NFL may have fans sign a waiver to attend games

19 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Jimmy pay the $85 and get the expedited line so you can leave you’re shoes and belt on, and leave you’re laptop in you’re briefcase.  Changed my life when I did it as I travel almost every week for work. 

Unless you live in New York because they refuse to share some DMV info with the TSA, so the TSA has blocked New Yorkers from applying and renewing any of the Trusted Traveler Programs. 

2 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

They could get out in front of it, pump in crowd noise like they are doing in Europe, make some sort of interactive fan platform (be creative), and overall stop being a joke. But it’s the NFL so they’ll surely bungle it.

Hey fans! Send us $29.95 and a headshot, and we’ll print it out and a cardboard figure to be placed in the stands all season, so you’ll be “at the game” without needing to be at the game!!! But wait, there’s more! For just an additional $15.95, get a second figure! Call now, operators are standing by!

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Each of the countries listed all were on major lockdown until the past week. Also the people wanting haircuts are not the ones getting Covid, it is the people who going into packed bars or other situations where many people are in small areas. It is amazing how often people spout off here with information without any idea what it means. Lastly NZ had "ended" Covid in their country and then once they released everyone from lock down it came back. It is as if the lockdown was not to flatten the curve but to score political points when we came out of lockdown. 

the hospitalization numbers surely show that we have been overwhelmed

the heads of the 4 major Houston hospital chains said exactly that

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Each of the countries listed all were on major lockdown until the past week. Also the people wanting haircuts are not the ones getting Covid, it is the people who going into packed bars or other situations where many people are in small areas. It is amazing how often people spout off here with information without any idea what it means. Lastly NZ had "ended" Covid in their country and then once they released everyone from lock down it came back. It is as if the lockdown was not to flatten the curve but to score political points when we came out of lockdown. 

So 3 months instead of the 2 months I originally said? Ok, if that's what it wouldve taken to get back to normal, we should all still be willing to do it.

New Zealand re-opened a couple weeks ago. Below is their chart of new cases through yesterday. Where is the "come back"?

PxvznFy.jpg

• Awesome! (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The lockdown was to prevent hospitals from becoming overwhelmed.   

Nationally - We did that - Now it’s become something entirely different.  

People on both sides are making this political, and it’s hurting all of us... but it also is political, since the majority of this country is beholden to the media and can’t think for themselves.  

Now if you don’t mind, I’m going to go check out the CNN Coronavirus death tracker and let them tell me how I should feel and how Trump is to blame.  

Then, to counter act that,  I’ll flip over to Fox News to see them debate the merits of mask-wearing and ask aloud if they are needed and/or being used to hurt POTUS. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

So 3 months instead of the 2 months I originally said? Ok, if that's what it wouldve taken to get back to normal, we should all still be willing to do it.

New Zealand re-opened a couple weeks ago. Below is their chart of new cases through yesterday. Where is the "come back"?

PxvznFy.jpg

The point with the European countries is that we are comparing completely different situations, they are where FL was on May 7th as far as reopening, we will compare their numbers in a few months. 

As for NZ I had seen a similar headline to this and did not look into details.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/28/new-zealands-covid-19-isolation-facilities-under-extreme-stress-review-finds

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The point with the European countries is that we are comparing completely different situations, they are where FL was on May 7th as far as reopening, we will compare their numbers in a few months. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/28/new-zealands-covid-19-isolation-facilities-under-extreme-stress-review-finds

This. 

What do people think will happen when NY re-opens to the level Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Texas etc have?   

Should NY just slow roll the re-opening until we have a vaccine?  

Thank goodness I moved to the South a few years ago because I’m afraid I know their answer to that.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Getting rid of Atkinson was stupid. I hope the Knicks pick him up and he develops their younger players. I fully agree that KD and Kyrie pairing is going to end in frustration for everyone. I think they make deep runs in the playoffs but stall out due to Kyrie's shaky health and KD taking time to recover from that massive injury.

