David Njoku requests trade - any interest?

Lee Smith has a 3.25 mil cap hit this year. You think the Browns would take Smith for Njoku, straight up????

Seriously, we need to give Knox and Sweeney a 2nd year to prove themselves. Rookies are just learning how to be pros. If they can't show improvement by their 2nd year, all bets are off. And Kroft and Croom need to prove they can stay healthy.

2 minutes ago, BornAgainBillsFan said:

Lee Smith has a 3.25 mil cap hit this year. You think the Browns would take Smith for Njoku, straight up????

Seriously, we need to give Knox and Sweeney a 2nd year to prove themselves. Rookies are just learning how to be pros. If they can't show improvement by their 2nd year, all bets are off. And Kroft and Croom need to prove they can stay healthy.

I’d give them a 4th round pick and I’d throw in Duke Williams

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd start with a #4 and a #6. I might be tempted to part with a #3. 

I agree.  Worth a 3 if necessary.  The Bills have spent 3s on RB 2 years in a row.....and Knox.  Before that Phillips and before that Adolphus Washington, John Miller, Preston Brown.....

Yeah, I would next year's 3 go for Njoku.

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I’d give them a 4th round pick and I’d throw in Duke Williams

A 4th may not be an option, because the Bills gave up their 2021 4th in the Diggs trade. So the Browns would have to wait for the 2022 4th, if they're okay with that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Browns still would need a TE - trade one of our veteran ones.

I’d be completely willing to give them Knox for Njoku in a heartbeat. Knox has potential, but he’s a huge boom or bust type player. I’m not big on guys who are inconsistent, unreliable players, who stick on rosters because they have the potential to make big time plays. I’d rather have eleven guys who do their job 99.9% of the time 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

They looked at Olsen before they restructured Kroft into his one year deal. I think they weren't completely sold on Kroft but didn't want to spend big either especially after Kroft took a cut in pay and had his deal expire after 2020. I would say a trade here is not impossible but unlikely.

The Bills could be outbid but the Browns would need depth at TE if they lose Njoku so trading Kroft and a 5th isn't out of the realm of possibilities.  Maybe throw a 4th in 2022 to make it more enticing.

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The Bills could be outbid but the Browns would need depth at TE if they lose Njoku so trading Kroft and a 5th isn't out of the realm of possibilities.  Maybe throw a 4th in 2022 to make it more enticing.

They drafted Bryant in the 4th round.  

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

Stefanski's offense uses a two TE set 55% of the time so they could use all the depth they can get if they're forced to trade Njoku.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'd rather have both.

That would be ideal, but if they wanted Knox, I’d be willing to deal him. I just want some consistency at the TE position. Knox is a tough player for me to believe in. Learning to have good hands is something that doesn’t come easy. Knox was a liability in blocking at times as well. He has a lot to learn, and I hope he grows into a consistent player, but he wouldn’t be untouchable for me to trade. 

Njoku is 95% amazing athlete, 5% professional football player.  

He excelled in college because of his athletic qualities.  He doesn't run routes or block particularly well.  

Is there talent there?  Yes.  Will the coaching staff have to teach him how to play football?  Yes.  

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, White Linen said:

If he's demanding to be traded because he's afraid of competition at his position, count me all the way out!! Lousy culture fit for the Bills. Let him go infect the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

That would be ideal, but if they wanted Knox, I’d be willing to deal him. I just want some consistency at the TE position. Knox is a tough player for me to believe in. Learning to have good hands is something that doesn’t come easy. Knox was a liability in blocking at times as well. He has a lot to learn, and I hope he grows into a consistent player, but he wouldn’t be untouchable for me to trade. 

Not to be a Debbie downer here but take a peak at Njokus catch % he’s quite inconsistent as well. He floats in the 50-60% range. 
Obviously more to catch %’s but I personally would never support trading Knox at this stage. Similar to Allen his ceiling is just too high to give up on 

We dont have a 4th and not sure I would be ok sending a 3rd.  All for a 4th if we had it, and I think he could fetch a 4th from someone else.

So what can we offer as I think a 3rd is too much before we truly know what we already have at TE.  

1. 5th
  2. 5th and additional late pick or future pick
  3. 5th and Sweeny
  4. 5th and Kroft
  5. 5th and Yeldon (since they lost Hunt)

Not sure how any of those work cap wise, just thinking players off the top of my head.  I would do any of those trades.  But not sure I would feel good about a 3rd and going into next years draft without a 3rd and 4th round pick.  But I do love the idea of a Knox Njoku pairing for years to come.  Just the athleticism alone between them too would significantly impact all the other players on the team as they could really put a lot of pressure on the defense.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We dont have a 4th and not sure I would be ok sending a 3rd.  All for a 4th if we had it, and I think he could fetch a 4th from someone else.

So what can we offer as I think a 3rd is too much before we truly know what we already have at TE.  

1. 5th
  2. 5th and additional late pick or future pick
  3. 5th and Sweeny
  4. 5th and Kroft
  5. 5th and Yeldon (since they lost Hunt)

Not sure how any of those work cap wise, just thinking players off the top of my head.  I would do any of those trades.  But not sure I would feel good about a 3rd and going into next years draft without a 3rd and 4th round pick.  But I do love the idea of a Knox Njoku pairing for years to come.  Just the athleticism alone between them too would significantly impact all the other players on the team as they could really put a lot of pressure on the defense.  

I just due the 3rd. His 5th year option is picked up so he is on contract next two years. That is why I would go to a third