NFL to play black National Anthem prior to Star Spangled banner

This is fine. Whatever.

But who asked for this?

Black Americans have every right to be mad about perceived injustices, just like every other American. But what does this nonsense solve? 

These national brands and their ridiculous token support should be routinely mocked. No one cares that McDonald’s changed the Hamburglar to look more like a white guy.

Its so dumb.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You guys have been funny.  I could care less if it is healing to some and wonder if the networks will play it as several don’t even show the National Anthem, you know the one all 350 million people should put their hand over their heart.  As I’ve said before, I don’t care if people kneel, and don’t care if they play beforehand.  If that helps those who want it, no problem with me.

what’s more important to me is just doing the right thing when no one is looking, meaning all of us respect each other.  I won’t ever kneel for the anthem and yes, my hand is always over my heart, but if you choose not to do so, god bless and you have every right to express you’re opinion.  I hate the very legitimate claims of unnecessary violence or just even prejudice by any group, and any peaceful, lawful demonstration is fine with me.  Just not a fan of looting and saying it’s a protest when innocent people are hurt physically or economically (by the way a lot of African AmericanS lawful sort owners who didn’t deserve these losses)

Just treat everyone fairly, and be nice.  As I said weeks ago, treat everyone like it’s Christmas.  Did you ever notice how most are just a little nicer during this time of year?  That’s all, just be nice to each other.  Give people a chance and not prejudge people.  This does not require an asto-physicist degree.  It’s just common sense.  I promise as I’ve always done to do my part.  Just be nice.  If people need to heal by listening to another song, no worries.  Play it every game, and television shows, play it if it helps.

Thank you for your post, well done.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh boy, this is going to go down well. 

That said, why do they even have to play the national anthem? (When two American teams play each other.)

I can kinda understand it during ice hockey and other sports where a team from Canada or another country comes to play.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Not for nothing but I live in Horseheads NY. Sorry that ruins your day

Mike, i know you live in Horseheads, we discussed this previously. tough getting, old? also, to kind of revisit that discussion a bit... it was the Native Americans that lined the roads of that town with, horseheads. hence it's name and thus my comment.

if you don't want politics how about we start with removing all the military propaganda/recruitment videos that airs during every commercial break.  

7 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Oh boy, this is going to go down well. 

That said, why do they even have to play the national anthem? (When two American teams play each other.)

I can kinda understand it during ice hockey and other sports where a team from Canada or another country comes to play.

I mean america forces their kids from kindergarden to stand up and pledge their allegiance to the flag every morning so not surprising. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

if you don't want politics how about we start with removing all the military propaganda/recruitment videos that airs during every commercial break.  

… or the surprise family reunions with Military families.

If they would really care about them, the reunions would be made in private and not in front of 80,000 fans.

It's embarrassing.

Edited by Bad Things
  • Like (+1) 4

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

By....by playing the Black National Anthem?

Huh. 

I'll never understand the things that upset some people.

It’s stupid.

Just like playing a white NA would be stupid.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

If Kanye or Biggie are involved I’m cool with it. 

I like the Biggie idea. If Kendrick or Danny Brown dropped a verse or 2, I’d definitely be onboard. Produced by Dre, of course. Otherwise, I’ve never heard of such an eff’ing, divisional, racist idea. I’d rather have them completely drop the National Anthem rather than play 2.