Wanna buy a house in NYC? $829,000

4 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5018-196th-St_Flushing_NY_11365_M34891-27454

Click the photo link in the lower right of the photo, and start scrolling through the interior photos.

Is 704 Hauser St on the market?  I'll pass.  I could easily buy 10 houses for 829,000 dollars in Wellsville, NY or Warsaw, NY or Westfield, NY (east of Route 20) or just about any other place in WNY.  

5 hours ago, WhoTom said:

"A handyman's dream"

Quite the little charmer! Can’t you see yourself preparing a nice Thanksgiving dinner for family and friends in that kitchen?   :)

Location, indeed. When I was a Realtor in Atlanta we’d have agents come into our sales meetings saying “I have a couple who will pay a million for a flat acre in Buckhead”. This isn’t waterfront, this is just dirt. Even worse, Georgia clay! 

4 hours ago, mead107 said:

Call the property brothers for the remodeling 

I doubt they would want to take on this job.  I would keep the lovely pink/purple painted walls; how stylish. 

6 hours ago, Just Jack said:

That's ridiculous when about a block away is this one for about the same price...

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/196-34-51st-Ave-Fresh-Meadows-NY-11365/2080380574_zpid/

yeah, I will take this one— thanks.

BTW, even this one, while clean, I am guessing would go for like maybe $120k in most parts of the country. Amazing that houses cost this much in Queens.

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

On 7/3/2020 at 4:03 PM, mead107 said:

Call the property brothers for the remodeling 

Nah, this is like many of the houses you see the 'Flipping Couple' shows walk through as the before.

On 7/3/2020 at 2:43 PM, Gray Beard said:

Location, location, location 

Although between two streets does not strike me as a good location.

If you can afford that house, then you can afford to knock it down and spend a few hundred $K to rebuild it. 

Yeah, probably cheaper and easier to knock it down and rebuild on the lot with something bigger, that is if you can rebuild there