Black national anthem?

2 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

So are y'all going to watch football this year?

If so, are you going to buy tickets, merchandise, Sunday Ticket, or anything else to contribute to their revenues?

I just bought my JA jersey and a few other shirts a couple weeks ago. And I’m regretting that right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

If so, are you going to buy tickets, merchandise, Sunday Ticket, or anything else to contribute to their revenues?

I rarely go to games and never spend money on those other things.  As always I'll tune in well after all the singing and other nonsense is over and turn it off at the final whistle.

4 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I rarely go to games and never spend money on those other things.  As always I'll tune in well after all the singing and other nonsense is over and turn it off at the final whistle.

I'm thinking I may do the same. I've got an app that lets me watch the games free, so I don't THINK they get any money or measurable ratings from it, but right now I'm so disgusted with the league I don't even care about the game.

3 hours ago, Cinga said:

The National Anthem is color blind, so if they switch to something special for a specific race, isn't that then racist in itself?

You racist sloth. You might as well say All Lives Matter you white supremacist. ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

I'm thinking I may do the same. I've got an app that lets me watch the games free, so I don't THINK they get any money or measurable ratings from it, but right now I'm so disgusted with the league I don't even care about the game.

I did pretty well on Reddit last year streaming games to my tablet or phone, but I think that may have been disrupted.   You have an app that gets int'l feed?

I'll be watching the games.  I can't help it,  I'm addicted to football ?.

In the spirit of posting rap songs I'm going with the original rap song.  One of THE COOLEST songs ever recorded IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Rob, the only times I ever missed the NFL is when I was stationed overseas in the 1980’s. The NFL has been a huge part of my life going back to when I was a very small child. Sunday’s in front of the television were family events. I remember listening to blacked out Bills games while the television was turned down and a football game was on that.

With saying that, yes....the NFL has finally broke my will.

I am done. Not another penny. I can’t support an organization that props up a terrorist organization like BLM and demonizes the police.

I still remember in 2016 when the NFL wouldn’t allow the Cowboys to wear a small helmet decal to honor the 5 Dallas officers that were murdered.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

So a bunch of young black millionaires need their own song so they can demonstrate their oppression before getting in their Bentleys and driving home to their gated communities? Sure...that sounds right! That’ll go over well.

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 3

“Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing” will be performed live or played before “The Star-Spangled Banner” prior to each NFL game during Week 1 and the league is considering putting names of victims of police brutality on helmet decals or jersey patches, a person familiar with the discussions told The Associated Press.

The person said the league is working collaboratively with players to recognize victims of systemic racism throughout the season in a variety of ways. The person spoke to the AP on Thursday on condition of anonymity because discussions between the league and the NFL Players Association are ongoing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Additional plans include the use of educational programs and storytelling about the victims and their families similar to the league’s PSA on Botham Jean released in January and the Super Bowl commercial on Corey Jones featuring his cousin, former NFL star Anquan Boldin. 

“Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing” is traditionally known as the Black anthem. It’ll be played first when the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs host the Houston Texans to kick off the NFL regular season on Sept. 10. 

It’s uncertain whether fans will be in attendance Week 1 or at all this season because of the coronavirus pandemic. The league is considering asking fans to sign a waiver and wear masks, according to a person familiar with those conversations.

I think the people who are terrified by this should settle down, poor things