If Trump loses and refuses to leave

Looks how quickly the republicans have run away from Trump now giving congratulations to Biden for winning the election.

3 hours ago, shoshin said:

You sound just like the Q-army. You get that right? 

On January 21, Biden will be president. Trump's supporters are the ones I worry about since many of them do not accept democracy any more. 

By the looks of them I don't see much to worry about. They are not very smart.

5 hours ago, Q-baby! said:

Good morning. It’s Tuesday December 15, 2020 and Donald Trump is still a loser!!!! 😂😂😂

You forgot fat.  He is a fat loser.  Actually, he is a very fat loser.  Sad! 

On 12/13/2020 at 10:29 AM, shoshin said:

We have a lot people conspicuous in their silence too. Leaders in the R party who are taking the limp  stance offered by Lehnard that they did not take in 2016, and despite 57 (?) court losses, the sham press conferences, and the appeal to Twitter evidence.

It’s sad. 

If our democracy dies at the hands of the Trumpists, what a hero to follow into the depths. 

I completely agree with this.  Most will notice that I don't into policy arguments here (save for wear the mask or be considered a d-bag).  Trump is different, though.  This is about democracy and the core of the republic.  Silence in the face of this latest round of disgusting Trumpian nonsense is acquiescence.  

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/backlash-erupts-after-trump-posts-claim-threatening-georgia-republicans-kemp-and-raffensberger-with-jail/

President Donald Trump promoted the deranged idea that two Republican Georgia state officials could be put in jail over utterly baseless claims of election fraud, and Twitter noticed.

In a Tuesday morning tweet, pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood claimed that the president gave Gov. Brian Kemp (R-GA) and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger “every chance to get it right. They refuse. They will soon be going to jail.”

President Trump @realDonaldTrump is a genuinely good man. He does not really like to fire people. I bet he dislikes putting people in jail, especially “Republicans.”

He gave @BrianKempGA & @GaSecofState every chance to get it right. They refused. They will soon be going to jail. pic.twitter.com/7PMBLc8L2N

— Lin Wood (@LLinWood) December 15, 2020

To top it all off, Wood added a doctored image of the Georgia state officials donning masks with the Chinese flag printed on them, writing that Trump is “a genuinely good man” who “dislikes putting people in jail, especially ‘Republicans.'”

Trump, apparently not turned off by the egregious claim, retweeted the post — shocking pundits on both sides of the political aisle:

Impressive to continue to hit new lows in what’s being retweeted. An accomplishment.

— Philip Bump (@pbump) December 15, 2020

So the President is retweeting that nut Lin Wood who is calling for Brian Kemp to go to jail in Georgia. This really isn’t going to help the GOP in their effort to save the Senate and preserve the President’s legacy.

— Erick Erickson (@EWErickson) December 15, 2020

And President Trump just retweeted this garbage about top Georgia Republican leaders being closet Communists headed to jail … #gapol https://t.co/pRhpsjpbnv

— Greg Bluestein (@bluestein) December 15, 2020

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Just sayin. This guy has a plan, do not be comfortable, he wants to be King, he has lied his way into the hearts of 70,000,000 citizens, he hates democracy and uses the press and social media better than anyone. 

Sorry if you don't want to hear it, but much of the world outside of US sees it that way.

I mean he just lost Mitch McConnel so I doubt this goes anywhere now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/backlash-erupts-after-trump-posts-claim-threatening-georgia-republicans-kemp-and-raffensberger-with-jail/

President Donald Trump promoted the deranged idea that two Republican Georgia state officials could be put in jail over utterly baseless claims of election fraud, and Twitter noticed.

In a Tuesday morning tweet, pro-Trump attorney Lin Wood claimed that the president gave Gov. Brian Kemp (R-GA) and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger “every chance to get it right. They refuse. They will soon be going to jail.”

President Trump @realDonaldTrump is a genuinely good man. He does not really like to fire people. I bet he dislikes putting people in jail, especially “Republicans.”

He gave @BrianKempGA & @GaSecofState every chance to get it right. They refused. They will soon be going to jail. pic.twitter.com/7PMBLc8L2N

To top it all off, Wood added a doctored image of the Georgia state officials donning masks with the Chinese flag printed on them, writing that Trump is “a genuinely good man” who “dislikes putting people in jail, especially ‘Republicans.'”

