Mahomes Ten Year Deal with Chiefs

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

I would miss the Bills though. I’d be happier if he just slipped on a mat in TC and destroyed his throwing arm.

With a $140M injury guarantee, the first day of camp I'd be like "I got a boo-boo. I'm going home. Mail the check!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

To be fair he didn't call him the GOAT. He called him the most talented. I have always said Rodgers is the most naturally talented of my era watching the NFL but I think Mahomes may well take that crown.

Fair GB.  My apologies as if I make a mistake, I’m always happy to admit it.  I too if that is the comment think he is incredibly talented, and yes, I’m a little envious we didn’t take him at 10, vs. trading back for T. White.  A man can dream.  What would have happened if we took him vs. Taylor that first playoff year.

Its been talked about for a few years and I love so far what I’ve seen from Allen, but can anyone honestly say they wouldn’t have rather had Mahomes and draft from there.  Thankfully, we at least have IMO, the best cornerback in football.  I guess the upside is if we exercise the 5th year option, three years of Allen on a rookie deal securing other guys like White, Dawkins, Milano, and I’m sure I’m missing others over the next couple of years.

55 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I didnt imagine that, never said or intimated that. 

And yes a half a billion contract can easily effect a franchise with a value of $2.1 billion, if you can't "imagine" that,  it is your problem.

What do the Chiefs make in income over 10 years?

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Fair GB.  My apologies as if I make a mistake, I’m always happy to admit it.  I too if that is the comment think he is incredibly talented, and yes, I’m a little envious we didn’t take him at 10, vs. trading back for T. White.  A man can dream.  What would have happened if we took him vs. Taylor that first playoff year.

Its been talked about for a few years and I love so far what I’ve seen from Allen, but can anyone honestly say they wouldn’t have rather had Mahomes and draft from there.  Thankfully, we at least have IMO, the best cornerback in football.  I guess the upside is if we exercise the 5th year option, three years of Allen on a rookie deal securing other guys like White, Dawkins, Milano, and I’m sure I’m missing others over the next couple of years.

Mahomes would not have been as good with us, because of the lack of talent there would have been around him.  Zay Jones and Kelvin Benjamin?  Ugh!  Better last year with Brown and Beasley.  This has the makings of a hell of a year for Josh Allen w the talent we have accumulated around him.  No reason he should not be a top 10-12 QB this year.  And top 5-7 QB going forward after that.  If that happens, I don't think we will miss Mahomes too much.  Although he sure can play and is super fun to watch.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I do but we disagree on who is mad. If you said “Dallas is pissed ?“ I wouldn’t have commented. I interpreted the smiley face as laughing AT the pissed off party. It wasn’t just you either. Others had the same reaction. 

The point remains that giant contracts, at the same position, are great for impending free agents. They celebrate them because it means they will be getting more. That’s true in all cases. 

And I did not disagree I merely insinuated that Daks team hasn’t given him what he wants, unlike Pats team, I thought folk would pick up on that. Oh well I guess, 

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

And yes a half a billion contract can easily effect a franchise with a value of $2.1 billion, if you can't "imagine" that,  it is your problem

There is literally a salary cap.  His contract doesn’t impact their payroll because total salary cost is a fixed amount.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

And I did not disagree I merely insinuated that Daks team hasn’t given him what he wants, unlike Pats team, I thought folk would pick up on that. Oh well I guess, 

Yeah, they haven’t yet. He’s going to get 4 years and $160Mish next offseason. If I’m Dallas I probably try to make him play under the tag again but that’s playing with fire.

3 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

Dak is a good QB

Yes he is, but he is certainly not a great QB, thus far, I suspect we have seen all Dak has to offer, I think he has already peaked. His individual stats are certainly good, but he and his team under perform. Look at the talent on that team, he’s not getting it done. The truth is, team success is the actual true measure of a QBs success.

There are below average teams, average teams, good teams, and great teams, This Dak lead team is between average and good, as of late not so good. Jmo, 

22 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

I’m eager to see the dollars behind the deal- could change the landscape for years to come

The idiots who run these organizations are slowly realizing that all the money should go to 3 or 4 key, dominant players, who make all the difference between winning and losing.

The rest is filler.

This is exactly what was predicted at the outset of free agency and salary caps.

It's taking a long time to get there, but that shouldn't be surprising given the IQ of the league.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, they haven’t yet. He’s going to get 4 years and $160Mish next offseason. If I’m Dallas I probably try to make him play under the tag again but that’s playing with fire.

