4th of July Protest/Anti-Protest Thread

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

Trump is not pulling his punches tonight!

will the MSM headlines tomorrow morning start with “Trump goes on unhinged rant”, or “Trump evokes white nationalist...”?  My money is on the latter.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

will the MSM headlines tomorrow morning start with “Trump goes on unhinged rant”, or “Trump evokes white nationalist...”?  My money is on the latter.

I think it will be something to the affect of "Trump Claims Racist Memorials Off Limits To Protesters As He Threatens Dictatorial and Illegal Arrests" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Cinga said:

First time I've heard her speak and she did really well, came off really sincere 

So you disagree with Kelo vs New London? In that decision, increasing the tax base was the reason

From what little I know of it I wouldn't agree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Warcodered said:

From what little I know of it I wouldn't agree.

I noticed you ignored my Daschle question too, but here you have a Democrat city that seized through Eminent Domain property belonging to Kelo, and others, mostly seniors to give it to businesses. The argument they successfully made in court was that it would increase their tax revenue. All 4 liberal justices, and Kennedy sided with New London.

Noticing a pattern?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Cinga said:

I noticed you ignored my Daschle question too, but here you have a Democrat city that seized through Eminent Domain property belonging to Kelo, and others, mostly seniors to give it to businesses. The argument they successfully made in court was that it would increase their tax revenue. All 4 liberal justices, and Kennedy sided with New London.

Noticing a pattern?

Best What Does That Got To Do With Anything GIFs | Gfycat

28 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm in general against it they'd need a damn good reason to do it.

As I’m sure you’re aware, a left leaning Supreme Court ruled that eminent domain, a Constitutional provision, can be used by the the state for reasons as misguided and backwards as transferring property ownership in order to increase tax revenue on a particular property.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

As I’m sure you’re aware, a left leaning Supreme Court ruled that eminent domain, a Constitutional provision, can be used by the the state for reasons as misguided and backwards as transferring property ownership in order to increase tax revenue on a particular property.

see above.

and is Trump meandering around a point anytime soon?

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Or for a money-losing non existent high speed train from nowhere to nowhere. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Best What Does That Got To Do With Anything GIFs | Gfycat

You are such a typical disingenuous progressive? I gave you 2 examples of DEMOCRATS doing what you railed against. Daschle using Rushmore as a prop to stop the talk of giving it back to the Indians, and Eminent Domain abuse, and you don't see it?

You're bitching about stuff YOUR GUILTY OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Just now, Cinga said:

You are such a typical disingenuous progressive? I gave you 2 examples of DEMOCRATS doing what you railed against. Daschle using Rushmore as a prop to stop the talk of giving it back to the Indians, and Eminent Domain abuse, and you don't see it?

You're bitching about stuff YOUR GUILTY OF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

When were we talking about Democrats?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

see above.

So, the problem with “it had better be for a damn good reason” is that “damn good reason“ is wholly subjective.

I think it could be effectively argued, quite easily, that from the viewpoint of the United States government in the mid-late 1800’s, the expansion of the United States was a damn good reason.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

So, the problem with “it had better be for a damn good reason” is that “damn good reason“ is wholly subjective.

I think it could be effectively argued, quite easily, that from the viewpoint of the United States government in the mid-late 1800’s, the expansion of the United States was a damn good reason.

Boggles my mind that people who enjoy the fruits of the United States now, think that history should be reversed to fit today's narrative.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2