NFL to play black National Anthem prior to Star Spangled banner

I don't know if this has been covered in the 9 previous pages, because I don't really feel like reading through all 9 pages, but I wanted to ask an honest question. What if people kneel during this so called Black National Anthem? Say they are people doing so in support of local police or whatever their reason may be. Then what? Will that be seen as acceptable? Probably not. My thought is you would see how quickly the shoe ends up on the other foot. The MSM would be pumping it all over as a hate crime or something re-tarded as such. This whole thing is not only ridiculous, it's a recipe for disaster. It sure as hell isn't going to bring people together that were seen as apart before. If anything it will drive the wedge further. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

BLM in principal has some legitimate grievances but you called it out when identifying many of the groups key leaders as Marxist or if you prefer communists.  They are also racists.  Its no secret and its all out there for anyone with the curiosity to find out.  Their goal is to erase history, erase culture, and replace it with their view of the world and society.  They don't seek equality or justice.  They seek revenge.  They are not interested in negotiating and they are not interested in your views or expressions of support.  

While we definitely need a social and cultural coming together the leadership of this organization are not the people that are willing to make that happen.  And all the politicians that have jumped on board are not interested in solving any problems they are interested in campaigning on them.  Its a real mess and there is no real leadership from any point on the political spectrum for finding resolutions and solutions.  Very troubling.  

Not to diverge this discussion into religion but briefly I have a Pastor who doesn't just "talk the Talk" he in my opinion "walks the walk". He models in his life what he preaches by actually boots on the ground feeding the homeless, visiting the prisoners in prison, praying for our enemies and being the best person he can possibly be to be an example for others. If there were a politician who did the same thing, not just word service but actually mentored his flock to institute real life solutions to these issues at a grass roots person to person level I'd love to know who that candidate is. And support Him or Her. In my opinion it starts with mentoring youth in the communities that have no such role models to aspire to, to give them the tools networking and chances to succeed they need to then mentor others. And so it goes and magnifies out into significant change. It's got to be person to person NOT some philosophical person in a high tower bemoaning what is wrong without being willing Himself to do something to make a change possible.

10 minutes ago, H2o said:

I don't know if this has been covered in the 9 previous pages, because I don't really feel like reading through all 9 pages, but I wanted to ask an honest question. What if people kneel during this so called Black National Anthem? Say they are people doing so in support of local police or whatever their reason may be. Then what? Will that be seen as acceptable? Probably not. My thought is you would see how quickly the shoe ends up on the other foot. The MSM would be pumping it all over as a hate crime or something re-tarded as such. This whole thing is not only ridiculous, it's a recipe for disaster. It sure as hell isn't going to bring people together that were seen as apart before. If anything it will drive the wedge further. 

why would they kneel in support of local police? I must have forgot the decades long of injustice local police have endured 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Putin said:

As a Jew I’d like to add this since we left Egypt as slaves thousands of years ago until today for my people it’s  been nothing but smooth sailing 

As part Jew and part Egyptian, I must say... do you think the pyramids and Spynx are gonna upkeep themselves? A fine stucco coat should hold us over for the next hundred years, while you are up there don't cheap out on the nose either! 

Wait? Too soon?:cry:

15 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

did you just call NASCAR "racist" for not allowing the confederate flag to be displayed? 

LOL

Well they are discriminating...I thought we wanted to end discrimination?!:lol:

6 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

why would they kneel in support of local police? I must have forgot the decades long of injustice local police have endured 

Maybe because someone feels the need to take a stance for all of the good cops who are being demonized for the actions of a few? Obviously this already struck a nerve with you and it hasn't even happened yet. Like I originally said, whatever the reasons may be, you would quickly see the shoe end up on the other foot. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There is only one race

The human race

And division is why we will never get anywhere. That's a fact

Separating things into races and ethnicities is the absolute worst thing that can happen in this world

But I'm educated and I can see through all this division BS. I don't care if you're yellow brown black white or an orangutan

We are ALL part of the human race

The Powers that Be over the past 200+ years:  Black people count as three fifths of a person; enslaving black people is perfectly legal; okay slavery is not legal but black people can't live in white neighborhoods; separate but equal; black people can't vote; okay black people can vote but good luck getting to a polling place; black people can't marry white people; black children can't go to school with white children; okay black children can go to school with white children, but we're going to make it very hard to live in white school districts; what's with these black people, why do they live in these horrible neighborhoods; we need stricter policing; etc., etc., etc.

Black America:   Black Lives Matter; Give Us True Equality!

The Powers that Be:  Stop being so divisive!!

Edited by Robert James
grammar
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

Treat everyone like it's Christmas?

