David Njoku requests trade - any interest?

He'd be an upgrade until Knox learns to catch -- exactly. He's not great, but he's still decent. He's a tick or two above average. I'm not saying that any of our other young TE's won't develop into an elite TE, but until then, Njoku would help us win games. I could even imagine him as one of our top 2 receivers in number of receptions if he can develop a chemistry with Josh.

17 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

He'd be an upgrade until Knox learns to catch -- exactly. He's not great, but he's still decent. He's a tick or two above average. I'm not saying that any of our other young TE's won't develop into an elite TE, but until then, Njoku would help us win games. I could even imagine him as one of our top 2 receivers in number of receptions if he can develop a chemistry with Josh.

Njoku drops a lot of passes as well.  Again someone else slamming Knox for drops...and then wanting to add a guy with the same problem.  :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Njoku drops a lot of passes as well.  Again someone else slamming Knox for drops...and then wanting to add a guy with the same problem.  :rolleyes:

You don't have to dislike Knox to want Njoku.  Having two similar high potential TEs increases the odds that one of them will pan out.  The other TEs on the Bills do not seem of the high potential variety.  I would be excited if they brought Njoku in.  A 5th and on of the other non-Knox TEs would work for me.

3 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You don't have to dislike Knox to want Njoku.  Having two similar high potential TEs increases the odds that one of them will pan out.  The other TEs on the Bills do not seem of the high potential variety.  I would be excited if they brought Njoku in.  A 5th and on of the other non-Knox TEs would work for me.

Again my comments are directed at those who slam Knox for his hands and then want to get Njoku.  You can't have it both ways.

And I get the whole potential thing with him.  He was a 1st rounder, after all.  Again I just see a lot of things about him that don't impress me and that make me think he'll never reach that potential, much less maintain it.