Redskins facing severe pressure to change name.

Beast

9 hours ago, Beast said:

Oh really?

So, are you in favor of firing each and every person that has ever said Redskins?

Have YOU ever said Redskins?

I anxiously await your response.

Yes I have said the word, and it is a derogatory racist word, as a child growing up I did not know better, as an adult I do know better, and I strive in my life to be a better person, I am certainly not perfect, but what I know how to change for the better I try to do. How about you? 

Firing someone? I never said anything about doing so, , are you attempting a strawman argument, are you afraid for some reason to address what I said? 

its okay,  change can be scary, when one realizes they have been party to a thing that is wrong, and then changes their behavior they have done a good thing, it’s nothing to be ashamed off. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Didn't  Cowboys kill Native Americans??  They're next.

Wasn't Buffalo Bill Cody a Cowboy??

At this rate we have about a month left before we become the Buffalo Bisons.

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Excellent over-exaggeration. The other CHUDs in this thread would be proud. 

people will laugh this off but ...it won't be long before they come for guys named Bill, then Dick, then Henry and you know it will happen, Karen.

think about it...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Excellent over-exaggeration. The other CHUDs in this thread would be proud. 

I had to look up “CHUD” and there’s various meanings. Which one were you aiming for: Canabalistic dweller or ugly/stupid person?

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I had to look up “CHUD” and there’s various meanings. Which one were you aiming for: Canabalistic dweller or ugly/stupid person?

Hahaha.....I just did the same thing.  Learn something new every day. You need to go to the Uban dictionary to get the meaning in the context he was using it. Then you will be woke.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

10 hours ago, Thurman Kelly said:

I don't care about Washington's football team, and I certainly don't care about their name, but if the NFL doesn't decide to be a football league instead of a lobbying organization pretty soon , they are going to lose a lot of fans and I'm going to be one of them.  I've been a Bills season ticket holder a long time, but between planning to play without fans in the stands, kneeling, performing a so called "black national anthem", renaming teams, and declaring their support for political causes, I'm just about ready to find something else to do.

I don't watch football to hear anyone's political opinions or grievances.  I doubt that those who are complaining the loudest watch football at all.  I can watch CNN or Fox News if I want to follow the latest in politics.

There are still alternative things to do with my time other than watch sports - that don't require me to endure political infomercials.

is any of this going on during the games? I never watch or listen to the anthem on TV...I usually have the red zone channel on till kickoff and making sure my fantasy lineup is set. This is how I enjoy football. 

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Yes I have said the word, and it is a derogatory racist word, as a child growing up I did not know better, as an adult I do know better, and I strive in my life to be a better person, I am certainly not perfect, but what I know how to change for the better I try to do. How about you? 

Firing someone? I never said anything about doing so, , are you attempting a strawman argument, are you afraid for some reason to address what I said? 

its okay,  change can be scary, when one realizes they have been party to a thing that is wrong, and then changes their behavior they have done a good thing, it’s nothing to be ashamed off. 

It’s not a strawman argument. It’s either a racial slur or it isn’t a racial slur.

Do we say, remember the Bills v. Redskins Super Bowl where Andre Reed threw his helmet or is that going to land someone in the Shameville jail? 

8 hours ago, Chemical said:

Lol at “ lobbying organization” 

you know no one cares what you do with your time. 

It is odd to me that so many Americans seem to have invented a right to not hear things they don’t want to hear. One would think the  league siding with righting a historically long period of social injustice would be thought of as a very good thing.

Behavioral change scares the hell out of some folk. The kicker is that treating other people as you want to be treated is easy. 

There is and old saying, when one asks when the best time to plant a tree is , the answer is, twenty years ago, the 2nd best time is NOW...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

It is odd to me that so many Americans seem to have invented a right to not hear things they don’t want to hear. One would think the  league siding with righting a historically long period of social injustice would be thought of as a very good thing.

Behavioral change scares the hell out of some folk. The kicker is that treating other people as you want to be treated is easy. 

There is and old saying, when one asks when the best time to plant a tree is , the answer is, twenty years ago, the 2nd best time is NOW...

where and when so these supposed behavioral changes stop?

who and/or what decides what is appropriate?

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

It’s not a strawman argument. It’s either a racial slur or it isn’t a racial slur.

Do we say, remember the Bills v. Redskins Super Bowl where Andre Reed threw his helmet or is that going to land someone in the Shameville jail? 

You sir are not nearly as astute as you seem to believe, you pursue your firing and jail thing as if it was something other than the strawman argument it is.  I’ll leave you with this, 

When asked when the best time to plant a tree is, the answer is twenty year ago, the second best time to plant a tree is NOW. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Foxx said:

where and when so these supposed behavioral changes stop?

who and/or what decides what is appropriate?

We decide through an open and honest discussion about these issues, how the hell else does a wrong get righted? Your argument pretends that a solution can’t be found, or that treating others as you would want to be treated is not something to aspire to. Has our country become so intellectually lazy that finding a solution is just to hard to attempt? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

10 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You sir are not nearly as astute as you seem to believe, you pursue your firing and jail thing as if it was something other than the strawman argument it is.  I’ll leave you with this, 

When asked when the best time to plant a tree is, the answer is twenty year ago, the second best time to plant a tree is NOW. 

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

We decide through an open and honest discussion about these issues, how the hell else does a wrong get righted? Your argument pretends that a solution can’t be found, or that treating others as you would want to be treated is not something to aspire to. Has our country become so intellectually lazy that finding a solution is just to hard to attempt? 

I like your style.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I asked you a question. Plain and simple. Easy to answer.

What is acceptable moving forward when talking about the Washington Redskins past if a name change is made?

And what happens if people insist on calling them what their name was? 

12 hours ago, Thurman Kelly said:

I don't care about Washington's football team, and I certainly don't care about their name, but if the NFL doesn't decide to be a football league instead of a lobbying organization pretty soon , they are going to lose a lot of fans and I'm going to be one of them.  I've been a Bills season ticket holder a long time, but between planning to play without fans in the stands, kneeling, performing a so called "black national anthem", renaming teams, and declaring their support for political causes, I'm just about ready to find something else to do.

I don't watch football to hear anyone's political opinions or grievances.  I doubt that those who are complaining the loudest watch football at all.  I can watch CNN or Fox News if I want to follow the latest in politics.

There are still alternative things to do with my time other than watch sports - that don't require me to endure political infomercials.

We had a group of guys in the row behind us for a few years who looooved calling Tyrod Taylor the n-word. I mean, these dudes wallowed in it, like pigs in sh**. I bet they’re considering handing in their fandom cards over all this too. I say good riddance. The world moves on, and people who can’t get cranky. It’s inevitable. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Beast said:

And what happens if people insist on calling them what their name was? 

Just spitballing here, but I’d assume those people will simply be considered jackasses. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

people will laugh this off but ...it won't be long before they come for guys named Bill, then Dick, then Henry and you know it will happen, Karen.

think about it...

well if your doomsday scenario of this runaway slippery slope of wokeness actually occurs then I’ll be sure to give you full credit for predicting it. 

and you’re the karen in this thread, not sure how you misused that term so completely.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Just spitballing here, but I’d assume those people will simply be considered jackasses. 

Maybe by you, and you only, in which case who cares.

• Like (+1) 1