If Trump loses and refuses to leave

3 hours ago, Big Gun said:

Nah, more like 4 more years. Your denial is a bit concerning, not going to get any better for you and frankly it couldn't happen to a better bunch of idiots. You are a useful idiot the Dems love and abuse. Unbelievable how blinded you are! You either see what is really happening and are in full denial or are too stupid to understand what is happening, it's one or the other. You're a stupid and sad person!

Oh cool you finally found the evidence then by all means show us, we've been waiting.

I mean it's not like you're just parroting the same old BS without anything to substantiate it still right?

3 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Assuming it’s resolved by January 20th, it’s just another day.  It’s the end of one thing,  the beginning of another any way you cut it.

Had DJT prevailed decisively at the ballot box, the battle to unseat him and nullify the votes cast for him would not have been over. It would be silly to think that.  If Biden prevails, your thinking that it’s over is just as silly. The numbers suggest many Americans think there was fraud in play during the election, and that’s likely to get worse as any but the hard core lefty’s see that time after time the argument is “Yeah, that’s bad, but it wasn’t enough...” or “but what about a NY?”.  

In the end, this robust debate is good for your side as well as ours.  To look at a world where virtually every walk of life has been hacked or corrupted, it’s the height of naïveté to presume our incredibly complex and diverse election laws are above reproach. 

Using the broken bone analogy,  one cannot heal without identifying and addressing the fracture first.  

Why are you spouting off fake ass *****?

Don't say many Americans... Just the few extremist right that are brainwashed by a man who will leave them with nothing.

You say many as if Biden didn't win the popular vote and electoral college. 

You say many as Trump loses every court case and as his top lawyers get laughed out of the courts. 

You say many as in reality many of the republican party are actually getting sick of you extremist right trying to pretend like you are part of the republican party. Republicans are getting sick and tired of Trump's corruption and lies.

Edited by TBBills

All you will have left is fake news companies that will feed you lies just so they can get your views. News companies who don't have ethics to tell you when they messed up b.c they don't have to. So they make up these stories that you can prove are false but choose not to b.c it will hurt your brainwashed mind.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

There is no 'it" to be "resolved" on January 20, 2021.   At noon, Joseph R Biden will take the oath of office as the 46th POTUS, and at about 12:03 PM, he will be become POTUS and Trump will be a private citizen.  All Trump's powers and privileges as POTUS cease.  The only power Trump will then have will be however much the cowardice of the national GOP grants him.

My guess is that ol' Covid Donnie will skip the Inauguration ceremony to play golf while his sycophants remove his personal effects from the WH and his army of moronic Trumplets impersonate zombie wannabees by marching in the streets of Washington and other cities.

Maybe.  And yet the battle continues. Let’s just be sure that when 1/20 comes and goes, the nation can feel comfortable with the process. 

Then...we start anew one way or the other.

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Maybe.  And yet the battle continues. Let’s just be sure that when 1/20 comes and goes, the nation can feel comfortable with the process. 

Then...we start anew one way or the other.

The nation is fine just a few brainwashed individuals still clinging to hope that Trump can figure out a way to fake his way in. The game is over, it's been over, we all knew he would try this b.c he himself like an idiot said he would do it. If you don't realize this was his plan even after he told you and really think fraud is happening than you cannot be helped.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Why are you spouting off fake ass *****?

Don't say many Americans... Just the few extremist right that are brainwashed by a man who will leave them with nothing.

You say many as if Biden didn't win the popular vote and electoral college. 

You say many as Trump loses every court case and as his top lawyers get laughed out of the courts. 

You say many as in reality many of the republican party are actually getting sick of you extremist right trying to pretend like you are part of the republican party. Republicans are getting sick and tired of Trump's corruption and lies.

You can hide under the covers all you want, you can imagine folks on the street screaming at the moon over DJTs ongoing legal fight.  You can pretend you’re correct about every single court battle being lost, you can pretend that Trump supporters are fleeing en masse as the process moves on.  

You can characterize me as an extremist and to be fair, I really think you think that.  I can tell you 100 times that I support the process, support his right to pursue justice, and that I think ultimately Biden is the president.  I can’t help you with that, you’re a product of whatever experience and traina brought you to the point where supporting the rule of law is extreme and advocating the surrender and submitting because you disagree is the middle. 

Nothing changes anything just because you want it to.