Well it’s Jurras team so ya never know...

Seeing this reminds me when a certain orange fella convinced cronies to sue the NFL for being a monopoly. He/they won -and were awarded $2.

As such, the USFL folded and we poor, suffering Bills fans suddenly had the best shot to sign the Real Machine Gun Kelly.

Sitting on the porch with my Dad, reading the Courier Express how he demanded an $8M contract, I was ecstatic screaming “Sign him! SIGN HIM!!” Typically grumpy Dad harrumphed “Nobody is worth that kinda money! Let him go to the Raiders for Draft picks!”

Well, we know how that turned out.

Granted, the $HalfB contact is staggering, but to fully see it, he has to be the starting QB of choice for KC for the next decade and meet incentives -likely win totals, playoffs, PBs etc. No organization whose team fails to make the playoffs for 3 or more straight seasons pays their QB that kind of scratch, so he’d be released. The nuts & bolts of the contract from what I’ve learned reading and listening to NFLR is that KC can get out of deal easily in 4 years. 

Its Great! -don’t get me wrong. But it doesn’t financially strap the team any more than any top tier QB.

• Like (+1) 1

Good for Mahomes.  He is going to be the face of the NFL for a long time.  He is an exciting player and seems like a nice guy off the field. That being said, I will never cheer for the Chiefs to win a single game as long as they have that scumbag Tyreek Hill on their team. 

Just think...without the Bills participation, Mahones would probably not have ended up in KC. 

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Seeing this reminds me when a certain orange fella convinced cronies to sue the NFL for being a monopoly. He/they won -and were awarded $2.

As such, the USFL folded and we poor, suffering Bills fans suddenly had the best shot to sign the Real Machine Gun Kelly.

Sitting on the porch with my Dad, reading the Courier Express how he demanded an $8M contract, I was ecstatic screaming “Sign him! SIGN HIM!!” Typically grumpy Dad harrumphed “Nobody is worth that kinda money! Let him go to the Raiders for Draft picks!”

Well, we know how that turned out.

Granted, the $HalfB contact is staggering, but to fully see it, he has to be the starting QB for KC for the next decade and meet incentives -likely win totals, playoffs, PBs etc. No organization whose team fails to make the playoffs for 3 or more straight seasons pays their QB that kind of scratch, so he’d be released. The nuts & bolts of the contract from what I’ve learned reading and listening to NFLR is that KC can get out of deal easily in 4 years. 

Its Great! -don’t get me wrong. But it doesn’t financially strap the team any more than any top tier QB.

Reminds me of the book “football for a buck” on the USFL. Highly recommended , fascinating read. I am convinced Trump is the reason the USFL failed. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

How did Josh Allen affect how Dak Prescott played on Thanksgiving?

Pressure to perform, ego my man ego... 

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm gonna credit our defense.

How many points did our D score last season.... crickets...  ?

all QBs want to win over every other QB, it’s ego and bragging rights, so there is always pressure for a QB to out perform the QB on the other team, that’s a given. 

Edited by Don Otreply

58 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yes he is, but he is certainly not a great QB, thus far, I suspect we have seen all Dak has to offer, I think he has already peaked. His individual stats are certainly good, but he and his team under perform. Look at the talent on that team, he’s not getting it done. The truth is, team success is the actual true measure of a QBs success.

There are below average teams, average teams, good teams, and great teams, This Dak lead team is between average and good, as of late not so good. Jmo, 

Dallas scored 434 points.  How is their record his fault?  Just say that you hate the Cowboys, hate Dak, and hate pretty much every player without a Bison on his helmet.  Pretending that a fourth year QB who just had the best season of his career by a mile in every statistical category is the problem, has peaked, etc. is asinine.  He is miles and miles ahead of Allen at this point.  If Dak fell from where he currently is and landed where Josh is, he’d be dead on impact.  The Cowboys have plenty of problems, but a QB who threw for 4,900 yards, 30 TDs, against only 11 INTs isn’t one of them.

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

How many points did our D score last season.... crickets...  ?

all QBs want to win over every other QB, it’s ego and bragging rights, so there is always pressure for a QB to out perform the QB on the other team, that’s a given. 

Awe, come on now, you don’t think Dak wanted to beat Josh in the worst way on a nation wide broadcasted game? ?