Redskins facing severe pressure to change name.

Beast

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Interesting. What's your take on racism, which is what 'cancel culture' in this instance is being applied as a response?

Just look at what's happening around this country.

For example, we get people who have been fired for saying "All Lives Matter". How on God's green earth is this a fireable offense in the REAL world?

I can list many other examples, but I don't have the time or patience. 

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Cancel culture is so vile and disgusting that they probably want to cancel puppies next.

I know, it's crazy! 

First they cancel slavery!  Then they cancel women's inability to vote! 

Now they want to cancel racist derogatory terms from the world of pro sports! 

What's next?   Puppies indeed! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, First Round Bust said:

how far are we going with this stuff..George Washington and family owned slaves so should he no longer be considered as father of our country and or should we change the name of our nations capital ? not tot mention that Thomas Jefferson did as well

Revealing the truth about these men instead of hiding important details about their history would be a good start.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I know, it's crazy! 

First they cancel slavery!  Then they cancel women's inability to vote! 

Now they want to cancel racist derogatory terms from the world of pro sports! 

What's next?   Puppies indeed! 

The Redskins name has been around forever and the Native Americans never had a problem with that name.

Don't worry, Snyder will eventually cave.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Just look at what's happening around this country.

For example, we get people who have been fired for saying "All Lives Matter". How on God's green earth is this a fireable offense in the REAL world?

I can list many other examples, but I don't have the time or patience. 

May I suggest you invest a bit of your time and patience to realize that 'All Lives Matter' is in response to and created in opposition of 'Black Lives Matter' as a general principle.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

May I suggest you invest a bit of your time and patience to realize that 'All Lives Matter' is in response to and created in opposition of 'Black Lives Matter' as a general principle.

Only black lives matter then. 

Ok, got it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Redskins name has been around forever and the Native Americans never had a problem with that name.

Don't worry, Snyder will eventually cave.

Actually, they have

• Like (+1) 1

Ok, got it.

I’ve never heard someone say “all lives matter” in response to Blue Lives Matter statements.  Somehow it’s only a response to Black Lives Matter.  I wonder why that is.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Ok, got it.

If the people who respond to "Black Lives Matter" by saying "All Lives Matter" really believed that all lives matter, then they'd be outraged by the police brutality against black people.

If your house is burning down, you call the fire department and ask for help. Imagine if they responded with "all houses matter."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, WhoTom said:

If the people who respond to "Black Lives Matter" by saying "All Lives Matter" really believed that all lives matter, then they'd be outraged by the police brutality against black people.

If your house is burning down, you call the fire department and ask for help. Imagine if they responded with "all houses matter."

Yep, cops start their days by going after blacks non stop. 

I can't help you if you really believe that is what the police as whole is in this country.

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

I don't think you do

Yeah, I do buddy.

I can't help you if you really believe that is what the police as whole is in this country.

Congratulations on mastering the slippery-slope argument.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Yeah, I do buddy.

Go find yourself a safe space and cry about how you have to share drinking fountains with minorities, you adorable little snowflake.

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's not about "Indian names."

It's about the derogatory term "Redskins" used for Native Americans.

I'm pretty sure it's the only Indian reference in the world of sports that creates this problem.

I've read and listened to several Native American speakers on the topic and the only nickname they were concerned with was "Redskins."

Again, I do 't know....for the tenth time in this thread, if you don't think the cancel culture is not going after other Indian themed teams, you haven't been paying attention the last month.

I'm not saying they will succeed but you can bet your ass those teams are in deck.

Watch the Blackhawks logo be under attack

by this time next week.

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Again, I do 't know....for the tenth time in this thread, if you don't think the cancel culture is not going after other Indian themed teams, you haven't been paying attention the last month.

I'm not saying they will succeed but you can bet your ass those teams are in deck.

Watch the Blackhawks logo be under attack

by this time next week.

Why do you care though?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Sports fans who want to keep their team name because of history: "It's the name of a team. Why don't those people just get over it?"

Minorities whose culture and heritage have been usurped by sports mascots: "Have you considered taking your own advice on that?"

• Thank you (+1) 1