Mahomes Ten Year Deal with Chiefs

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He WAS.

That was before Sports effectively stopped and people stopped wanting to go with 75K of their favorite strangers in a stadium for 4 hours.  So how is ESPN doing financially lately?

QBs MIGHT be topping $75 million in 10 years or might be getting a fraction of that.

The risk of a 10 year deal is unbelievably risky right now.

Nfl is al tv money and with gambling money coming in the franchises will make even more 

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I assume there is a percentage to the cap clause built in or it’s a bad deal for him by like 2022

I would also like to see if he has an out by a certain point in that deal. If I were his agent I would make sure at least by year 4 he has an opt out. 

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

$400M+ is my guess.

I’ll take a shot, 10 years $425M, $250M guaranteed

If that’s the case, he’s going to be underpaid in year 2.  $42.5 million is fair market value for him today.

Just now, aristocrat said:

Nfl is al tv money and with gambling money coming in the franchises will make even more 

Not all but predominantly.

Really, so how are the Sports Networks doing right now?

Streaming and changing technologies are doing a number of conventional networks.

What if there is no NFL this year?

1 minute ago, Billl said:

If that’s the case, he’s going to be underpaid in year 2.  $42.5 million is fair market value for him today.

You think that his “fair market value” is $7.5M per year MORE than Russell Wilson’s?

No.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Right...so why would this be a good deal for Mahomes? 

Well, the new cba was just signed...

Sorry, my tense are all messed up.  What I was saying is that those players that wanted short deals were negotiating pre-cba.  Mahomes is now post-cba. 

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billl said:

I don’t disagree but that’s a strong guarantee number IMO. As crazy as it sounds the longer deal with the higher guarantee swings back to the player IMO. Years 1-4 (advantage player), years 5-8 (advantage team), years 9-10 (advantage player). Football is a violent, violent game and the Chiefs would have to insure against an injury at least at some level I’d think? Mahomes is taking the security in this case vs. straight market value. I also assume that it’s tied to the cap at some level whether officially or unofficially.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Not all but predominantly.

Really, so how are the Sports Networks doing right now?

Streaming and changing technologies are doing a number of conventional networks.

What if there is no NFL this year?

then Mahomes doesn’t get paid. In ten years there will be football.