The Shopping Cart Theory

T&C

11 hours ago, T&C said:

Another sideways pic eh? 

That is the "guarding the garbage can" theory... plus, its close enough to the corral that it counts as one point.

Uploaded with my phone.  Was automatically turned sideways when I posted it.  I already have a call in to the BBB.

I always put my cart in the barn.

I think people are either naturally lazy or they think they are saving some ones job.

Just an FYI on the saving some ones job.....while some simple minded people might think that the person rounding up carts can only do that menial task they could be helping old people load their cars, stock shelves or even open another checkout to get rid of the line up.

I had a weird situation yesterday regarding this theory/philosophy.  I was at a Lowes home improvement store.  As it was crazy hot, I parked all the way in the back of the lot where I could be under some shade.  This was about 100 yards to the front door of the store.  

I bought some plants and other items inside and used a cart to wheel them out to my car.  When I unloaded them I looked around and saw that there were no cart barns.  (At this point I thought of this thread.)  

I saw another cart in the middle of a parking space a couple spots down from me.  I ended up putting the other cart with mine, and lifting the front two wheels onto the embankment near my car.  They were not in a spot or the middle of the parking lot.  

Was I wrong not to walk the carts all the way back to the front of the store?  I figured since I gathered a second cart and at least moved them out of the lot I did an ok thing.

15 hours ago, Gugny said:

At Walmart today.  You were RIGHT THERE!!!!

272188C2-2908-4FB2-85BE-13313C6AB16D.thumb.jpeg.096cb17c44b9173dc7f4e67923162224.jpeg

where's @ExiledInIllinois    He loves sideways pictures 

13 hours ago, T&C said:

Another sideways pic eh? 

That is the "guarding the garbage can" theory... plus, its close enough to the corral that it counts as one point.

It may be a factor in reducing the size of a picture to get it to load into the threads. 

26 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

It may be a factor in reducing the size of a picture to get it to load into the threads. 

On page 7.  How about editing, rotating it first. I never had problems  with attachments, because  I go the extra mile.   Gee, what an appropriate  thread! ? 

31 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

On page 7.  How about editing, rotating it first. I never had problems  with attachments, because  I go the extra mile.   Gee, what an appropriate  thread! ? 

It's not sideways on my phone when I post to the site.

I just fixed it.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's not sideways on my phone when I post to the site.

I just fixed it.

You'd  make a hell  of a Lock Operator! It just took you 16 hours. That's  lightning  quick! ? ? 

"The Army Corps of Engineers' motto is “ESSAYONS.”

The term, which is a French phrase meaning “Let us try,” is a nod to the French engineers who aided the American army during the Revolutionary War."

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Could be. I've never tried to do it so I don't know.

I saw an odd one this weekend.  An elderly woman returned to her car in the handicap spot.  After moving stuff into her car, she looked for where the cart area was, saw it, then decided to wheel her cart over and leave it in the middle of a large area intended for unloading of vans with wheel chair ramps built in.  The odd part, the spot she chose was actually further away than the cart area.  I'm not really sure what the thought process was there.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I have never not returned a cart, even when i used to take them home in college :) We live in a society dammit.

Tell the truth.....were you a passenger in the cart with a roommate “driving” you home?  :)

This was before Uber, I’m sure......