Goodbye Buffalo Bills and the NFL

7 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

They are, just not the kind you have a problem with.

Do you have a problem with the existence of Black History Month? Playing the "Black Anthem" seems to be a gesture of the same kind.

I'm fine if other minority groups want a shout-out too. Blacks are just the most populous and have made greater strides towards recognition.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

That's okay.  As I said, you're obviously someone who is thinking about this stuff and examining his own thoughts. 

For me, something happened one day after George Floyd, and the light went on. Suddenly, I could see what many, many people have said for decades but that I kept convincing myself wasn't really what's going on. I hope the light goes on for you. 

Thanks for chatting.  I enjoyed it. 

I care, but I separate them. 

It's like when the Bills send me survives about the fan experience at the stadium.  My answers are all the same: give me a comfortable seat with decent sightlines, good video replays and a lot of functional bathrooms to minimize the lines.  I couldn't care less about the entertainment. 

I care deeply about racism and social justice.  

I can have both my feelings about football and social justice without finding it necessary to mix them. 

I’ll agree with civil discourse being the only way forward, we can agree to disagree. Agreed, good chatting.

Here is my perspective and I think I am part of a silent minority (of white dudes)

-Black lives do matter

-Watching Floyd be killed by the police was horrible, and eye opening to the fact that there is injustice and rightful condemnation 

-Protests came and I sympathized

Then things got weird

-Statues torn down??

-Can't debate or disagree??

-Looting??  Blocking highways and part of Seattle??

-People fired for posts not completely in line with current thought??

Would prefer a better compromise for people getting their thoughts in and having preaching jammed in my face.  I'll still watch football, but I'm not liking the one sided reports on social media and the news

Edited by hmsmystic
  • Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

This thread needs to get back to does anybody give a schitz "BigBillsFan" is leaving after his almost 6 months here?

Your right- but it was a chance to post anonymously and not be petrified of a pitchfork mob!!:)

8 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

Then things got weird

***** 2020 in a nutshell

3 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

This thread needs to get back to does anybody give a schitz "BigBillsFan" is leaving after his almost 6 months here?

no schitz given

It's pretty weak if you abandon the team over this stuff

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Do you have a problem with the existence of Black History Month? Playing the "Black Anthem" seems to be a gesture of the same kind.

I'm fine if other minority groups want a shout-out too. Blacks are just the most populous and have made greater strides towards recognition.

If it were just playing the "black anthem" it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it's the whole package of shameless pandering to an overtly racist and Marxist movement is too much for me to stomach.

Everyone pretending it's 1870 is pretty nauseating, but then attacking anyone who refused to pretend this absurdity has merit is too much. I'm not supporting any of this bs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LeGOATski said:

***** 2020 in a nutshell

I think if 1969 and 1977 (with the damn blizzard!) had a baby, it would look a lot like 2020. 

It can be unpleasant at times, but we might just look back and see how people came together and we created a better place by facing difficult issues and experiences. 

• Like (+1) 1

The only stance more absurd and oblivious than “systemic racism doesn’t exist in America” is “actually, WHITE people are the ones being persecuted. Woah is me!”

EVERYONE knows there is no more historically persecuted and oppressed being than the white American male! ?

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The only stance more absurd and oblivious than “systemic racism doesn’t exist in America” is “actually, WHITE people are the ones being persecuted. Woah is me!”

EVERYONE knows there is no more historically persecuted and oppressed being than the white American male! ?

The OP is Native American.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Rob's House said:

If it were just playing the "black anthem" it wouldn't be that big a deal, but it's the whole package of shameless pandering to an overtly racist and Marxist movement is too much for me to stomach.

Everyone pretending it's 1870 is pretty nauseating, but then attacking anyone who refused to pretend this absurdity has merit is too much. I'm not supporting any of this bs.

It's not all about the specific BLM organization, though. This is more general. So, I think some people are making it political when its only a common social gesture.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

It's not all about the specific BLM organization, though. This is more general. So, I think some people are making it political when its only a common social gesture.

Do you think it’s weird that very few people, athlete or otherwise, who support the fight against police brutality has basically said nothing about the bad actors that are co-opting their message?

I think it’s weird. I’d like to see more folks say, “why are we burning businesses and defacing statues of George Washington and moving away from our message?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I think if 1969 and 1977 (with the damn blizzard!) had a baby, it would look a lot like 2020. 

It can be unpleasant at times, but we might just look back and see how people came together and we created a better place by facing difficult issues and experiences. 

yeah, I'm just trying to be extra present and aware during these times (pandemic, culture issues, election, etc) because I know my young kids/their kids aren't going to remember any of it and I want to be able to answer their future questions and reflect on it accurately.

21 minutes ago, hmsmystic said:

Here is my perspective and I think I am part of a silent minority (of white dudes)

-Black lives do matter

-Watching Floyd be killed by the police was horrible, and eye opening to the fact that there is injustice and rightful condemnation 

-Protests came and I sympathized

Then things got weird

-Statues torn down??

-Can't debate or disagree??

-Looting??  Blocking highways and part of Seattle??

-People fired for posts not completely in line with current thought??

Would prefer a better compromise for people getting their thoughts in and having preaching jammed in my face.  I'll still watch football, but I'm not liking the one sided reports on social media and the news

Silent majority of all Americans by far, not silent minority and not just “white dudes”... and when it got weird, all it’s done is piss them off more and more.

Edited by Rico
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BigBillsFan said:

Since the NFL has decided to promote  political agendas outside of being a US citizen and chose to promote groups hostile to my family than I have decided to renounce my fanhood in the NFL.

I hope many of you decide to join me and if you continue to watch just because you need a way to escape do not have any financial contributions to watching games and watch game solely in sports bars so that the NFL cannot directly contribute to the ratings.

Laughably I am a “Minority” and the reason why it’s laughable is that one’s voice should be based on the truth of the statement and not on the basis of skin color.

As a Native American I do not find the Buffalo Bills name offensive and while our history may have had moments of embarrassment we are stronger when we look for the truth of why our country is as great as it is and why people of all races and creeds wish to come here.

I support black lives, rights and families but anything in support of the Black Lives Matter movement is an insult to families, black or whatever race, who built this game and passed it on to their children with their mission statement to abolish the nuclear family and support for Marxist ideology. 

If you think that you can escape the consequences of believing that everything is to be criticized and nothing loved and than trust me eventually everything will be persecuted including you.

The powers of the league and society in general know that they can abuse after you because you are the hard-working and you are the people most responsible for your own personal actions and love your downtime so they think that they can bully you to accept getting kicked.

Whether you plan on watching this year or not let the NFL know how displeased you are. This is how they get to bully you. They use the threats of complaining which as responsible adults we see as childish and adolescent but we forget these people hate us and they hate our families and don’t ever underestimate wicked people.

The cheap insults I expect from petty people  shouldn’t bother you. They just know that you are a good person they can use insults whereas you find them to be morally reprehensible.

Never let weak bullies corner you. Fight back now. It is our Independence. God bless America

Given the level of pettiness of this kind of post, I won't even bother to add my petty response. 

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Do you think it’s weird that very few people, athlete or otherwise, who support the fight against police brutality has basically said nothing about the bad actors that are co-opting their message?

I think it’s weird. I’d like to see more folks say, “why are we burning businesses and defacing statues of George Washington and moving away from our message?

I do see that. Someone in this thread already mentioned Marcellus Wiley's comments yesterday. Just gotta widen your view, I guess.