Mahomes Ten Year Deal with Chiefs

15 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t mind a team in our conference tying up that much money :D 

Although, there may never be an NFL game played ever again, so who knows if it’ll even matter...

Glass half empty kinda post right there. 

33 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I don’t mind a team in our conference tying up that much money :D 

Although, there may never be an NFL game played ever again, so who knows if it’ll even matter...

How did we get from a reduced preseason, to NO MORE FOOTBALL EVER?

Huge money but smart deal by the Chiefs. They have a lot of flexibility with the length of the deal if they need to backload money and they also have coat certainty at the position for the next 12 years...

47 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Huge money but smart deal by the Chiefs. They have a lot of flexibility with the length of the deal if they need to backload money and they also have coat certainty at the position for the next 12 years...

Not much is certain in the NFL, just ask Alex Smith. Dude almost died. That said, I don’t know much on the deal. As far as going big on an extensions now with key players. I think that makes sense. You know market value for every position just increases each year. 

Then again if QB’s start making more than Mahomes in a few years as a result of inflated pay for the position I imagine he pressures to go back to the table and renegotiate.

So meh on all of it I guess. 

Edited by KzooMike

14 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

I wanted to write the same thing but googled a little bit and apparently Calvin Johnson had an 8yr extension.

Different cba for sure, but didn't Bledsoe sign a record 10yr 100 mil contract with the Pats before the 2000 season?

Then only played 2 games before getting hurt and Brady happened?

I could have faulty memory of this.

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dak doesn’t care if they look like smart or idiots. He cares that he gets paid. He’s not furious about this. He’s THRILLED. That’s why I originally chimed in. This is a great development for him (and Watson, Lamar, etc).

And I did not say it wasn’t so, I merely pointed out the obvious differences in  the success of two QBs, 

KC Chiefs 2020 Salary Cap before the PM $ 

Est. Cap Space (All) : $-16,975,634

Est. Cap Space (Top 51): $3,544,366

2021 Est. Cap Space (Top 51): $22,520,20    with 52 "active" players on the books

2022 Est. Cap Space (Top 51): $111,796,672   with only 36 "active" players on the books

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Tom Pelissero report that the 10-year deal is worth up to $503 million, with a rolling guarantee structure that would pay Mahomes $477 million over 12 seasons. Mahomes will be fully guaranteed $63 million at signing and will have $103.5 million guaranteed by March of 2021 and $141.4 million guaranteed by March of 2022, if he's still on the roster at that point, according to Pelissero. (Feels like a safe bet!) Rapoport added that there is a no-trade clause in the deal.

https://www.nfl.com/news/winners-and-losers-from-patrick-mahomes-contract-extension

Unfortunately for KC, this means their window to win another championship just closed, it’s now and that’s that.  They won’t be able to retain a lot of their talent, they have way too many big contracts already.  It’s going to be a Green Bay type of deal in short order. 

Dak should be offering Maholmes and his agent some commission for the extra money they just made him.  

To me, this makes this year Allen’s absolute do or die year.  If he can’t prove himself to be an elite QB, you have to look to the draft this coming year to replace him.  You can’t commit 25+MM to him for year 5 if he’s not there after this year and you sure as hell cant be tossing 35MM plus for him annually at this level of performance.   The worst thing to happen could be another year like last year where he flashes, but never puts it all together for more than a half.  He’s got to show mastery of the fundamental throws this year and bring back his dual threat ability to make him worth keeping.  If that doesn’t happen, you can’t lock up your salary cap for what he brings.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Best player in football. The most talented QB of all time. Great deal for all parties involved.

It's been two years.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

And I did not say it wasn’t so, I merely pointed out the obvious differences in  the success of two QBs, 

11 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It is quite likely both the team and Patrick have outs at predetermined intervals, 

and boy will  Dak be pissed... ?

This is what I responded to.