NFL to play black National Anthem prior to Star Spangled banner

where was the outrage when the NFL was raising awareness of cancer ??

well, now they are on to an equally important issue.....unless of course you are unaffected by police brutality and racism, then you are less likely to see it.

Edited by papazoid
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

seriously?   It's a continuous discussion, I remember as a kid a push for American the Beautiful.  That was the 70's , Tom Harkin made a effort in congress years ago.

LOL....yeah, seriously because I was around then and never has ANY serious discussion taken place about changing the anthem. 

Edited by Beast

5 hours ago, Putin said:

Then why the hell are my parents made me suffer for almost 2 weeks every year by eating this cardboard bread for Passover ?

Actually as a kid Passover was  the only ( Jewish) holiday that I really liked  !!!

GO BILLS !!!

Dude, Purim was a riot.

As far as food goes, Rosh Hashanah was a solid meal, and Momma Bandit made latkes for Chanukah every year, so that always hits close to home.

I had it good with a Jewish side and an Italian side. I got both testaments of the Bible and amazing food. What else is there?

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

if you don't want politics how about we start with removing all the military propaganda/recruitment videos that airs during every commercial break.  

I mean america forces their kids from kindergarden to stand up and pledge their allegiance to the flag every morning so not surprising. 

9 hours ago, klos63 said:

I'm gonna guess those with confederate flags will comically have an issue with this.

9 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

thats basically half the people who post on this forum lol 

9 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

national anthems shouldn't even be played before sporting events unless they are international teams playing each other. its the dumbest thing ever and a massive waste of time. 

5 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

America really isn't that special, relax 

is this twitter ?  these are hot and fresh 

• Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Dude, Purim was a riot.

As far as food goes, Rosh Hashanah was a solid meal, and Momma Bandit made latkes for Chanukah every year, so that always hits close to home.

I had it good with a Jewish side and an Italian side. I got both testaments of the Bible and amazing food. What else is there?

Yom Kippur is the one day that I really not looking forward too , all I try to do is sleep as long as possible 

Edited by Putin

The irony of people walking around quoting Martin Luther King and then demanding they be recognized in seperate fashion for the color of their skin should not be lost.

The NFL can pander to a black supremecy movement all they want but it does nothing but pacify angry voices.  If they really cared theyd be investing money in trying to fix the real issue which is poverty, fatherless homes and black on black crime.  All much bigger issues in the african american communities than police violence.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

well, now they are on to an equally important issue.....unless of course you are unaffected by police brutality and racism, then you are less likely to see it.

I see a way bigger problem in America and Canada.....Blacks killing Blacks with handguns....gang and drug violence.

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The irony of people walking around quoting Martin Luther King and then demanding they be recognized in seperate fashion for the color of their skin should not be lost.

The NFL can pander to a black supremecy movement all they want but it does nothing but pacify angry voices.  If they really cared theyd be investing money in trying to fix the real issue which is poverty, fatherless homes and black on black crime.  All much bigger issues in the african american communities than police violence.  

I posted before I read your post a few newspaper columnists that I read Larry Elder and Thomas Sowell spell it all out real well.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Robert James said:

That might have been appropriate if whites had been enslaved for centuries, and then disenfranchised, lynched, subjected to Jim Crow, subjected to segregation, ghettoized, and discriminated against systematically for the next 150+ years.  It could also be argued that the National Anthem in a sense is kind of a white anthem, since it was written to celebrate a country ruled by whites at a time when slavery was completely legal.      

and that argument would be completely idiotic.

14 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I see a way bigger problem in America and Canada.....Blacks killing Blacks with handguns....gang and drug violence.

I posted before I read your post a few newspaper columnists that I read Larry Elder and Thomas Sowell spell it all out real well.

Its pandering.  Nike supports the movement to sell $200 dollar sneakers and the NFL knew if they didnt support BLM this time theyd lose viewership.

Meanwhile 67% of African American children are growing up in single family homes.  Where is the outrage for that?  

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

i must have missed where they played the cancer national anthem before the first week of a season. when was that again?

:lol:

IMHO this issue is a relative drop in the bucket.....is Goodell pandering? yes...as are other corporate entities en masse. The way things are heading, there will be no pro sports in 2020 (or 2021?) due to COVID, so all this national anthem stuff could very well be a non-issue. But there are a host of more important issues >>>>>

To me, this country is on the verge of implosion: COVID, a laughable and leaderless Presidency, rioting/protests, cities abolishing police forces, police forces resigning in droves, massive unemployment, a recession with impending stagflation, a U.S. dollar plunging in value, an insane deficit, a cancel culture which knows no end, etc.

I respect the intent of this topic, and I will miss watching the Bills if the NFL cancels this season (hopefully not), but the anthem issue is a non-starter for me in light of bigger issues.

Edited by BuffaninSarasota

3 hours ago, H2o said:

This stuff is just getting ridiculous now. Completely ridiculous. Sports are working really hard to bury themselves. 

Social media - one of the worst things to happen to this country. I get we live in a computer age and global economy but twitter, facebook and all other forms of social media I could do with out. I miss the days of the 80's. People didn't stare into the cell phones all day and not everything turned political.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

12 hours ago, Foxx said:

wha?? there is a Black national anthem?? is there a Asian national anthem? what about a Spanish national anthem? or maybe.. a white national anthem?

we are so ***** as a species...

and there is a reason for that.

you have the two wings of the bird stoking the fires... hoping that a wind will come along and turn it into a full blown raging wild fire. 

Yeah, depending on where their family originated. Sure, there is a Asian and Spanish national anthem. 

If they play the black national anthem and the same kneeling players do not kneel, it shows how racist they really are and their hatred towards whites, right. The protest is against the "national anthem", white or black or green or blue,  that precedes the sporting event, it's the timing of the kneel that gets the attention, so why would they not kneel for the "black national anthem". The hypocritical players can't have it both ways!