Agree as a Nets fan on Atkinson.  NY Post today said that Steven A was blabbering that the Knicks might wait 1 year for Doc Rivers.

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

So the 20% of the population you trust are all Politicians and Doctors?  Otherwise your point makes no sense.

General population ....jeez, twist spin, manipulate...

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's a lot of fancy talk, and I'm an idiot, but I believe that says the waivers would be meaningless. Yes?

I'm sure the NFL knows that too.

And there are different rules in different states so this is just useless speculation.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Well, you definitely didnt look into the details, or even click your own link.

That article is about the isolation facilities for people coming back into New Zealand being overwhelmed. Meaning, so many New Zealand citizens are coming back from vacation, they are running out of places to put them in order to maintain the quarantine period. That's it.

And it goes on to say this is a worry because "Country records biggest coronavirus case jump in two months after.... (pause for dramatic affect)... four returning travellers diagnosed"

FOUR! As in one, two, three, FOUR! FOUR new cases from outsiders and they are thinking about locking down again.

The US had 52,609 new cases YESTERDAY.

What this should show you is countries that took this seriously from the start, with citizens that acted properly, have been able to get this under control. We arent even CLOSE.

(Disclaimer: Now, I'll give you that the population and demographics of NZ are nothing like the US. They are a small island with sparse population. The entire country was already social distanced. But dont try to turn the way they successfully addressed the situation into something political. They followed the scientific recommendations, and the entire populace banded together to follow the rules and get their lives back.)

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That's a lot of fancy talk, and I'm an idiot, but I believe that says the waivers would be meaningless. Yes?

I'm sure the NFL knows that too.

To go back to the original article in the first post of the thread, it just says the "NFL is considering". Which means nothing. It means it was brought up once in a brainstorming session and that's as far as it went because the league knows better.

Waivers aint gonna happen.

Folks need to get on board with doing what it takes to squelch our outbreak. There is no political or legal way around the virus. Only science.

You are correct sir. It can get complicated by many other factors but essentially, the waivers may very well be unenforceable. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That article is about the isolation facilities for people coming back into New Zealand being overwhelmed. Meaning, so many New Zealand citizens are coming back from vacation, they are running out of places to put them in order to maintain the quarantine period. That's it.

And it goes on to say this is a worry because "Country records biggest coronavirus case jump in two months after.... (pause for dramatic affect)... four returning travellers diagnosed"

FOUR! As in one, two, three, FOUR! FOUR new cases from outsiders and they are thinking about locking down again.

What this should show you is countries that took this seriously from the start, with citizens that acted properly, have been able to get this under control. We arent even CLOSE.

(Disclaimer: Now, I'll give you that the population and demographics of NZ are nothing like the US. They are a small island with sparse population. The entire country was already social distanced. But dont try to turn the way they successfully addressed the situation into something political. They followed the scientific recommendations, and the entire populace banded together to follow the rules and get their lives back.)

I actually admitted previously I  had NOT read enough about NZ and I thought they were in worse shape due to the headline till I read the article fully, that was my mistake. I will state I am familiar with Florida because it is where I and several of my elderly relatives live so I keep myself on top of the numbers.

15 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

people were talking it seriously until a few weeks ago and then 5 million people stopped social distancing 

Flash, like the reference and it was stupid not even B movie, but C movie, but still liked it when I was a kid.  I think the actor was in one of the Ted movies (Sam something).  Besides, it had to be the only Queen movie song I can remember.  They may have been quirky, but they were good.

It would be practically shocking if they didn’t take this most basic step under the circumstances. That said, if a fan could actually prove causation + negligence (poss. gross needed, and that’s a very high burden to prove) on the part of the venue, the waiver may not be worth anything (individual state laws will differ on this point) as far as protecting the league/venue per occurrence, imho. Instructive here would be looking at MLB’s experiences with foul ball injuries in the stands/protective netting/injury waivers printed on tix.