Redskins facing severe pressure to change name.

Beast

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Yes, but it's 'Halloween Baker'.  Not 'Grunge Baker', or 'GQ Baker', like we get in the post game press conferences.  ?

at least it's not cheesecake factory Baker.

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I believe they already did away with Chief Wahoo.

like two years ago, probably late enough that changing the name there has too much steam for that to fix it.

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Yes, but it's 'Halloween Baker'.  Not 'Grunge Baker', or 'GQ Baker', like we get in the post game press conferences.  ?

Shoudn't he be flipping us off?  ?

I prefer late 1800's detective Mayfield. Thats my favorite to date.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu4cZLXkyErmMjqtDILKa

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I believe they already did away with Chief Wahoo.

Yep. Only a matter of time before "Indians" got changed. I think pretty much everyone has self-corrected by now to calling them Native Americans.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

/smh

A Brownie  is Scottish/English for an elflike character:

ba8d927befdcaebe910c04cd1833bd49.jpg

No match for that little guy from Notre Dame, that’s for sure! But......if they had a cage match on pay-per-view right now, I’d probably go for it! 

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I believe they already did away with Chief Wahoo.I'll be interested to see when the movie Major League and Indian motorcycles are due for the chopping block. 

Please, please pleeeeease don't do away with Indian summer!!

45 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Ohhh....just one more thing.......I like me some Peter Falk Mayfield. :D 

44 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

That is not way math works.  

And this...this is NOT how the English language works. :bag:

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

The Redskins and Indians are the two that need change, IMO.

The Indians got even more silly over the years with the cartoony logo. I don't think the Redskins logo offends anyone.

that's not an elf, thats Baker Mayfield

Historically they used to have  an arrow on helmet and an R with feathers for  a short  spell.  They  were in PC crisis even before it was PC???

assetx800.jpg

10 hours ago, Beast said:

I asked you a question. Plain and simple. Easy to answer.

What is acceptable moving forward when talking about the Washington Redskins past if a name change is made?

And what happens if people insist on calling them what their name was? 

You asked a question about a thing no one but yourself was making reference to, hence a strawman argument. 

Nice attempt, kind of, we both know your scenario won’t happen. 

It does appear you like, dare I say prefer derogatory names for what is a non white member of our American society, hmmm, this says a certain thing, does it not? I will leave you with another well known saying, 

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you, 

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

I'd like to see them go with those throwback uniforms that have a darker burgundy and gold numbers. And with the throwback helmet too. Like this: 

qV5T6fy.jpg

The Washington Seminoles. FSU through and through. They're better off changing it to something that has no connection whatsoever to race, ethnicity,  or culture so we're not going down this road again in 20 years.

3 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Nailed it. He looks like he should be in one of those Guy Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movies. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:38 PM, Warcodered said:

I mean Chiefs and Braves aren't really all that offensive I mean you can say both those things and it's fine where as Redskins is a racial slur on it's own.

Redskins name is a slur, but these other teams are named after real people, not a mascot, an animal, or a concept. How can you honestly connect the Chiefs, Braves, Indians to these actually teams. Are there any Native Americans on them or were these teams started/owned by Native Americans? This would be like calling a team the Buffalo Black People or the Washington Whites. It makes no sense. If Washington gets forced to change their name, so should all of them. These names are belittling. 

The origin of the term "redskins" refers to piles of skin sliced off the corpses of the indigenous and covered with blood. The government paid well for these 'proof of murder' skins and, in fact, many men fashioned a career out of mass murder of indigenous people. Some other body parts were also accepted and rewarded. One of the better known instances of this arrangement occurred during the California Gold Rush where many prospectors couldn't make enough money looking for gold, so they organized weekend murder parties to kill indigenous and turn in "redskins" for rewards. Ya think that label might bother some folks in a country where wiping every last one of them off the face of the earth was once official government policy?

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

The origin of the term "redskins" refers to piles of skin sliced off the corpses of the indigenous and covered with blood. The government paid well for these 'proof of murder' skins and, in fact, many men fashioned a career out of mass murder of indigenous people. Some other body parts were also accepted and rewarded. One of the better known instances of this arrangement occurred during the California Gold Rush where many prospectors couldn't make enough money looking for gold, so they organized weekend murder parties to kill indigenous and turn in "redskins" for rewards. Ya think that label might bother some folks in a country where wiping every last one of them off the face of the earth was once official government policy?

Best get rid of the 49ers then as well. Guilty by association. 

1 minute ago, eball said:

@Happy please let me know the nickname of a professional US sports team that 10% of white people find offensive.

I’ll be waiting. 

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish........its not offensive until the media and big business tells you its offensive. Thats when people decide to get on board. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

The Notre Dame Fighting Irish........its not offensive until the media and big business tells you its offensive. Thats when people decide to get on board. 

I think you might be confusing being offended with just hating the team. Though I don't know my dad hates that team because they're always on T.V. even when they're terrible.