancel the damn season already.

They want to keep us engaged as long as possible. They want to be in the news, front of mind and not forgotten. This will go on until the last possible moment............until they give in to the inevitable. 

I’m afraid I just don’t see it happening this year. Hey, it’s not World War 2, it’s a break from sports. It sucks, but it could be and has been much worse. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

Just cancel the damn season already.

It's probably the best move right now, but football with its short season is in a unique position where there's very little reason they couldn't just push it back a month at a time.  They could start in January or Feb and it wouldn't be a problem if they really wanted to. Especially if they didn't need to cater to fan logistics.

If I'm Goodell right now, I'm planning for a few hub cities with mandatory lockdown for all players for 4 months starting October and sliding back as needed..

Edited by BullBuchanan

4 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's probably the best move right now, but football with its short season is in a unique position where there's very little reason they couldn't just push it back a month at a time.  They could start in January or Feb and it wouldn't be a problem if they really wanted to. Especially if they didn't need to cater to fan logistics.

If I'm Goodell right now, I'm planning for a few hub cities with mandatory lockdown for all players for 4 months starting October and sliding back as needed..

You do understand those are human beings with family, wives and children you have just decided to “lockdown” in a remote location so that you can watch a game. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, SDS said:

You do understand those are human beings with family, wives and children you have just decided to “lockdown” in a remote location so that you can watch a game. 

Yes, as I imagine they do.This obviously doesnt happen without the players agreeing to it, but I imagine most of them would prefer not to forgo a years worth of salary. i care much less about them playing than they probably do about earning a living. Especially the bubble league minimum guys and the rookies.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SDS said:

This is a super valid point. But it also needs to be separated from the average Buffalo income of $55k. Vet minimum ranges from $500-900k. 4-5 months away from your family to earn a million bucks is a different conversation. 

Now if they don’t want to risk their health given the pandemic, I get it. But earning a mil then zero is quite the loss for, well, everybody. My GF and I have joked she’ll send me away for a year for a million bucks.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is a super valid point. But it also needs to be separated from the average Buffalo income of $55k. Vet minimum ranges from $500-900k. 4-5 months away from your family to earn a million bucks is a different conversation. 

Now if they don’t want to risk their health given the pandemic, I get it. But earning a mil then zero is quite the loss for, well, everybody. My GF and I have joked she’ll send me away for a year for a million bucks.

Yea, that's where I'm coming from. For hundreds of NFL players this upcoming season will be the one and only year of their lives where they're likely to earn more than a normal working man's salary. For a lot of others it would have been their last. For the hundred guys in the league that make millions a year, the rest of the league is filled with guys just trying to set themselves up for life using the only lucrative skills they're ever likely to have. Family can wait. Guys sacrifice a hell of a lot more for a hell of a lot less every day.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yea, that's where I'm coming from. For hundreds of NFL players this upcoming season will be the one and only year of their lives where they're likely to earn more than a normal working man's salary. For a lot of others it would have been their last. For the hundred guys in the league that make millions a year, the rest of the league is filled with guys just trying to set themselves up for life using the only lucrative skills they're ever likely to have. Family can wait. Guys sacrifice a hell of a lot more for a hell of a lot less every day.

unfortunately you have to get pretty high levels of buy in.

and then you have to get (part time) refs, coaches, trainers, cameramen etc... on board too.

players with ill family members, shaky marriages, kids to be birthed during the season all might be hesitant to sign up for a bubble

And unlike the NBA, we are taking like 2,000 players plus the support staff. I’m amazed by the direction this has gone but it’s a much bigger lift than I expected 4 months ago. 

I believe right now, the plan is to still let fans into stadiums but only season ticket holders. 

I think this is why your seeing single game holds on tickets and refunds.Then first take voluntary season ticket withdrawals like the Bills are doing to thin the numbers as well in stadiums without future repercussions. 

Then comes a lottery system of sorts. My guess is the cheapest season ticket holders get cut first. People in the upper decks and in the rockpile since they spend the least amount of money. 

Then seniority of season ticket holders. 

Then change seating locations for fans that still want to go. Sign a waiver, wear a mask at games, and proof of being tested either before the game at the stadium or from a hospital something along those lines would happen before they go empty or cancel the season