Washington DC Needs a New Football Nickname: Help Them Out

Message added by Chandler#81

Temp Title Washington Football Team

2 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I:with Rico on his previous post.  Go look it up as my belly hurt laughing so hard.  Man has a sense of humor.

how many times are you going to post this - whatever this is supposed to be?

Washington Generals. There is a fine tradition with the name the Washington Generals and the Redskins recently have lost about as much as the Generals did to the Trotters

Edited by BubbaT
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, BubbaT said:

Washington Generals. There is a fine tradition with the name the Washington Generals and the Redskins recently have lost about as much as the Generals did to the Trotters

Damn you! That’s what I was going to say! ?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't like this logo with the cartoonish depiction of the P-51.  Needs to be cooler than this.

redtails2.png

I much prefer this logo, but this can be improved on too.  

Picture28_zps1cf40f83.png

The only downside of the Red Tails concept is that it kind of throws away their heritage/history and starts over in a new direction.

Maybe that would be part of the idea.

Something that maintains the Native American reference but turns it into more of a respectful tribute would maintain more historical franchise  continuity.

2 hours ago, eee1776 said:

Red Tails. Tuskegee Air Men in WWII. Someone might have thought of this first, but it makes sense.

Dwayne Haskins said that

And even though it's totally positive, in a time in this country were everything racial is debated  , it realistically is probably best to have a name with no racial component

What about the Asian units that served in world war II or native Americans , why don't they get a name?

Everything could be such a slippery slope in 2020, it's best to just not touch it

• Awesome! (+1) 1

‘Skins

Reds

Razorbacks

Senators

Natives

Redtails wouldn’t be bad but that jet fighter logo is stupid

league already has a lame airplane nicknamed team....?

red tails as a hawk logo allows them to keep the feather incorporated in the logo

I’d pick the Washington bandits.. 

Given my hatred of politics and their location crooks or bandits works for me. 
And please don’t derail the thread I hate all sides not favoring who is in office or been in office.