Are you sure about this? Christmas has become quite offensive to so many.

IB, I’m sure you’re just kidding, but people mostly have a tendency to just be a little nicer to each other as we get closer to Christmas.  Considering 93% of the US consider themselves Christians, I would say that is the majority even if not everyone.  I’m not turning this into a religious thing, just the point is be nice to each other.

If you feel it necessary to be petty, you knew what I was saying, so we’ll agree to disagree.  I will not reply again so say whatever you want.  

I wish we could stop playing the national anthem before games. It's not an international competition. At this point all the anthem does is divide us. It's time to stop playing it at games altogether, outside of the Olympics. Maybe they could put on some of that NFL Films music from the 60's before each game, or other forms of popular music to get everybody pumped up. We go to sporting events to share a common interest, our love of the game and our team. It should be as simple as that.

1 hour ago, Penfield45 said:

did you just call NASCAR "racist" for not allowing the confederate flag to be displayed? 

LOL

Yup, make ya wonder right, One would get the idea that a certain poster here does not know what racism is... and at the same time is an avid practitioner of it. 

Edited by Don Otreply

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

IB, I’m sure you’re just kidding, but people mostly have a tendency to just be a little nicer to each other as we get closer to Christmas.  Considering 93% of the US consider themselves Christians, I would say that is the majority even if not everyone.  I’m not turning this into a religious thing, just the point is be nice to each other.

If you feel it necessary to be petty, you knew what I was saying, so we’ll agree to disagree.  I will not reply again so say whatever you want.  

I wholeheartedly agree with your premise. I do.

But Christmas isn't what it once was......and for a variety of reasons. That's a reality. Not petty as you might see it.

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

It's not 93%. It's quite a bit lower and continuing to decline.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

It’s about the enduring spirit of American freedom. The flag is a SYMBOL of that freedom. It’s not about war. 

Oh, say, can you see? By the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming;
Whose broad stripes and bright stars, through the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming.
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air.
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there:
Oh, say, does that star-spangled banner yet wave?
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In fully glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh, long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Lyrics continue below

FEATURED VIDEO

Last.fm's Top Pop Tracks

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a country should leave us no more?
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution!
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave.

Oh, thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n-rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust":
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave. 

yes, it was written during wartime, a war being fought on newly found American soil. Invaded and defended again, with the blood and spirit of freedom and liberty. People should be taught to embrace this, the way we used to be taught, so that when the flag waves and the words are sung by 75,000 people, that spirit fills us all. That same spirit which allows for a place in the world where people can disagree, and not be persecuted for it.

But pandering to the Twitter Mob is easier because people will be appeased, but never satisfied. 

Of course when this song was written, with all the teary eyed omage to the free and brave, this did not include black people, who were not free, nor were they even considered human beings under our nation’s laws.  They should do away with playing it before games all together.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

The Powers that Be over the past 200+ years:  Black people count as three fifths of a person; enslaving black people is perfectly legal; okay slavery is not legal but black people can't live in white neighborhoods; separate but equal; black people can't vote; okay black people can vote but good luck getting to a polling place; black people can't marry white people; black children can't go to school with white children; okay black children can go to school with white children, but we're going to make it very hard to live in white school districts; what's with these black people, why do they live in these horrible neighborhoods; we need stricter policing; etc., etc., etc.

Black America:   Black Lives Matter; Give Us True Equality!

The Powers that Be:  Stop being so divisive!!

Are you calling me the powers that be?  

I think you're confusing average white people with the people that actually run this world 

there are tons of white people in poverty with no wealth and no status who are struggling

The average white person does not hate black people, does not put them down, and does not keep them from moving forward

The average white person is fighting the same powers that be. We aren't making the laws 

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It takes chutzpah to spell chutzpah as hutzpah.

For some reason my phone spells it with the h instead of a c h and autocorrects it

But I'm pretty sure both are correct

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Are you calling me the powers that be?  

I think you're confusing average white people with the people that actually run this world 

there are tons of white people in poverty with no wealth and no status who are struggling

The average white person does not hate black people, does not put them down, and does not keep them from moving forward

The average white person is fighting the same powers that be. We aren't making the laws 

For some reason my phone spells it with the h instead of a c h and autocorrects it

But I'm pretty sure both are correct

I didn't want to personalize it, so I chose to make my point from a broader perspective.  I think the broader perspective is important because, whether or not we advocated for it, it reflects the country we live in.  I also think we should take that reality into account when evaluating the NFL's efforts to acknowledge the profound problems with the way black Americans have been treated in our democracy.  Seen from that perspective, I don't think playing the Black National Anthem once is much of a burden.

• Like (+1) 4