Regards from the center right-

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You can hide under the covers all you want, you can imagine folks on the street screaming at the moon over DJTs ongoing legal fight.  You can pretend you’re correct about every single court battle being lost, you can pretend that Trump supporters are fleeing en masse as the process moves on.  

You can characterize me as an extremist and to be fair, I really think you think that.  I can tell you 100 times that I support the process, support his right to pursue justice, and that I think ultimately Biden is the president.  I can’t help you with that, you’re a product of whatever experience and traina brought you to the point where supporting the rule of law is extreme and advocating the surrender and submitting because you disagree is the middle. 

Nothing changes anything just because you want it to.

Regards from the center right-

The only one hiding are the ones hiding behind a corrupt leader in Trump.

There is no pretending you can go look for yourself...

Nothing changes b.c the law won't allow it to change just b.c you want it to on false pretenses.

Edited by TBBills

14 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

We’re getting nowhere and we should be trying to heal. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

You refuse to heal or understand what is happening.

Millions in poverty but at least you are having a happy Thanksgiving... Trump loves that in you. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Haha (+1) 2

Another big court loss for Trump:

I took the time to read the opinion (which happens to be written by a Trump appointee) and it's truly scathing of the Trump campaign. It says the Trump campaign is not actually alleging any fraud and is instead trying to throw out millions of legally cast ballots on, at best, technicalities. The appeal was limited in scope, but there are several times where the judge writes something to the effect of "you didn't ask us to review this broader claim, but if we did we would have dismissed it anyways." It leaves no room for the Trump campaign to have standing in future cases. Just a complete smack down of their efforts to flat out steal the election.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Another big court loss for Trump:

I took the time to read the opinion (which happens to be written by a Trump appointee) and it's truly scathing of the Trump campaign. It says the Trump campaign is not actually alleging any fraud and is instead trying to throw out millions of legally cast ballots on, at best, technicalities. The appeal was limited in scope, but there are several times where the judge writes something to the effect of "you didn't ask us to review this broader claim, but if we did we would have dismissed it anyways." It leaves no room for the Trump campaign to have standing in future cases. Just a complete smack down of their efforts to flat out steal the election.

It’s interesting that two people can read the same document and come away with different conclusions.  

The first concerns I heard regarding Pennsylvania dealt with restricted access for poll watchers, undue limitations on accessibility and concerns about fairness.  When speaking with a friend, he was quite animated about stories of poll watchers being kept 25 feet away from the “process”.  Having been a more-than-casual observer of the NYS civil justice system for 30+ years, my first question was this:  What are the rules established that dictate what a poll watchers can/cannot do, and what constitutes fair and reasonable access for a poll watcher?  

This document on an issue as simple as the activities of a poll watcher confirmed what I believed I already knew:   It’s...whatever.  6’. 60’. Whatever.

I’ll leave it to others to discuss and debate what’s fair or not, but this document states that voting laws and regulation in Pennsylvania amount to little more than ‘trust us, it’s fair’ while detailing that 67 different counties can choose 67 different methodologies within a broad framework of rules.   

A couple key points:  

1. There really is no guideline for poll watching beyond the fact that they stay 6’ away from voters.  So, some will be 6’, some could be 30.  The law is set up to court controversy, and I’d hazard a guess that any campaign that thought they were on the wrong side of the fair access standard would have an issue with this.  It’s absurd that there is not one standard established.

2. The 67 different counties have potentially 67 different standards for voter outreach in the event there are technical discrepancies in a mail in ballot.  Some chose to contact voters.  Some did not.  The reality here is that not every county is built the same, has the same resources or the same capability for outreach.  By extension a voter in one county is treated as if his vote really matters, another irrelevant.  Again, how difficult is it to establish one standard instead of allowing 67?

3.  The issue regarding timeliness of the amendment on page 10. The election was November 3rd, the case makes its way through the process with an amendment filed in November 15.  The campaign filed the amended complaint on November 20.  I thought this was interesting:

It would have mooted the existing motions to dismiss and required new briefing, possibly new oral argument, and a reasoned judicial opinion within seventy-two hours over a weekend. 

I’m thinking that by applying that standard, the notion of a free and important election is vital to our country, but any discussion thereof certainly must be shelved on November 7,8,14,15, 21 and 22 when the justices are at fundraisers, or perhaps watching the Eagles play. 

What I see here is evidence of a system so &$#@ed up that it can only have been designed by public servants at the highest levels of government.  It’s basically Electoral Thunderdome, and I’m not even debating the lawfulness of the ruling.  

