NFL to play black National Anthem prior to Star Spangled banner

1 hour ago, JMF2006 said:

I see a way bigger problem in America and Canada.....Blacks killing Blacks with handguns....gang and drug violence.

I posted before I read your post a few newspaper columnists that I read Larry Elder and Thomas Sowell spell it all out real well.

Do you also have a problem with whites killing whites, because it's almost as frequent an occurrence.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Social media - one of the worst things to happen to this country. I get we live in a computer age and global economy but twitter, facebook and all other forms of social media I could do with out. I miss the days of the 80's. People didn't stare into the cell phones all day and not everything turned political.

Agree 100%

13 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

Yeah, if you don't like politics in your sports then you don't want the National Anthem in them , right?

the National Anthem is for ALL Americans.  

18 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Do you also have a problem with whites killing whites, because it's almost as frequent an occurrence.

oh, please provide stats on that?  

And yeah, he likely has a problem with anyone killing anyone.  The current narrative, however, is that police are the biggest problem for black communities, led by Marxist BLM movement.  Nothing is further from the truth.  The biggest problems for black communities is LBJ's War on Poverty, and the 94 Crime Bill,  that led to houses without fathers, gangs, and lack of school choice, leading to kids being told in school that if they study they are "acting white."  Try succeeding in that environment.  

This is also confusing.  Because the so-called Anthem was played before Lincoln's birthday.  I thought Lincoln was not woke enough now, given that his statutes are torn down.  

"Lift Every Voice and Sing" was publicly performed first as a poem as part of a celebration of Abraham Lincoln's birthday by Johnson's brother John.

Also the references to God in the song,   what!  Someone will be triggered.  The NFL will soon have to apologize to its atheist fans.  

2 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

What is the point if it's not inclusiveness?

That other countries/races have national anthems? I'm not agreeing with the black national anthem, but that comment was dumb. Yes, asians and spanish people have their own national anthem. I'm first generation american, so obviously my parents have a national anthem from where they were born.

1 minute ago, BillsFan2313 said:

That other countries/races have national anthems? I'm not agreeing with the black national anthem, but that comment was dumb. Yes, asians and spanish people have their own national anthem. I'm first generation american, so obviously my parents have a national anthem from where they were born.

I think the comment was more in the line of were all Americans and have one national anthem. If we start parsing out anthems by color or ethnicity, then you can't just stop at the black national anthem. 

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

I think the comment was more in the line of were all Americans and have one national anthem. If we start parsing out anthems by color or ethnicity, then you can't just stop at the black national anthem. 

That's true

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

Social media - one of the worst things to happen to this country. I get we live in a computer age and global economy but twitter, facebook and all other forms of social media I could do with out. I miss the days of the 80's. People didn't stare into the cell phones all day and not everything turned political.

Agreed.

I've not made the best decisions with my life a lot of times but one of the few things I pat myself on the back for is never joining Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc...   I have no desire to get sucked up into that cesspool which is now worse then ever 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

the National Anthem is for ALL Americans.  

oh, please provide stats on that?  

And yeah, he likely has a problem with anyone killing anyone.  The current narrative, however, is that police are the biggest problem for black communities, led by Marxist BLM movement.  Nothing is further from the truth.  The biggest problems for black communities is LBJ's War on Poverty, and the 94 Crime Bill,  that led to houses without fathers, gangs, and lack of school choice, leading to kids being told in school that if they study they are "acting white."  Try succeeding in that environment.  

BLM in principal has some legitimate grievances but you called it out when identifying many of the groups key leaders as Marxist or if you prefer communists.  They are also racists.  Its no secret and its all out there for anyone with the curiosity to find out.  Their goal is to erase history, erase culture, and replace it with their view of the world and society.  They don't seek equality or justice.  They seek revenge.  They are not interested in negotiating and they are not interested in your views or expressions of support.  

While we definitely need a social and cultural coming together the leadership of this organization are not the people that are willing to make that happen.  And all the politicians that have jumped on board are not interested in solving any problems they are interested in campaigning on them.  Its a real mess and there is no real leadership from any point on the political spectrum for finding resolutions and solutions.  Very troubling.  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It takes chutzpah to spell chutzpah as hutzpah.

Dude, this forum can't spell English words, and you want Yiddish?  C'mon man :devil:

As far as a "black" National Anthem goes, (I'm gonna stop here).

Edited by Freddie's Dead

14 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

You guys have been funny.  I could care less if it is healing to some and wonder if the networks will play it as several don’t even show the National Anthem, you know the one all 350 million people should put their hand over their heart.  As I’ve said before, I don’t care if people kneel, and don’t care if they play beforehand.  If that helps those who want it, no problem with me.

what’s more important to me is just doing the right thing when no one is looking, meaning all of us respect each other.  I won’t ever kneel for the anthem and yes, my hand is always over my heart, but if you choose not to do so, god bless and you have every right to express you’re opinion.  I hate the very legitimate claims of unnecessary violence or just even prejudice by any group, and any peaceful, lawful demonstration is fine with me.  Just not a fan of looting and saying it’s a protest when innocent people are hurt physically or economically (by the way a lot of African AmericanS lawful sort owners who didn’t deserve these losses)

Just treat everyone fairly, and be nice.  As I said weeks ago, treat everyone like it’s Christmas.  Did you ever notice how most are just a little nicer during this time of year?  That’s all, just be nice to each other.  Give people a chance and not prejudge people.  This does not require an asto-physicist degree.  It’s just common sense.  I promise as I’ve always done to do my part.  Just be nice.  If people need to heal by listening to another song, no worries.  Play it every game, and television shows, play it if it helps.

Treat everyone like it's Christmas?

Are you sure about this? Christmas has become quite offensive to so many.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

Greg, I agree but you do realize these boards are a form of social media?

9 hours ago, Poleshifter said:

The NFL, like NASCAR, is so weak-minded to fall for this racist crap.  BLM is nothing but a money laundering operation which pops up every 4 years.

did you just call NASCAR "racist" for not allowing the confederate flag to be displayed? 

LOL

Edited by Penfield45
  • Like (+1) 1