NFL to play black National Anthem prior to Star Spangled banner

I see alot of comments very upset and saying they're done with the NFL. Is this further dividing things? 

I personally don't have a big issue with it but I don't like politics in my sports.

Thoughts?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/-nfl-to-play-black-national-anthem-before-the-star-spangled-banner-at-week-1-games-211305337.html

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I see alot of comments very upset and saying they're done with the NFL. Is this further dividing things? 

I personally don't have a big issue with it but I don't like politics in my sports.

Thoughts?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/-nfl-to-play-black-national-anthem-before-the-star-spangled-banner-at-week-1-games-211305337.html

Yeah, if you don't like politics in your sports then you don't want the National Anthem in them , right?

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Yeah, this thread is going to do more harm than good. I'm fine with it. And to the poster above, the national anthem isn't about politics. People want to make it about that, but whatever.

Unfortunately, for a growing number of people today, everything is about politics. 

Edited by Artful Dodger
  • Like (+1) 6

1 hour ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Does every race in America have a national anthem? I’m curious b/c this is the first time I’ve heard of a black one. 

I thought it was one NATIONAL anthem. I’d rather just work on fixing the nation. I’m not clicking. 

(Running away to hide from this now.) 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Yeah, this thread is going to do more harm than good. I'm fine with it. And to the poster above, the national anthem isn't about politics. People want to make it about that, but whatever.

It's a "National Anthem" LOL

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I thought it was a NATIONAL anthem. I’d rather just work on fixing the nation. I’m not clicking. 

(Running away to hide from this now.) 

Yeah, I'm done with this Baiting thread!!!

wha?? there is a Black national anthem?? is there a Asian national anthem? what about a Spanish national anthem? or maybe.. a white national anthem?

we are so ***** as a species...

20 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Unfortunately, for a growing number of people, today everything is about politics. 

and there is a reason for that.

you have the two wings of the bird stoking the fires... hoping that a wind will come along and turn it into a full blown raging wild fire. 

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I want in before this thread gets sent to hell aka PPP. .  I give it no more than 2 pages

When you're wearing your horseheads do people even know if you're black or white?  You should get your own anthem like the theme from The Lone Ranger or Run for the Roses by Dan Engleberg.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Thoughts?

politics these days are just people yelling at each other.  from what i can gather no one believes or means what they say.

• Like (+1) 1

You guys have been funny.  I could care less if it is healing to some and wonder if the networks will play it as several don’t even show the National Anthem, you know the one all 350 million people should put their hand over their heart.  As I’ve said before, I don’t care if people kneel, and don’t care if they play beforehand.  If that helps those who want it, no problem with me.

what’s more important to me is just doing the right thing when no one is looking, meaning all of us respect each other.  I won’t ever kneel for the anthem and yes, my hand is always over my heart, but if you choose not to do so, god bless and you have every right to express you’re opinion.  I hate the very legitimate claims of unnecessary violence or just even prejudice by any group, and any peaceful, lawful demonstration is fine with me.  Just not a fan of looting and saying it’s a protest when innocent people are hurt physically or economically (by the way a lot of African AmericanS lawful sort owners who didn’t deserve these losses)

Just treat everyone fairly, and be nice.  As I said weeks ago, treat everyone like it’s Christmas.  Did you ever notice how most are just a little nicer during this time of year?  That’s all, just be nice to each other.  Give people a chance and not prejudge people.  This does not require an asto-physicist degree.  It’s just common sense.  I promise as I’ve always done to do my part.  Just be nice.  If people need to heal by listening to another song, no worries.  Play it every game, and television shows, play it if it helps.

• Like (+1) 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

When you're wearing your horseheads do people even know if you're black or white?  You should get your own anthem like the theme from The Lone Ranger or Run for the Roses by Dan Engleberg.

not for nothing, but i'm pretty sure you would be a Native American.