Trump, apparently not turned off by the egregious claim, retweeted the post — shocking pundits on both sides of the political aisle:

Impressive to continue to hit new lows in what’s being retweeted. An accomplishment.

So the President is retweeting that nut Lin Wood who is calling for Brian Kemp to go to jail in Georgia. This really isn’t going to help the GOP in their effort to save the Senate and preserve the President’s legacy.

And President Trump just retweeted this garbage about top Georgia Republican leaders being closet Communists headed to jail … #gapol https://t.co/pRhpsjpbnv

He is truly a despicable individual.....if you do not comply to his exact wishes...( facts not necessary ) .....you are scum....Can you imagine how bad it would have looked in any other Presidency to have POTUS fired his Chief of Election Security ( who belonged to the GOP ) because he would not go along with fraud claims.....for doing his job....just that move would mark an entire Presidency.....with Trump, it's a regular Wednesday.....destructive/divisive/false Bravado/Science Denying/lack of simple dignity............Trump has been a terrible mistake....  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You'll see no criticism here from those of The Departed who occasionally still frequent this board. 

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I mean he just lost Mitch McConnel so I doubt this goes anywhere now.

Certainly a huge jump for MM and puts a hurt  on trump. 

Pence is the next big one....before Jan 6.

The US can then get on with good open fair and compromised debate. 

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Certainly a huge jump for MM and puts a hurt  on trump. 

Pence is the next big one....before Jan 6.

The US can then get on with good open fair and compromised debate. 

My guess is that McConnell believes that continuing to support Trump's attempts to steal the election is hurting rather than helping in the Georgia runoff elections -- or maybe that the runoffs are already lost because so many non-Trumpist Republicans are so disgusted with Trump's lies that they aren't going to bother to vote.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

My guess is that McConnell believes that continuing to support Trump's attempts to steal the election is hurting rather than helping in the Georgia runoff elections -- or maybe that the runoffs are already lost because so many non-Trumpist Republicans are so disgusted with Trump's lies that they aren't going to bother to vote.

I think that what they've been doing has likely been seeing how far they can go with him so he doesn't just torpedo everything.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

That would be a good thing....

11 hours ago, SoTier said:

"The electoral college has spoken."  There's a bigger concern that the Texas lawsuit of trying to invalidate other states's votes may help pave the way to eliminating the electoral college.  Republicans can't win any time soon if that happens.  Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

"The electoral college has spoken."  There's a bigger concern that the Texas lawsuit of trying to invalidate other states's votes may help pave the way to eliminating the electoral college.  Republicans can't win any time soon if that happens.  Just a thought.

I agree.  I have long been an advocate for getting rid of the Electoral College, but this bull crap about trying steal the election by disenfranchising voters in some states in order to manipulate the EC underscores one of the problems with indirect election of the POTUS.  It's time to move on to allowing Americans to vote directly for the President.   US Senators used to be elected by state legislatures, and when that proved to be easily corrupted, we changed the Constitution, and the country has been better for it.   It's time for the EC to go. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I agree.  I have long been an advocate for getting rid of the Electoral College, but this bull crap about trying steal the election by disenfranchising voters in some states in order to manipulate the EC underscores one of the problems with indirect election of the POTUS.  It's time to move on to allowing Americans to vote directly for the President.   US Senators used to be elected by state legislatures, and when that proved to be easily corrupted, we changed the Constitution, and the country has been better for it.   It's time for the EC to go. 

Would take a constitutional amendment, and that's a tall order. Let's work on turning Texas blue and enjoy the fruits! :) 

• Like (+1) 2

An air-conditioning repairman was driving his truck through Houston in late October when a black SUV suddenly slammed into his tail. When he got out, the SUV’s driver leaped out and pointed a gun at his head, police said.

When police arrived, the gunman offered an incredible tale: The driver, he said, was the face of a vast election-fraud scheme and had about 750,000 fake ballots stuffed inside his truck.

That story was totally bogus, police now say. The man’s truck was full of nothing but A/C parts, and the gunman — Mark Anthony Aguirre, a former Houston Police Department captain — had been paid more than $250,000 by a right-wing organization to pursue far-fetched voter-fraud conspiracy theories.

On Tuesday, Aguirre was arrested and charged with felony aggravated assault with a deadly weapon as part of a “bogus voter-fraud conspiracy,” the Harris County District Attorney’s Office said in a news release.

