David Njoku requests trade - any interest?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just wondering what you have seen that gives you that belief?

I neither agree nor disagree, I just haven't seen anything.  IR all last season didn't help.

He's great at playing the game.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just wondering what you have seen that gives you that belief?

I neither agree nor disagree, I just haven't seen anything.  IR all last season didn't help.

that you haven’t seen anything says everything.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

The compensation that Cleveland is asking for is the question if it’s a 1st rounder forget it 

They aren’t getting a 1st!!  Deandre Hopkins just got traded for a 2nd and a bad contract. Njoku is probably going to fetch a 5th that becomes a 4th or something like that.

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They aren’t getting a 1st!!  Deandre Hopkins just got traded for a 2nd and a bad contract. Njoku is probably going to fetch a 5th that becomes a 4th or something like that.

The pats****** will give up a 2nd for him and everyone will be saying another BRILLIANT move by BB , and this place will explode why is McBean still sleeping 

• Like (+1) 1

He may have potential, but he has done nothing to justify making a big splash to get him. Maybe, trade for Kroft (would they like Lee Smith? ?)? Or, Kroft and a late draft pick where we have an extra one? Or a 5th rounder?

Also, in making this trade, the Bills have to consider how much time he would take away from Knox's development. If you're not sold on Knox, then consider it. If you are all in on him, then no need to trade for anyone unless his name is Kelce or Kittle or Ertz.

11 minutes ago, CSBill said:

He may have potential, but he has done nothing to justify making a big splash to get him. Maybe, trade for Kroft (would they like Lee Smith? ?)? Or, Kroft and a late draft pick where we have an extra one? Or a 5th rounder?

Also, in making this trade, the Bills have to consider how much time he would take away from Knox's development. If you're not sold on Knox, then consider it. If you are all in on him, then no need to trade for anyone unless his name is Kelce or Kittle or Ertz.

I think if Njoku can stay healthy he can be as good as those guys you mention. I am all in on Knox and I would still trade for Njoku. 

16 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

That would be ideal, but if they wanted Knox, I’d be willing to deal him. I just want some consistency at the TE position. Knox is a tough player for me to believe in. Learning to have good hands is something that doesn’t come easy. Knox was a liability in blocking at times as well. He has a lot to learn, and I hope he grows into a consistent player, but he wouldn’t be untouchable for me to trade. 

There was a rookie WR for the Niners that seemed to drop half the balls thrown to him.  His name was Jerry Rice.  I bet they were happy they didn’t give up on him after one season.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColeB said:

There was a rookie WR for the Niners that seemed to drop half the balls thrown to him.  His name was Jerry Rice.  I bet they were happy they didn’t give up on him after one season.

“Cole B” your avatar looks like a mugshot of Cole Beasley. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

They lost Hunt? He get suspended again or something? 

No. Hunt is on his fourth year tender contract.  He’ll be a FA after this season. 

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s just Berry’s way of saying “no” to trading him.  Unless some team wants to get stupid.  

The Bills have a poor TE corps and it’s easily the worst unit of the team IMO.  But I still wouldn’t trade anything of value for Njoku.  He is supremely talented athletically, but he is an unwilling blocker and he drops far too many passes.  His attitude has also been an issue in Cleveland.  That said, the Browns still need him for at least this season due to Stefanski’s use of 2 TEs so much of the time. 

Another issue with Njoku and the Bills is that he’s a flex TE.  Using him and an in-line TE would take Beasley off the field unless we wanted to go empty backfield.  He doesn’t make much sense here.