David Njoku requests trade - any interest?

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We dont have a 4th and not sure I would be ok sending a 3rd.  All for a 4th if we had it, and I think he could fetch a 4th from someone else.

So what can we offer as I think a 3rd is too much before we truly know what we already have at TE.  

1. 5th
  2. 5th and additional late pick or future pick
  3. 5th and Sweeny
  4. 5th and Kroft
  5. 5th and Yeldon (since they lost Hunt)

Not sure how any of those work cap wise, just thinking players off the top of my head.  I would do any of those trades.  But not sure I would feel good about a 3rd and going into next years draft without a 3rd and 4th round pick.  But I do love the idea of a Knox Njoku pairing for years to come.  Just the athleticism alone between them too would significantly impact all the other players on the team as they could really put a lot of pressure on the defense.  

They lost Hunt? He get suspended again or something? 

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Not to be a Debbie downer here but take a peak at Njokus catch % he’s quite inconsistent as well. He floats in the 50-60% range. 
Obviously more to catch %’s but I personally would never support trading Knox at this stage. Similar to Allen his ceiling is just too high to give up on 

I looked it up, fair enough. I think I’m just going off my eyes. I watched a lot of Browns in 2018, and liked what I saw from Njoku, while I wasn’t very impressed with Knox last season, but I get the potential. I wouldn’t offer Knox, but if someone demanded him, I’d give him away if it meant an upgrade at the TE position. Whether or not Njoku is an upgrade is the subjective part. 

15 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I just due the 3rd. His 5th year option is picked up so he is on contract next two years. That is why I would go to a third 

I get it from that perspective, but Njoku hasn't exactly broken out and lived up to his potential either.  And with a young promising TE in Knox, plus Tommy has upside and even Kroft has some if he's healthy, a third feels a bit premature and a little rich.  I wouldn't hate it, but not sure I would advocate for it either.  Just simply on the fact I think Knox is going to have a much improved year and could easily put up a season better than Njokus best season so far which is still only 56 catches for a little over 600 yards and just 4 TDs.  

If this season was already over and Knox had a so so year, I would be all for it.  Just still high on his potential, so I dont feel the urgency to move a 3rd for another TE that still has a lot of question marks and hasn't exactly been a stud yet himself.  

Like I said, I would do a 4th to pair him with Knox though, just dont have one of those.  So I would focus on a 5th or a 5th and another pick and a player.  I would be all for that.

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd start with a #4 and a #6. I might be tempted to part with a #3. 

A third huh?  More than I’d pay for a possible one year rental that could potentially turn into a couple games if the season is cancelled.  I guess I’d consider a 4th but wouldn’t be happy about it

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I think we already have our injured TE in Kroft and I have yet to see where Njoku is a huge upgrade for us. I would not hate move but I hope we trade him for a 5th or less.

Healthy Njoku > Healthy Kroft hands down. I'd make this happen. We need a better TE room. The worst thing that happens is a competition upgrade and possible cut or trade of Kroft.

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A third huh?  More than I’d pay for a possible one year rental that could potentially turn into a couple games if the season is cancelled.  I guess I’d consider a 4th but wouldn’t be happy about it

I wouldn't give up much if he only has one year left. Now......if they can come to terms on an extension, that would be a different story. As you say, that “one year” might only turn out to be a few games, and that draft pick could help you for years. Strange to even think that way! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Njoku can’t catch either but I’d take him over Kroft 

Njoku can't catch.  Kroft can't catch.  'No Croom can catch'.  Smith can't catch and is a penalty machine.  O'Leary couldn't catch because he didn't wear gloves.  Why don't we just petition the league that TEs are ineligible receivers?  ?
As for getting another TE, I'm all for it.  Might as well get a 12, cheaper than two six packs.  

55 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It would be conditional on having the parameters of an extension worked out. But he is an immediate and significant upgrade.

39 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It would be conditional on having the parameters of an extension worked out. But he is an immediate and significant upgrade.

Gotcha.  You think he’s THAT much better than Knox huh?  I see them in a similar light.  Athletic freaks that are meh as blockers with suspect hands.  You’ve probably watched more tape on him than I but I’m just not sold on him being a proven commodity.  Still some “ifs” in my book, but I agree that he’d be a great addition considering our current unit of TE’s is extremely underwhelming after knox’s potential

Edited by NewEra

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Gotcha.  You think he’s THAT much better than Knox huh?  I see them in a similar light.  Athletic freaks that are meh as blockers with suspect hands.  You’ve probably watched more tape on him than I but I’m just not sold on him being a proven commodity.  Still some “ifs” in my book, but I agree that he’d be a great addition considering our current u it of TE’s is extremely underwhelming after knox’s potential

Yes. I have only ever had 1 first round graded tight end. It was David Njoku. And I am a Knox fan. I like him a lot, but if you can keep Njoku healthy he is a game changer. Knox is a complimentary weapon. 

• Like (+1) 1