6 hours ago, SoTier said:

Yup.  That Texas lawsuit signed by 2/3rds of the Republican Congress crossed a line and the Supreme Court rightly rejected it basically saying don't try this crap again.  I'm not with you on getting rid of the EC (yet) but if something like this happens again then Democrats need to fight back.  

Edited by Doc Brown

af1feb4c-2001-4fdc-93dd-798f91667c23.png&w=55&h=55
Opinion by 
Columnist
Dec. 17, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. EST

When “sensible” Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) responded to the electoral college vote on Monday by arguing that there was fraud in the election, but not enough to change the outcome, I knew where this was headed. If someone on the sane side of the bell curve in the Senate’s Republican caucus could float without a shred of evidence that there were “instances” of fraud, certainly more egregiously dishonest Republicans would advance that line. Sadly, I was not wrong.

On Wednesday, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, presided over a kangaroo court that set out to show the election was somehow tainted. The event was as fact-free and dishonest as Johnson’s claims about Ukraine during the campaign. It was also just as likely to serve Russian interests by undermining the American democracy.

Johnson called election lawyers for the Trump campaign, who failed to prove fraud in a single case. As CNN reported:

Several of the witnesses who testified Wednesday — James Troupis, who represented the Trump campaign in Wisconsin; Jesse Binnall, who was [President] Trump’s attorney in Nevada; and GOP Pennsylvania state Rep. Francis Ryan — repeated many of the same claims about the election results that have been dismissed repeatedly in the courts as the Trump’s challenges have been rejected.

Not only did every single fraud claim lose in court, but in many instances, the Trump team denied it was even claiming fraud. Marc Elias of Democracy Docket, one of the lawyers who has prevailed in 59 cases against Trump’s claims, writes: “The legal claims being advanced were outlandish, unsupported in law or fact, and poorly lawyered. By the time the U.S. Supreme Court received Texas’ case, similar claims had been rejected by courts around the country, and the lawyers advancing them had become the subject of national ridicule.”

At one point, Johnson seemed to lose control and began hollering at Sen. Gary Peters (Mich.), the committee’s ranking Democrat, for having accused Johnson of spreading Russian disinformation. In the final refuge of Trump toadies raising wild accusations, Johnson insisted he was “just asking questions.”

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:
af1feb4c-2001-4fdc-93dd-798f91667c23.png&w=55&h=55
Opinion by 
Columnist
Dec. 17, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. EST

When “sensible” Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) responded to the electoral college vote on Monday by arguing that there was fraud in the election, but not enough to change the outcome, I knew where this was headed. If someone on the sane side of the bell curve in the Senate’s Republican caucus could float without a shred of evidence that there were “instances” of fraud, certainly more egregiously dishonest Republicans would advance that line. Sadly, I was not wrong.

On Wednesday, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee, presided over a kangaroo court that set out to show the election was somehow tainted. The event was as fact-free and dishonest as Johnson’s claims about Ukraine during the campaign. It was also just as likely to serve Russian interests by undermining the American democracy.

Johnson called election lawyers for the Trump campaign, who failed to prove fraud in a single case. As CNN reported:

Several of the witnesses who testified Wednesday — James Troupis, who represented the Trump campaign in Wisconsin; Jesse Binnall, who was [President] Trump’s attorney in Nevada; and GOP Pennsylvania state Rep. Francis Ryan — repeated many of the same claims about the election results that have been dismissed repeatedly in the courts as the Trump’s challenges have been rejected.

Not only did every single fraud claim lose in court, but in many instances, the Trump team denied it was even claiming fraud. Marc Elias of Democracy Docket, one of the lawyers who has prevailed in 59 cases against Trump’s claims, writes: “The legal claims being advanced were outlandish, unsupported in law or fact, and poorly lawyered. By the time the U.S. Supreme Court received Texas’ case, similar claims had been rejected by courts around the country, and the lawyers advancing them had become the subject of national ridicule.”

At one point, Johnson seemed to lose control and began hollering at Sen. Gary Peters (Mich.), the committee’s ranking Democrat, for having accused Johnson of spreading Russian disinformation. In the final refuge of Trump toadies raising wild accusations, Johnson insisted he was “just asking questions.”

With the US having been the victim of a massive cyber attack, most likely orchestrated by Russia, why the hell is the Chairman of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee wasting time and taxpayer money on non-existent  "massive voting fraud" that never happened?