NFL may have fans sign a waiver to attend games

11 minutes ago, Westside Madness said:

Yes, like my parents not dying. I will not apologize for my motive.

I am glad that the waivers (at least currently) wont matter for NY as neither you or any other fan should have the right to sign away liability for the risk you would pose to my family after you go tailgate on Sunday, then show up hungover at Wegmans on Monday with your mask around your chin.

I wouldn't trust 80% of the population to babysit a garden gnome, let alone make intelligent, properly informed and non-selfish decisions. I hear the cries of 'but my freedom!' and all that translates to me is toddlers throwing temper tantrums.

I’m absolutely sorry about your parents.  I too know people who passed from COVID.. Unfortunately both had underlying issues.  

I also know a lot of people who have had it and barely even noticed and/or described it as a mild flu. 

The second part of your post is ridiculous.  Those same people “wearing a mask around their chin” are going to do their thing regardless of going to a sporting event or not.  You can’t force responsibility on people.  

Sorry you feel the need to judge/criticize 80% of the population but thats not everyone else’s problem. 

People like you can’t have a rational conversation on this topic and it’s sad to see.   I’m certainly not a “rah rah ‘Murica” kinda guy and my post you quoted certainly showed that, but you saw only what you wanted to see and reacted as such. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

So, NY can't have fans.  Other states can have fans.  Wrecks any home field advantage for Bills.  Thanks Cuomo!  Another spit in the eye for Upstate. 

24 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What I’m completely done with is this takeover of our lives and so many willingly cheerleading it due to political affiliation and ulterior motives.  

How about so many willingly fighting it due to political affiliation and ulterior motives?

It is not so one sided with you batting for angels.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m absolutely sorry about your parents.  I too know people who passed from COVID.. Unfortunately both had underlying issues.  

I also know a lot of people who have had it and barely even noticed and/or described it as a mild flu. 

The second part of your post is ridiculous.  Those same people “wearing a mask around their chin” are going to do their thing regardless of going to a sporting event or not.  You can’t force responsibility on people.  

Sorry you feel the need to judge/criticize 80% of the population but thats not everyone else’s problem. 

This is why we cannot have nice things! 

New Yorkers who are envious of Floridians, Texans, etc. 

Yeah, the good old days.

What about your freedom to drink and drive? 

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

How about so many willingly fighting it due to political affiliation and ulterior motives?

It is not so one sided with you batting for angels.

Pretty sure I referenced that when I said those fighting masks/distancing etc are also hurting us.  

19 minutes ago, Irv said:

So, NY can't have fans.  Other states can have fans.  Wrecks any home field advantage for Bills.  Thanks Cuomo!  Another spit in the eye for Upstate. 

not sure if serious or a poor attempt at sarcasm?

I’m guessing it says something like this. We the NFL are not responsible if you contract Covid 19 during your visit to any of our NFL facilities. If COVID-19 causes lung cancer after 8 years we are also not responsible. If you can’t jog for more than 1 min we are also not responsible. Also if you get ill from a year old hot dog we are also not responsible. If you have trouble breathing air and drinking water please discontinue use of the NFL.

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ain’t gonna be no waivers.  Ain’t gonna be no fans. Likely ain’t gonna be no football. 

If the NBA and MLB can figure it out, the NFL is moving forward.  

Who knows where we’re at in terms of vaccines or remedies in a month or so.   Can only hope for the best, but I won’t start to worry unless the NBA/MLB are dumpster fires in their attempts to play a season. 

Just now, SCBills said:

Who knows where we’re at in terms of vaccines or remedies in a month or so.   Can only hope for the best, but I won’t start to worry unless the NBA/MLB are dumpster fires in their attempts to play a season. 

Completely different sports with completely different structures. But we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Completely different sports with completely different structures. But we'll see.

NBA seems to be the worst for this environment, imo.  

Every game is *48 minutes of constant body contact, sweat, heavy breathing etc., in extremely tight spaces on the court - all inside. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Every game is 60 minutes of constant body contact, sweat, heavy breathing etc., in extremely tight spaces on the court - all inside. 

Big fan I see, NBA games are 48 minutes. 4 quarters at 12 minutes per.

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Did the nba and mlb play a season yet?  What did they “figure out”?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Big fan I see, NBA games are 48 minutes. 4 quarters at 12 minutes per.

facepalm moment for sure... i actually am, but as a Knicks fan, I’ve clearly lost my mind. 

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Did the nba and mlb play a season yet?  What did they “figure out”?  

Hence the qualifying word ... “if”

• Like (+1) 1

Cool I’ll sign a waiver, but the person I pass it to the next day didn’t sign anything.

People can yell at the sky all they want, adjust to the reality we are living in. I hope the NFL stops the charade and announce a league wide fanless season and maybe have a chance for us to at least watch some football.

They could get out in front of it, pump in crowd noise like they are doing in Europe, make some sort of interactive fan platform (be creative), and overall stop being a joke. But it’s the NFL so they’ll surely bungle it.

Edited by Rockpile233
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Every game is 60 minutes of constant body contact, sweat, heavy breathing etc., in extremely tight spaces on the court - all inside. 

Worse than Football, where players tackle each other, sweat and bleed all over each other? Nah.

Plus, Football requires far more ancillary staff than Basketball with so many coaches and trainers. Most of which are old, or obese, or both.

NBA can send the players into their "bubble" and pull off a quick March Madness-type tourney and call that a season. Football, not so much.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

facepalm moment for sure... i actually am, but as a Knicks fan, I’ve clearly lost my mind. 

lol, ok thats a pass. I don't know why the Nets are bothering to go to Orlando. Dinwiddie and Jordan are already covid'ed and Chandler said screw it.

• Like (+1) 1