The Shopping Cart Theory

T&C

On 7/7/2020 at 2:14 PM, shrader said:

I search until I get the cart where the front wheel continuously rotates as I'm pushing it.

That reminded me of a story from years ago at Price Chopper. I was sitting in the parking lot and saw a woman heading out of the lot pushing one of their carts. Well, this particular store has the wheel locks if you try to take them out of the lot. She gets to the loop, and the wheel locks. She tries to push it, but it's not moving easily, so she goes, grabs another cart, loads her stuff in, then tries to head out of the lot again. And again, the new cart wheel locks up. She didn't even have that much, maybe three bags. She gives up, just leaves both carts in the exit lane of the parking lot and walks off with her bags. 

This is exactly why some stores add wheel locks.  I have seen people leaving carts at bus stops and one a mile and half at bus interchange spot.  I very doubt they take cart back when they go to store again.

At grocery store here they have wheel locks and I discovered if you did not want to cross the road in shopping plaza but park at corner of building cart could not reach car there.  I parked there in handicapped spot because it was pouring out and did not want to walk thru water with soft cast on.  Next time I took the motorized handicap cart and it would drive all the way to that spot.  I never did test to see  how far it would go and could you leave parking lot with it!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gugny said:

At Walmart today.  You were RIGHT THERE!!!!

272188C2-2908-4FB2-85BE-13313C6AB16D.thumb.jpeg.096cb17c44b9173dc7f4e67923162224.jpeg

Another sideways pic eh? 

That is the "guarding the garbage can" theory... plus, its close enough to the corral that it counts as one point.