Sure, why not? Bubonic Plague in Mongolia

Authorities in China have stepped up precautions after a city in the Inner Mongolia autonomous region confirmed one case of bubonic plague.

According to state reports, the Bayannur patient - a herdsman - is in quarantine and in a stable condition.

Officials issued a Level 3 warning, the second-lowest in a four-tier system.

The bubonic plague, caused by bacterial infection, can be deadly, but can be treated with commonly available antibiotics.

The new case was first reported as suspected bubonic plague on Saturday at a hospital in Urad Middle Banner, in Bayannur city.

It is not yet clear how or why the patient might have become infected.

The level 3 alert forbids the hunting and eating of animals that could carry plague and calls on the public to report suspected cases.

Fatal but treatable

Cases of bubonic plague are periodically reported around the world.

https://www-bbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-china-53303457?usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D&amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.com%2Fnews%2Fworld-asia-china-53303457

1 hour ago, westside2 said:

Notice how all that's going on happen to be in a election year? Are you shocked? Yeah, me either.

Was just saying this morning if Biden wins I have a feeling the vaccine will be cleared sometime before Christmas.  If Trump wins we may be waiting another 4 years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is there a special mask for this type of virus? I want to get a jump on them before the supply chain dwindles.....that and toilet paper of course. 

Masks don’t work until we’re 3 months into the pandemic. Keep up. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Was just saying this morning if Biden wins I have a feeling the vaccine will be cleared sometime before Christmas.  If Trump wins we may be waiting another 4 years.

If Biden wins, all talk of the Flu Manchu will drop from the media, and no one will care if a vaccine comes out.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Masks don’t work until we’re 3 months into the pandemic. Keep up. 

Unless you're protesting rioting. Then masks aren't needed, as you magically become immune.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

If Biden wins, all talk of the Flu Manchu will drop from the media, and no one will care if a vaccine comes out.

And once the new swine flu gets here it will of course be Trump's fault....

As for the plague, if I remember right, it was carried by rats that themselves were immune. So I think most Democrat officials are pretty safe from it... 

6 minutes ago, Cinga said:

And once the new swine flu gets here it will of course be Trump's fault....

As for the plague, if I remember right, it was carried by rats that themselves were immune. So I think most Democrat officials are pretty safe from it...

I believe it was fleas infesting the rats that were responsible for spreading it.

Either way, still democrats.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1