Mahomes Ten Year Deal with Chiefs

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Dak wasn’t asking for more than Mahomes got.

But he is asking far to much per his job requirement of creating team success. I mean Christ, a 2nd year project QB made him look bad on national tv, on thanksgiving no less. 
I would not be at all surprised when the Dak lead cowboys don’t make the playoffs again. 

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

But he is asking far to much per his job requirement of creating team success. I mean Christ, a 2nd year project QB made him look bad on national tv, on thanksgiving no less. 
I would not be at all surprised when the Dak lead cowboys don’t make the playoffs again. 

Lol it always comes down to the Thanksgiving game. Bills fans have really gotten more ignorant.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is, inarguably, a win for Dak (and all QBs). Josh Allen is having a great day. Sam Darnold is having a great day. Baker Mayfield is having a great day. Lamar Jackson is having the 2nd best day.

That doesn’t matter though. QBs get paid regardless. Jared Goff, Carson Wentz, Jimmy G, etc... this is a HUGE win for Dak. It’s a loss for Dallas now. Dak will get more in 8 months than he would have weeks ago. He’s looking at like like 4 years and $160M with $120M guaranteed (plus the $33M or whatever from this year). That’s more than he asked for.

Oh yeah, I forgot about him!! Good call

It may not matter as you said,  except it makes GMs and owner look like fools. 

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lol it always comes down to the Thanksgiving game. Bills fans have really gotten more ignorant.

Well, we are all just following your lead there Chans... what with your remarkable takes and all, nuthin but luv slim, ?

Edited by Don Otreply

8 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Well, we are all just following your lead there Chans... what with your remarkable takes and all, nuthin but luv slim, ?

I am filled with sorrow that I have inspired you.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Nope, everyone will hate him. It’s strange. Mario Williams was an all-pro and people complained about his contract. The same thing is going to happen with Tre. 

Mario was the highest paid on a team that didn't win many games.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Dak doesn’t care if they look like smart or idiots. He cares that he gets paid. He’s not furious about this. He’s THRILLED. That’s why I originally chimed in. This is a great development for him (and Watson, Lamar, etc).

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Mario was the highest paid on a team that didn't win many games.

Mango touched on it earlier. Mario was a dominant player and we didn’t like him then. It happens all of the time in Buffalo. It’s strange. It’s like a weird insecurity complex. That doesn’t happen elsewhere. We hate guys picked early and guys paid handsomely. We like the guys that “earn” it. It’s really stupid but that’s how we are.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s the insurance for KC. 8 years from now the market value of Patrick Mahomes will probably be $60M plus a year. KC took the chance that it won’t be Alex Smith in order to lock him in at a smaller number.

But if he went with 5 years with a renegotiation clause he could get more.  no?

it’s not my money but there is a risk 

6 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

$500 million?

If KC shelled out that much more then are absolutely crazy. 

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No its gonna be about $400 Million.   $40M per year for 10 years.

6 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

The other owners would come after the Hunts with pitchforks!!

6 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

You think that his “fair market value” is $7.5M per year MORE than Russell Wilson’s?

No.

I love the internet.  

Sorry, but I just couldn’t help myself as I’m wrong all the time too 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The guaranteed money over 5 years would still be in the $140M.

I could learn to get by on that! I know they are all supposed to be in it for the most they can get. By “most”, I would hope I’d be in it for the big picture. It’s not just the most money, it’s also the most amazing life experience. We have known people who have more money than they could ever spend. When you get to a certain point, it’s not about the money anymore, at least for them. It’s about being happy. Live where you want to live, be with the people you want to be with. Do what is important to YOU. 

At the risk of unhinging some folks here, I have to respect a certain QB in the league who took less, so he could get more. Money isn’t everything. Once you have enough for your lifetime.....just go enjoy your lifetime. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Mango touched on it earlier. Mario was a dominant player and we didn’t like him then. It happens all of the time in Buffalo. It’s strange. It’s like a weird insecurity complex. That doesn’t happen elsewhere. We hate guys picked early and guys paid handsomely. We like the guys that “earn” it. It’s really stupid but that’s how we are.

We label players saviors and when they don't save us we turn on them as soon as something goes wrong. It's just part of the losing culture.

• Like (+1) 4

23 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I love the internet.  

Sorry, but I just couldn’t help myself as I’m wrong all the time too 

Oh I am not surprised he got an enormous deal. I simply didn’t agree that his current “fair market” value was so much higher than Wilson’s...and I suspect on a “normal” term deal it wouldn’t be so high. This is clearly a calculated risk on both sides.

24 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Oh I am not surprised he got an enormous deal. I simply didn’t agree that his current “fair market” value was so much higher than Wilson’s...and I suspect on a “normal” term deal it wouldn’t be so high. This is clearly a calculated risk on both sides.

No player should take up 25% of a team cap.  

It’s strange, but “we” seem to resent people who do well financially. We, as a fan base, even seem to resent to some degree our owners.......the very people who managed to save our team and keep them in WNY. 

If someone does well financially, I’m happy for them. Maybe it’s our background in WNY, but that seems to alienate some people. I don’t understand that. 

• Like (+1) 1