Goodbye Buffalo Bills and the NFL

Just now, LeGOATski said:

I do see that. Someone in this thread already mentioned Marcellus Wiley's comments yesterday. Just gotta widen your view, I guess.

Yeah that was one guy. 

Like I said, I’d like to see more. We should be able to universally condemn insanity while reaching common ground on “police brutality is bad and needs to be fixed.” The polarization has reached a breaking point. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

This isn't about politics. This is about doing for real what many white people thought we did with civil rights laws in the 60s. This is about changing how we all think about and behave toward black people. It's about treating all people like human beings. It's about letting all people be free. It's about the promise of America, a promise we've made to everyone except black people. 

Yikes.    Let’s pretend there aren’t successful black folks who don’t make 10x what you make.  

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

The only stance more absurd and oblivious than “systemic racism doesn’t exist in America” is “actually, WHITE people are the ones being persecuted. Woah is me!”

EVERYONE knows there is no more historically persecuted and oppressed being than the white American male!

I dream of a day when white men finally get a fair shake in this country. We could start small, say a white Congressman or two, and then maybe someday we'll have a white president (or forty-four and a half).

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, FireChans said:

Yeah that was one guy. 

Like I said, I’d like to see more. We should be able to universally condemn insanity while reaching common ground on “police brutality is bad and needs to be fixed.” The polarization has reached a breaking point. 

you're just referring to the vocalization of viewpoints, I guess. Most rational people don't want to insert themselves into the chaos of social media and all that. But the fact is we are seeing it from plenty of people. 

The truth comes out in the voting, where everyone has a voice but doesn't need to spray it at everyone else.

3 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

Since the NFL has decided to promote  political agendas outside of being a US citizen and chose to promote groups hostile to my family than I have decided to renounce my fanhood in the NFL.

I hope many of you decide to join me and if you continue to watch just because you need a way to escape do not have any financial contributions to watching games and watch game solely in sports bars so that the NFL cannot directly contribute to the ratings.

Laughably I am a “Minority” and the reason why it’s laughable is that one’s voice should be based on the truth of the statement and not on the basis of skin color.

As a Native American I do not find the Buffalo Bills name offensive and while our history may have had moments of embarrassment we are stronger when we look for the truth of why our country is as great as it is and why people of all races and creeds wish to come here.

I support black lives, rights and families but anything in support of the Black Lives Matter movement is an insult to families, black or whatever race, who built this game and passed it on to their children with their mission statement to abolish the nuclear family and support for Marxist ideology. 

If you think that you can escape the consequences of believing that everything is to be criticized and nothing loved and than trust me eventually everything will be persecuted including you.

The powers of the league and society in general know that they can abuse after you because you are the hard-working and you are the people most responsible for your own personal actions and love your downtime so they think that they can bully you to accept getting kicked.

Whether you plan on watching this year or not let the NFL know how displeased you are. This is how they get to bully you. They use the threats of complaining which as responsible adults we see as childish and adolescent but we forget these people hate us and they hate our families and don’t ever underestimate wicked people.

The cheap insults I expect from petty people  shouldn’t bother you. They just know that you are a good person they can use insults whereas you find them to be morally reprehensible.

Never let weak bullies corner you. Fight back now. It is our Independence. God bless America

Not to sidetrack or cross threads, but I’d like to ask, if you don’t mind, how you feel on the Washington Redskins situation. How about the Cleveland  Indians? Or the Atlanta Braves? The Chiefs and Warriors? I think the Redskins are the most likely to be felt as derogatory, but it’s not my place to judge. It seems, to ME, that the others may have a different/lesser(?) impact, and Warriors is downright positive. Don’t all sports teams want some warrior in them? 

I’m just asking since, as I said, it’s not my place to judge. I wonder how the Native American community as a whole feels about this? Is it a big deal, or is this a rush for everyone to be PC and attack every cause they can think of. I’m all for doing the right thing, but sometimes you need more info to know what that is. 

