Redskins facing severe pressure to change name.

Beast

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

.... I don't really need to have to spell out the difference between calling a team the Chiefs or the Braves vs. calling a team the Redskins, do I? ?‍♂️

I think you probably do.  But it won't do anything.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

.... I don't really need to have to spell out the difference between calling a team the Chiefs or the Braves vs. calling a team the Redskins, do I? ?‍♂️

Surely not. That's why I want the team changed to the white skins, or white trash as you refer to it.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't recall referring to anything.

My apologies, there was another reply with a similar name as yours. In order to make things right,  I think the best possible solution is rebrand the team as the White Skins. We can rewrite history,  but we can at least  balance things out.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

6 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

My apologies, there was another reply with a similar name as yours. In order to make things right,  I think the best possible solution is rebrand the team as the White Skins. We can rewrite history,  but we can at least  balance things out.

You sound like you’re tired of winning.

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

I like how every time I call them the racial slurs on here a mod deletes my post.

I wonder if that will change now

They deleted my post about the incompetence of the government.  Yet somehow this thread of pure crap survives. 

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

It’s been talked about for years. Is that really a knee-jerk?

All that focus-grouping consultants did on the term “cancel culture” is really paying off though. It’s become a pillar of regurgitated, unoriginal internet arguments. 

• Like (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

It’s been talked about for years. Is that really a knee-jerk?

All that focus-grouping consultants did on the term “cancel culture” is really paying off though. It’s become a pillar of regurgitated, unoriginal internet arguments. 

Speedy Gonzalez called and said.....oh wait he didn't call because he never existed.

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Breaking news...

Also, man has landed on the moon.

Some people do not believe that or vaccinations or earth is not flat or wearing masks in public or P*ts not cheating.  We have a long history of people believing what they want despite evidence.

2 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I spoke to a good friend about this a couple of years ago, when the subject was getting a lot of press.  He is a Seneca tribal member and resides on tribal lands.  He believed that his friends were about equally split on the subject.  He had nothing against the name personally but understands why people object to it.  He also said that Braves and Chiefs were more aspiring names and were looked at more positively.  As I look at it from the point of view that if I had a business and the name was offensive to potentially half of my customers, I'd be looking for a new name.  Additionally, having a name that is viewed as being racially offensive to a significant number of people is reason enough to change it just because it is the right thing to do.  This shouldn't be that hard of a decision.

If it was an insult to Jewish people $nyder would have no issue with changing it.

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Sorry, but PPP is like going into a backed up city sewer after a Cat 5 hurricane... the stench is unbearable. I can't hold my nose like you can... good luck. :P 

I think it smells partly due to RiotAct.

58 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Washington Swamp Gators?

Washington Redskin Potato Heads named after owner.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, buffalobillswin said:

Actually it would be like them changing it to Washing White Trash. Which coincidentally are the only people who want the name kept. 

So Washington crackers ? 

8 hours ago, njbuff said:

Next this to go with this the pathetic cancel culture.............

Chief Oceola is a pillar of pride for FSU ( F them....being a Hurricanes fan) for now at least.  Give it a year or 2 and it will be categorized as discrimination or racism of some kind......I'm not sure what the goal is.  I thought it was diversity,  but it seems like being or having a mascot associated with any type of culture is off limits 

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Beast said:

https://wtop.com/washington-redskins/2020/07/fedex-asks-washington-redskins-to-change-name/

Also, Nike has just pulled all Redskins merchandise.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2898699-nike-appears-to-remove-all-washington-nfl-team-apparel-from-online-store

This will be interesting to see if Snyder caves in to the cancel culture.

Are the KC Chiefs next?

Atlanta Braves?

the list of Indian names goes on and on.

and you miss the point entirely once again. Those Native American-derived names are not viewed as offensive. The Redskins are. BTW, the Braves’ “tomahawk chop” chant was phased out for the exact same reason that Washington is facing calls to change their name, so do a least a modicum of research before starting a thread. I know your itching to get back into this but don’t go out of your way to make yourself look ignorant. The calls to change the franchise’s name were coming before “cancel culture” really even became a thing.

”Redskins” derives from the term used to describe bounties put on the scalps of slain Native Americans. If you think that’s okay, then okay. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3