David Njoku requests trade - any interest?

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

A third huh?  More than I’d pay for a possible one year rental that could potentially turn into a couple games if the season is cancelled.  I guess I’d consider a 4th but wouldn’t be happy about it

2 years 

Knox is going to be a star. Best TE talent Bills have ever had. He is Jeremy Shockey 2.0

I really like Kroft as #2.

And as I posted before I'm fine with Lee Smith as #3 TE.  I'm also fine with Sweeney as #3 TE,  and a reserve OT playing in the heavy formations.  

That said Njoku is a talent.  Give them DiMarco and a #4.  That adds more talent at TE and gets rid of a useless position.  Dress 4 TE and line up one in the backfield from time to tie if needed.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Knox is going to be a star. Best TE talent Bills have ever had. He is Jeremy Shockey 2.0

And as I posted before I'm fine with Lee Smith as #3 TE.  I'm also fine with Sweeney as #3 TE,  and a reserve OT playing in the heavy formations.  

That said Njoku is a talent.  Give them DiMarco and a #4.  That adds more talent at TE and gets rid of a useless position.  Dress 4 TE and line up one in the backfield from time to tie if needed.  

Knox is a serious TE prospect. Fans are stuck on the drops, and that's a problem. But this guy has talent to be a top TE. I'de love to add Njoku though and run double TES. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Knox is a serious TE prospect. Fans are stuck on the drops, and that's a problem. But this guy has talent to be a top TE. I'de love to add Njoku though and run double TES. 

You can correct drops most of the time though Perry Tuttle never could.  

Bills history at TE is as bad as any position on any other team in NFL history.  Zero ProBowls.  Knox has as good a chance to end that streak as any TE they have had.  

All that, said, I'd still add Njoku if they can as he would be an upgrade over Kroft at a minimum.  

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Would anyone want DiMarco ? Not meaning to bash the guy, but I’m not sure I wouldn’t ask for someone else in a trade. Knox has all the tools, but I hope he can put it together. His greatest asset is also his greatest flaw. It’s the fact that he didn’t play in much college. He looks like a talented guy who hasn’t seen much game action. It means he either has a ton of potential, or he’ll never be able to learn the intricacies of the game at this point. Hopefully he gets it. I don’t dislike the guy. I’m just hoping he isn’t a liability on the field, like he was much of last season. 

Edited by SirAndrew

28 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This!!!!

We watched NE and Baltimore do it. The Panthers did it with Olsen and Shockey , Cams rookie year.

You want to see Josh excel???

We could accomplish that rare feat of winning the offseason AND regular season.
Other than KC, who would have better Offensive weapons?  Maybe some comparables but better?

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Gambit said:

People really want to trade a 3rd for a guy who has had 1 decent year and has had injury issues? I'm not saying I wouldn't want to trade for him, but definitely not worth a 3rd.

that’s above average for non-RB 3rd round picks and he still has a couple years cheap 

3 hours ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

If he's demanding to be traded because he's afraid of competition at his position, count me all the way out!! Lousy culture fit for the Bills. Let him go infect the Jets.

I think the team sent the message first by signing Hooper to a huge contract and then drafting a player in the 4th.

Knox is the best TE ever?  I like the guy and think he can grow to maybe what you say, but that is a reach.  Maybe,Imean that in a nice way, not disparaging Metzelaars.  I met him when I was. Little boy that tower of a man, and he not only was a great pass catcher, but could block Sowell before this generation of TE’s.  He was a stud back then and as humble as could be.

im really hoping Knox, I really am he is the next gen. But he hasn’t proven it yet to be a The next Kittle.  Let him prove it this year and I think you’re right he could do it.  Then we can anoint him. I’m all for it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

I think the team sent the message first by signing Hooper to a huge contract and then drafting a player in the 4th.

They picked up his 5th year option though given Stefanski's affinity for running two TE sets.  The Browns are not happy about this.

18 minutes ago, White Linen said:

The team is trying to improve their roster. Good team players encourage that, and accept the challenge to their position (and bust their butt to keep it). Bad team players try to bail out, and find an easier situation for themselves.

And again, this only applies if that's the reason Njoku wants out. It could be that the Browns disfunctionality hasn't improved under Stephanski.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Knox is the best TE ever?  I like the guy and think he can grow to maybe what you say, but that is a reach.  Maybe,Imean that in a nice way, not disparaging Metzelaars.  I met him when I was. Little boy that tower of a man, and he not only was a great pass catcher, but could block Sowell before this generation of TE’s.  He was a stud back then and as humble as could be.

im really hoping Knox, I really am he is the next gen. But he hasn’t proven it yet to be a The next Kittle.  Let him prove it this year and I think you’re right he could do it.  Then we can anoint him. I’m all for it.

I’m with you, although I don’t want to put down Knox too much. Bills fans have basically anointed him as a future great. He has potential, but I don’t see any guarantees that he’ll become great. 

Coming out of college Njoku was recognized as a significant talent with a high upside.  He has battled some injuries and is on a team where he is usually the last option to receive targets.  They didn't bring in Hooper and pay him good money to play in Njoku's shadow.  The Browns will try to trade him but I doubt that they get an offer in the range that they probably want.  If there wasn't a cap problem in NE, I could see the Cheaters taking a run at him.  The Saints could have an interest as well.

I think the Bills like the guys that they already have and won't spend draft capital or money to acquire him.