Oh, and I fully agree that what you say matters, the color of the skin that says it does not. That’s just crazy stuff, there. 

Edited by Augie

1 minute ago, Teddy KGB said:

Interesting post.   Have any content to add ? 

Your point was either intentionally obtuse or an outright display of total ignorance of the complexity of the question at hand.  Either way, it is not my job to teach you how to be a rational human being. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Was the NFL not deciding to promote a political agenda when they were being paid for decades by the US Gov't to honor vets and do plane flyovers?  NFL has ALWAYS been the political hand of the sports world

Heh, remember how upset the snowfla... I mean REAL AMERICANS® were about that, like the NFL stole money from a bunch of sweet, unsuspecting generals. 

I support Black Lives Matter. We have a chance here (Black and White) to alter race relations in the U.S. for the better. It's long overdue.

The NFL is a place where men of different races have to work together to succeed. It's inspiring when they do, when they come to respect and treat each other as brothers. I'd like to see that carry beyond the field of play, and among the rest of us. 

If it matters, I am white. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Your point was either intentionally obtuse or an outright display of total ignorance of the complexity of the question at hand.  Either way, it is not my job to teach you how to be a rational human being. 

You can apologize for being an old reformed racist.  

I don’t have to, never wronged anyone. 

Nothing but lol’z for the white guilt crowd ??

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

Since the NFL has decided to promote  political agendas outside of being a US citizen and chose to promote groups hostile to my family than I have decided to renounce my fanhood in the NFL.

I hope many of you decide to join me and if you continue to watch just because you need a way to escape do not have any financial contributions to watching games and watch game solely in sports bars so that the NFL cannot directly contribute to the ratings.

Laughably I am a “Minority” and the reason why it’s laughable is that one’s voice should be based on the truth of the statement and not on the basis of skin color.

As a Native American I do not find the Buffalo Bills name offensive and while our history may have had moments of embarrassment we are stronger when we look for the truth of why our country is as great as it is and why people of all races and creeds wish to come here.

I support black lives, rights and families but anything in support of the Black Lives Matter movement is an insult to families, black or whatever race, who built this game and passed it on to their children with their mission statement to abolish the nuclear family and support for Marxist ideology. 

If you think that you can escape the consequences of believing that everything is to be criticized and nothing loved and than trust me eventually everything will be persecuted including you.

The powers of the league and society in general know that they can abuse after you because you are the hard-working and you are the people most responsible for your own personal actions and love your downtime so they think that they can bully you to accept getting kicked.

Whether you plan on watching this year or not let the NFL know how displeased you are. This is how they get to bully you. They use the threats of complaining which as responsible adults we see as childish and adolescent but we forget these people hate us and they hate our families and don’t ever underestimate wicked people.

The cheap insults I expect from petty people  shouldn’t bother you. They just know that you are a good person they can use insults whereas you find them to be morally reprehensible.

Never let weak bullies corner you. Fight back now. It is our Independence. God bless America

I love football too much to give up watching because of outside politics,  if black lives mattered then why are they not doing something to save the lives of the many innocent black people getting shot and killed in Chicago on a daily basis?. 

Just because one cop went too far they start these violent and crazy protests,  clean up the police departments of the bad ones and move forward.  Sports and watching sports on TV has given young black men who were blessed with athletic ability endless opportunities to build a lifestyle some could only dream of.  For me these protests should have ended after the first week,  focus on real solutions not running around the streets like a bunch of crazies while destroying businesses and property of innocent people

My suggestion is leave the players in the locker rooms while they play the national anthem and make sure TV is not covering that portion.  Like it or not some paying customers are patriotic and believe in standing.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Just so the OP knows....this post really made my day.

I had so much fun going through the pages and laughing at the different emoticons our great posters put up........god that was fun

He was destined for entertainment value.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• SDS locked this topic