Goodbye Buffalo Bills and the NFL

59 minutes ago, BigBillsFan said:

Since the NFL has decided to promote  political agendas outside of being a US citizen and chose to promote groups hostile to my family than I have decided to renounce my fanhood in the NFL.

I support black lives, rights and families but anything in support of the Black Lives Matter movement is an insult to families, black or whatever race, who built this game and passed it on to their children with their mission statement to abolish the nuclear family and support for Marxist ideology. 

Bye, Felicia!!! Bon Voyage!!! Good luck with your future rambling diatribes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1

Is it possible, just possible, that this is not a "political agenda" that the NFL is promoting, but a "social agenda" which affects many of their players and many of their fans and which is long overdue?

Edited by RangerDave
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

“As a white man”, do you feel good about having to qualify your existence? 

I qualify because it is far past time for folks like me to recognize there are issues with minority folks in general that must finally be addressed.  I have a daughter that is Asian.  Her friend who is also Asian was refused service in a grocery store, was told We can’t serve people like you.  In a town near me there was a peaceful protest for black lives yesterday, and comments to a local news station included talking about “colored” or “ monkeys”.

Treatment if minorities in this country has been horrible for years.  I’m personally embarrassed it’s taken me so long to realize and speak up.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Take some more with you.

I want his season tickets if they are Primo just sayin'....;-P haha Yeah take his/her ball and go home. Bravo.  Maybe a post to The league office instead of a Bills diehards message board would serve the OP better if he/she wishes to effect a change away from NFL and political activism just sayin'.

It'll be interesting reading to see who feels similarly.

Edited by Muppy

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I qualify because it is far past time for folks like me to recognize there are issues with minority folks in general that must finally be addressed.  I have a daughter that is Asian.  Her friend who is also Asian was refused service in a grocery store, was told We can’t serve people like you.  In a town near me there was a peaceful protest for black lives yesterday, and comments to a local news station included talking about “colored” or “ monkeys”.

Treatment if minorities in this country has been horrible for years.  I’m personally embarrassed it’s taken me so long to realize and speak up.

Lot of respect for you brother

• Like (+1) 8

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So let me guess, those instances = systemic racism, not individual situations, right? 

100% agree with racism needing to go away, and it needs to be called out when it happens. It’s not systemic and I’m not racist because of the color of my skin. Just because I’m born white does not mean I condone racism. They have you bending the knee to social justice ridiculousness and it needs to stop. Content of character, not the color of your skin. Quit seeing people as a monolithic group. Your “lived experience” is not the reality everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

Is it possible, just possible, that this is not a "political agenda" that the NFL is promoting, but a "social agenda" which affects many of their players and many of their fans and which is long overdue?

There are a thousand important points in debate about racism in the U.S., and this is one of them.  This is near the top of the list.  This discussion isn't about politics any more than the discussion about wearing masks should be about politics. 

This discussion is about human beings and freedom. That's something I've always believed was at the core of our country. Human beings and freedom.  The people in the United States have not, and still do not, accept black people as human beings and we do not accord them the freedom accorded to white people. We systematically deny black men their freedom by over-aggressive policing and administration of the criminal justice system. We systematically deny black people the opportunity to earn a living like white people by job discrimination and double standards. We systematically keep black people uneducated, including many who are functionally illiterate, by segregating and under-funding their schools. 

This is about getting white people to realize that the society white people built and continue to operate intentionally forces black people to be a permanent underclass. 

This isn't about politics. This is about doing for real what many white people thought we did with civil rights laws in the 60s. This is about changing how we all think about and behave toward black people. It's about treating all people like human beings. It's about letting all people be free. It's about the promise of America, a promise we've made to everyone except black people. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, BigBillsFan said:

Since the NFL has decided to promote  political agendas outside of being a US citizen and chose to promote groups hostile to my family than I have decided to renounce my fanhood in the NFL.

I hope many of you decide to join me and if you continue to watch just because you need a way to escape do not have any financial contributions to watching games and watch game solely in sports bars so that the NFL cannot directly contribute to the ratings.

Laughably I am a “Minority” and the reason why it’s laughable is that one’s voice should be based on the truth of the statement and not on the basis of skin color.

As a Native American I do not find the Buffalo Bills name offensive and while our history may have had moments of embarrassment we are stronger when we look for the truth of why our country is as great as it is and why people of all races and creeds wish to come here.

I support black lives, rights and families but anything in support of the Black Lives Matter movement is an insult to families, black or whatever race, who built this game and passed it on to their children with their mission statement to abolish the nuclear family and support for Marxist ideology. 

If you think that you can escape the consequences of believing that everything is to be criticized and nothing loved and than trust me eventually everything will be persecuted including you.

The powers of the league and society in general know that they can abuse after you because you are the hard-working and you are the people most responsible for your own personal actions and love your downtime so they think that they can bully you to accept getting kicked.

Whether you plan on watching this year or not let the NFL know how displeased you are. This is how they get to bully you. They use the threats of complaining which as responsible adults we see as childish and adolescent but we forget these people hate us and they hate our families and don’t ever underestimate wicked people.

The cheap insults I expect from petty people  shouldn’t bother you. They just know that you are a good person they can use insults whereas you find them to be morally reprehensible.

Never let weak bullies corner you. Fight back now. It is our Independence. God bless America

I had a feeling this post would be hilariously awful as soon as I saw the title. 

Then I saw who the author was, and I knew FOR SURE it would be hilariously awful.

It did not let me down. Comic gold.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m personally embarrassed it’s taken me so long to realize and speak up.

Me too.  I've had similar personal experiences, and it's embarrassing to admit that it took me this long to see what we've done.  It's time to fix it, not because anyone is guilty or should be blamed. It's time to fix it because we, Americans, actually believe in freedom and equal opportunity. We just have developed a bad habit of denying those things for black people. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

So let me guess, those instances = systemic racism, not individual situations, right? 

100% agree with racism needing to go away, and it needs to be called out when it happens. It’s not systemic and I’m not racist because of the color of my skin. Just because I’m born white does not mean I condone racism. They have you bending the knee to social justice ridiculousness and it needs to stop. Content of character, not the color of your skin. Quit seeing people as a monolithic group. Your “lived experience” is not the reality everywhere.

Content of character will truly become correct when all are considered equal.  When as I pointed out above there are people of my skin color still referring to blacks as coloreds of monkeys we aren’t close to being there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

You misunderstand "systemic".   No one is calling you racist cuz you're white.  You're being reminded (taught?) that the system favors you cuz you're white.  No, maybe you don't feel like you're being treated special, but compared to people who aren't like you, the 400 year old systems in this country treat you better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

I too am sick of the politics, and I’m not watching any more NFL football!!!

Until, of course, they start playing......which can’t come soon enough! 

P.S. - The Patriots avatar is a nice touch. Good idea for you to use this excuse for jumping ship.....the Cheaters* look to have some rough waters ahead. :)

Patriots avatar spying with a camera.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Content of character will truly become correct when all are considered equal.  When as I pointed out above there are people of my skin color still referring to blacks as coloreds of monkeys we aren’t close to being there.

Right, again “lived experiences”. Again, your experience is not the rule, it’s the exception. The vast majority of white people are not racist. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

It's called "casting one's vote economically." Businesses have been doing it for years in the form of lobbying and campaign contributions.

There's a difference between choosing who you do business with and organized movements to prevent anyone who disagrees with you from doing business.

The latter is endorsed only by those who have utter contempt for the principle of free speech and seek to silence dissenting voices by any means necessary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1