Happy 4th to you all

Yeah, happy fourth. Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd we celebrate America's independence with explosions that sound like a war? I feel bad for vets and pets, man. My one cat keeps zipping to the far end of the house until he hears something on that side and zips back out. Neighbor's dog upstairs is barking like a maniac and even I jump here and there when the next house over lights off a buncha loud ones. 

2 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Yeah, happy fourth. Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd we celebrate America's independence with explosions that sound like a war? I feel bad for vets and pets, man. My one cat keeps zipping to the far end of the house until he hears something on that side and zips back out. Neighbor's dog upstairs is barking like a maniac and even I jump here and there when the next house over lights off a buncha loud ones. 

Yeah, my preference would be fireworks 1 day a year on the 4th. My dog is very skittish, but he seems to be getting better.  Maybe he just needs some conditioning.  My main gripe is when someone decides its a good time for fireworks on Tuesday at 10 pm.

6 hours ago, Jaraxxus said:

This is all so very passe.

But I'll wish you a happy fourth of July as well!

I get it can feel that way, but right now we're in about as American a conversation as this world can have right now.   We'll be a better country as all is said and done.  

No way around it, I'm damn lucky to be an American, even in this seemingly disorienting time.  

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Yeah, my preference would be fireworks 1 day a year on the 4th. My dog is very skittish, but he seems to be getting better.  Maybe he just needs some conditioning.  My main gripe is when someone decides its a good time for fireworks on Tuesday at 10 pm.

I don't  mind it.  Just clean  your mess up.

Going to work today was terrible  on side streets.  Get a pass at 0430.  But, should be cleaned  sometime today.

17 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I just want to say that regardless of any political, religous, or whatever differences I have with any of you I love you all my bills brothers and sisters and have a great 4th of July!

:)

This post is pure racism...I’m offended and want it cancelled immediately...

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I heard them going off as late as 1 AM last night. Heard plenty of fire truck sirens as well so someone maybe woke up sans a few fingers today. Also, lighting them off at 2 in the afternoon, what's the point? You can't really see it. There was also the house at the end of my street that set up some contraption two inches off the road, and then it was shooting up little bangers one after the other, as I'm driving by the house, no one is even outside to make sure it doesn't fly into someone's car, or even someone's house across the street or whatever. "Yeah, let's light these off and then go somewhere else!" Dummies. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I got to say I never was a fire works guy.  Thought they were a waste of money, but with all the stuff going on this year, my son & I took a drive early last week & loaded up.  My wife was firmly against it but I did it anyways.  I live in Lancaster & honestly never seen my neighborhood and the surrounding neighborhoods like this on the 4th.  The fire works were coming from all angles and someone up in North Lancaster went all out because it honestly looked like a town show.  My old friend came over with his wife to spend the day & it was a perfect day, weather was perfect, great food & we blew off the fire works I bought around 9:15.  They lasted to about 10.  Blew them off in front of the house, some of the neighbors told me thanks, & they enjoyed them, had some nice cakes.  I got to say I am kind of hooked now, gonna double them next year.  Hope everybody had a great 4th! 

• Like (+1) 1