Redskins facing severe pressure to change name.

Beast

7 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

Give it a rest....

...I AM on your side bud.......with current world events and the unknown what tomorrow may bring, we have all of this time "on one's hands" to spend undoing hundreds of years of the nation's history?.....time well spent?...SERIOUSLY??.............

2 minutes ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

What if it was just The Reds? 

...I prefer Deadskins....they have been for YEARS.......or how 'bout the Washington Snyders?......we'd know where the fault lies then.................

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I prefer Deadskins....they have been for YEARS.......or how 'bout the Washington Snyders?......we'd know where the fault lies then.................

I could actually see the The Snyders. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy said:

In the context of 87 years, yes, it is all of a sudden

no, it’s not..unless you are completely unfamiliar with long  history of the controversy surrounding that franchise name.

Seeing as you are such a person, I’ve taken 2 seconds that it required to help you:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Redskins_name_controversy

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Denial is an undesirable trait.

I wasn’t denying anything...but simply saying that if we’ve been living in tyranny, as a black man living in America, I’ve been enjoying my stay very much... ?

Edited by JaCrispy

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Washington Social Justice Warriors FTW. 
More fans would hate them than the Pats.

Rico, I just spit up my drink reading you’re post.  You and Ridgeway are in competition for two of 5e funniest posters on TBD.  I just read it a second time, and laughed even more the second time.  I knew eventually the wiseasses would come out.  Love it bud.

Oh and Warcodered comes in the bronze as his clips from Family Guy and others cracks me up.  Seriously to all of you, thanks for the levity as it has been getting nuts here lately, probably because we’re stir crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I AM on your side bud.......with current world events and the unknown what tomorrow may bring, we have all of this time "on one's hands" to spend undoing hundreds of years of the nation's history?.....time well spent?...SERIOUSLY??.............

I don’t think it’s undoing history so much as re-prioritizing what gets celebrated. That’s why Confederate statues are being removed imo.

It's nothing but a bunch of crybaby cancel culture morons that have nothing better to do than cry and whine over some sports teams nickname.

In the end, who gives a flying you know what what the nickname of Washington DC's football team has been.

If Snyder was smart, he would have a press conference and tell these whiny little bed wetters to shove it. He would certainly gain a ton of respect across this great land of ours for STANDING HIS GROUND.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

1 hour ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

I could actually see the The Snyders. 

Didn’t see these before I posted.

On 7/5/2020 at 1:54 PM, billsintaiwan said:

Hope they keep name and change logo to badly sunburned fat German man.

I am Germanic and when I get sunburned you would not like the way I look. 

Besides with that name they would have to have at least two people.

They could change the logo to a bunch of red skinned hogs and if they need help at coloring look at Char Siu (Chinese roast pork).

chineseroastpig.jpg

It is possible that these type of jokes will make $nyder change more than pressure especial pork ones since pork is not kosher.

On 7/5/2020 at 2:44 PM, keepthefaith said:

Snyder can make heads explode if he announces that the team will adopt a new name to be determined by the highest corporate bidder. 

Well I hope Jerry Jones gets one of his corporate buddies to buy.   Would be real funny for their arch enemy to determine their new name.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

Hope they keep name and change logo to badly sunburned fat German man.

Or just go with a red skinned potato as a mascot and logo.   Think of the new sponsor, Land O Lakes butter with the Indian on the package. 

• Haha (+1) 1