What amazes me even more is that governmental agencies are famous for overreach.  Virtually everything we do requires a form submitted with appropriate documentation in triplicate, and failure to properly submit results in immediate disqualification.   I tried to get the enhanced Drivers License in NYS and was rejected because the DMV office didn’t like one of the forms of ID I submitted.   I spoke with a supervisor, showed her the form listed on the website, she acknowledged it and said more or less “Too bad”.  Where voting is concerned, as evidenced here, the proof that the process is fair lies in the fact that pretty much anyone can do anything they want. 

When all is said and done here, many millions of voters will be convinced that voter fraud was rampant here, and the sad fact is that in Pa, the foundation of the system was built on shifting sands just waiting to be debated. 

• Haha (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

It’s interesting that two people can read the same document and come away with different conclusions.  

The first concerns I heard regarding Pennsylvania dealt with restricted access for poll watchers, undue limitations on accessibility and concerns about fairness.  When speaking with a friend, he was quite animated about stories of poll watchers being kept 25 feet away from the “process”.  Having been a more-than-casual observer of the NYS civil justice system for 30+ years, my first question was this:  What are the rules established that dictate what a poll watchers can/cannot do, and what constitutes fair and reasonable access for a poll watcher?  

This document on an issue as simple as the activities of a poll watcher confirmed what I believed I already knew:   It’s...whatever.  6’. 60’. Whatever.

I’ll leave it to others to discuss and debate what’s fair or not, but this document states that voting laws and regulation in Pennsylvania amount to little more than ‘trust us, it’s fair’ while detailing that 67 different counties can choose 67 different methodologies within a broad framework of rules.   

A couple key points:  

1. There really is no guideline for poll watching beyond the fact that they stay 6’ away from voters.  So, some will be 6’, some could be 30.  The law is set up to court controversy, and I’d hazard a guess that any campaign that thought they were on the wrong side of the fair access standard would have an issue with this.  It’s absurd that there is not one standard established.

2. The 67 different counties have potentially 67 different standards for voter outreach in the event there are technical discrepancies in a mail in ballot.  Some chose to contact voters.  Some did not.  The reality here is that not every county is built the same, has the same resources or the same capability for outreach.  By extension a voter in one county is treated as if his vote really matters, another irrelevant.  Again, how difficult is it to establish one standard instead of allowing 67?

3.  The issue regarding timeliness of the amendment on page 10. The election was November 3rd, the case makes its way through the process with an amendment filed in November 15.  The campaign filed the amended complaint on November 20.  I thought this was interesting:

It would have mooted the existing motions to dismiss and required new briefing, possibly new oral argument, and a reasoned judicial opinion within seventy-two hours over a weekend. 

I’m thinking that by applying that standard, the notion of a free and important election is vital to our country, but any discussion thereof certainly must be shelved on November 7,8,14,15, 21 and 22 when the justices are at fundraisers, or perhaps watching the Eagles play. 

What I see here is evidence of a system so &$#@ed up that it can only have been designed by public servants at the highest levels of government.  It’s basically Electoral Thunderdome, and I’m not even debating the lawfulness of the ruling.  

What amazes me even more is that governmental agencies are famous for overreach.  Virtually everything we do requires a form submitted with appropriate documentation in triplicate, and failure to properly submit results in immediate disqualification.   I tried to get the enhanced Drivers License in NYS and was rejected because the DMV office didn’t like one of the forms of ID I submitted.   I spoke with a supervisor, showed her the form listed on the website, she acknowledged it and said more or less “Too bad”.  Where voting is concerned, as evidenced here, the proof that the process is fair lies in the fact that pretty much anyone can do anything they want. 

When all is said and done here, many millions of voters will be convinced that voter fraud was rampant here, and the sad fact is that in Pa, the foundation of the system was built on shifting sands just waiting to be debated. 

When all is said and done, here many millions of Trumplets will have given their hard-earned pennies over to billionaire Trump for his post-election slush fund that he can use for anything he wants.

Election law requires a showing that the process deprived a candidate of a fair and free election that affected the outcome. Like the opinion states, elections are about ballots not briefs. Pointing out a sometimes sloppy process is evidence for improving the process for future elections. Elections are held twice every two years so there are always systemic problems. Abusing the legal process is clearly not what elections are about. I assume you know the significance of the burden of proof. 

• Like (+1) 1