Black national anthem?

18 hours ago, Tiberius said:

BTW, don't call people that were enslaved, "slaves." They were enslaved people. 

How about undocumented workers?

Hmmmmm no....

?

Stationary employees?

Not quite right....

?

Southern servants?

Closer......

?

Enslaved Democrats!

C430AD79-F2C7-4850-9495-7BAB7B984B45.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

So I take it you believe that the north should’ve let the south secede from the union so we wouldn’t have anything to do with them? This is silly talk. Please stop. 

What makes you say that? 

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What makes YOU say any of this race bating nonsense you’re so desperate to keep alive? 

He has a clearly defined mission as to why he says what he says. 

Just don't make the mistake of asking him directly why he says it...

...it will just be more noise for the sake of keeping you talking to him in a conversation that never goes anywhere...

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It’s the difference between who a person is, and what’s happened to a person. 

No it isn't. It is semantics. Both describe a condition the person is in. "Who" a person is can never be described by a label. That is the problem with people like you - constantly defining who people are by labels and superficial qualities. Just as long as they are the labels and qualities that suit you for the moment.

Find me one person who has been, or is a slave that supports this and I will be more than happy to listen to him or her.

If somebody works as an engineer, do we refer to that person as "employed as an an engineer," rather than just "an engineer," in order to distinguish what that person does as opposed to who that person is?

No, we don't.  You know why? Because there are no self-congratulatory feelings of moral and intellectual superiority that go along with that particular distinction.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No it isn't. It is semantics. Both describe a condition the person is in. "Who" a person is can never be described by a label. That is the problem with people like you - constantly defining who people are by labels and superficial qualities. Just as long as they are the labels and qualities that suit you for the moment.

Find me one person who has been, or is a slave that supports this and I will be more than happy to listen to him or her.

If somebody works as an engineer, do we refer to that person as "employed as an an engineer," rather than just "an engineer," in order to distinguish what that person does as opposed to who that person is?

No, we don't.  You know why? Because there are no self-congratulatory feelings of moral and intellectual superiority that go along with that particular distinction.

Yes it is, labels matter. The person who is enslaved of course understands they can be free. We live in a country where public opinion matters, and if a person is considered a “slave” and that’s just who they are in their nature, it’s different than seeing them as being forcefully and brutally enslaved and it’s enforced by the law—a law Robert Lee fought to keep there is a difference. 

People not not wanting to see the difference just don’t care. Some obviously wish to “Make America Great Again” by looking to those dark days. 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes it is, labels matter. The person who is enslaved of course understands they can be free. We live in a country where public opinion matters, and if a person is considered a “slave” and that’s just who they are in their nature, it’s different than seeing them as being forcefully and brutally enslaved and it’s enforced by the law—a law Robert Lee fought to keep there is a difference. 

People not not wanting to see the difference just don’t care. Some obviously wish to “Make America Great Again” by looking to those dark days. 

You and your kind in a nutshell. Labels, labels, labels....

The term "slave" describes who someone is in their nature? There is nothing about that term that describes the "nature" of anyone. There is nothing about that word that describes "WHO" a person is. When someone is a slave or enslaved, they are someone being held against their will, as you say, "forcefully and brutally." Both words describe their condition.

And of course, you finish your post with the obligatory liberal labeling: "People not not wanting to see the difference just don’t care."

For people like you, labels do matter, but only for the purposes of making yourself feel better, smarter, and more enlighted, or for shaming and bullying others tha do not agree with you.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

You and your kind in a nutshell. Labels, labels, labels....

The term "slave" describes who someone is in their nature? There is nothing about that term that describes the "nature" of anyone. And neither one of those words describe "WHO" a person is. When someone is a slave or enslaved, they are someone being held against their will, as you say, "forcefully and brutally." Both words describe their condition.

And of course, you finish your post with the obligatory liberal labeling: "People not not wanting to see the difference just don’t care."

For people like you, labels do matter, but only for the purposes of making yourself feel better, smarter, and more enlighted, or for shaming and bullying others tha do not agree with you.

Yup, people thought blacks were suppose to be slaves, hencethe need to say they were enslaved, not slaves. Pretty simple. No need to get upset like you people just do over any little thing. 

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Exactly...

a lot of people don't care about your PC social engineering garbage...

they were slaves, call them whatever you like...

but I say they were slaves...

Live in the past if you like, but the future will simply leave you behind...

...and now, back on ignore for you...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Exactly...

a lot of people don't care about your PC social engineering garbage...

they were slaves, call them whatever you like...

but I say they were slaves...

Live in the past if you like, but the future will simply leave you behind...

...and now, back on ignore for you...

I thought I was on ignore? Make up your mind fool 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Yup, people thought blacks were suppose to be slaves, hencethe need to say they were enslaved, not slaves. Pretty simple. No need to get upset like you people just do over any little thing. 

I'm not upset. I am merely pointing out how absolutey flawed your logic is. You like things to be simple. You like for one word labels to describe the complexities of a human being. It makes things easier for you. It doesn't change the fact that "slave" and "enslaved" are different without a distinction. They both, inevitably, refer to someone being held against their will. Neither term sheds any light on WHO a person is.

From your previous post: "If a person is considered a “slave” and that’s just who they are in their nature." That just might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen you post. That is saying something as you are the one who once posted that "guns make suicides more lethal." 

Upon further review, I think paying to see the NFL is like paying your wife's boyfriend to hang out with you.

Wearing a jersey is like putting his picture on the wall of your office.

Buying a jersey is like asking his permission to jerk it while he plows your wife.

Watching the game on antenna TV is kind of like watching through the peep hole and rubbing one out.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Wacka said:

Poland, Hungary and Russia seem to be the most based countries around now. Who'd a thunk it?

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

Upon further review, I think paying to see the NFL is like paying your wife's boyfriend to hang out with you.

Wearing a jersey is like putting his picture on the wall of your office.

Buying a jersey is like asking his permission to ***** while he plows your wife.

Watching the game on antenna TV is kind of like watching through the peep hole and rubbing one out.

Kinda the way I feel now. I'm out of fantasy leagues. Won't be getting Sunday Ticket. I think if I were to watch a Bills game I will feel like I have to take a shower right after

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Shite  your half a slave now and you don't even realize it. Slave by taxation. Slave to usery in the form of interest rates . Slave to multi nationals. Ever notice that after you pay all your bills there is hardly anything left? That's not by accident. Think feminism was a way to free women? Think again. There was no way they were going to get away not being a tax donkeys or not paying interest on credit cards they got sucked into. That's 50 % more people to leech off of.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45f4a470-b5aa-11ea-bbfa-5a60fdf7e462
Shamar Walters and Maia Davis
NBC NewsJuly 4, 2020
TV host pictured in Smithsonian article alongside his direct ancestor, Thomas Jefferson

Shannon LaNier, a sixth great-grandson of Founding Father Thomas Jefferson and his slave, Sally Hemings, wore the same sort of outfit as his famous ancestor for a Smithsonian Magazine piece, "American Descendants."

But LaNier, who is Black, said in the article in the magazine's July issue that he chose not to wear a wig.

“I didn’t want to become Jefferson,” LaNier said. “My ancestor had his dreams — and now it’s up to all of us living in America today to make sure no one is excluded from the promise of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”

LaNier, a TV host in Houston who co-authored a book about his family, "Jefferson's Children: The Story of One American Family," also said of the third U.S. president, “He was a brilliant man who preached equality, but he didn’t practice it. He owned people. And now I’m here because of it.”