Powerball winner Jack Whittaker has died

Just Jack

42 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Measures like that have been introduced in the NYS Assembly from time to time only to be shot down by the Governor among others.  

In NYS it is illegal to set up an anonymous trust to collect lotto winnings, but it is legal to set up an anonymous LLC.

26 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

In NYS it is illegal to set up an anonymous trust to collect lotto winnings, but it is legal to set up an anonymous LLC.

Was not the LLC a temporary measure where you have to reveal all after a year from when the claim is made?

On 7/2/2020 at 10:06 AM, BritBill said:

I'd have more than settled for $17m he was already worth. How much is enough? 

In most cases no amount is enough because the difference is things just get more expensive. It's also why people don't just work until they have a certain amount of money then stop working.

Lottery winners end up alot of the times in the same situation as rookie athletes because many have never seen the amount of money they were just given and they get it quickly. If you never had this kind of money and now are given it, you get a feeling that it will last forever and alot of people come out of nowhere willing to help you out to spend (or invest) your money with them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/2/2020 at 6:32 AM, RochesterRob said:

Measures like that have been introduced in the NYS Assembly from time to time only to be shot down by the Governor among others.  

There was a big lotto winner in Greenwich, CT years ago.....a group of hedge fund guys.  I always suspected the real winner cut a deal with those guys to let them manage the money (for a nice fee) if they stood in front of the cameras.   That type of thing would seem to be the smart play.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

There was a big lotto winner in Greenwich, CT years ago.....a group of hedge fund guys.  I always suspected the real winner cut a deal with those guys to let them manage the money (for a nice fee) if they stood in front of the cameras.   That type of thing would seem to be the smart play.

I would take a big hit just to stay out of the media light.  

• Like (+1) 1