No fans? NYS has apparently released guidelines

2 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I would be MORE then happy just to have a season (PERIOD) even if we all have to watch the games in the comfort and safety of our own homes .... 

GO BILLS !!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, it's not official, not lowercase and certainly not uppercase. "At the time of this writing". 

Correct.  It specifically says the situation could change.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

"at this Time " Hap..."at this time"   they have baseball starting two months before the NFL

Fair enough

Personally I think masks work, and a stadium full of masked fans could be OK.  But the whole mask thing has become so politicized and fraught, while we have people in Trader Joes or Menards having a toddler-like tantrum because they were asked to wear a mask, clearly a stadium full of fans is a non-starter

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

wanna bet game tickets this deaths for those 3 states combined will never go over 35K..with about 3 times the population of NYS

I get it, Cuomo gives good press...but little things like people dying actually matter...and BTW, i despise Trump, love science and data...and what about your friend Newsom? First to lock down, one of last to open up...hmm, why do you conveniently leave him out

Cuomo apologists are rapidly becoming the Pats fans of Americans...unbearable, at least Pats fans had wins under their belt

What would Cuomo need apologists for?  The COVID crisis landed (literally) in NYC and after an initial disaster was faced, it was controlled and remains so.  What are you blabbering about "science lover"?  That shutting down the state and using rolling re-openings based on cases/hospitalization/ICU/mortality data did NOT control the NYS pandemic?

These kinds of takes are mystifying.   Luckily for them, true leadership protects people like this as well....

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Correct.  It specifically says the situation could change.

Fair enough

Personally I think masks work, and a stadium full of masked fans could be OK.  But the whole mask thing has become so politicized and fraught, while we have people in Trader Joes or Menards having a toddler-like tantrum because they were asked to wear a mask, clearly a stadium full of fans is a non-starter

We may have different political views and opinions , but I agree with you on this 100% !!

I don’t understand the problem with putting a mask on when you are around other people, if you don’t care enough to protect yourself fine but at least CONSIDER other people who may have parents or children who ( if infected) may not recover from this virus.... 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Imagine the Super Bowl with no fans in attendance.

More challenging would be to imagine a Super Bowl without the semi-indifferent corporate crowd. 

I’ve only attended one SB, but actual fans are the minority, it seems. We had the worst seats in the house....that’s where most of the “fans” sat as I recall. Bummer....but mostly because we lost, of course. 

36 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

wanna bet game tickets this deaths for those 3 states combined will never go over 35K..with about 3 times the population of NYS

NYC is also massively more densely populated than any city in those states and had the misfortune of dealing with the virus when it was not only at its strongest, but also extremely early on. Everyone else has had time to learn from them, but Cuomo had to pave the way. I don't like the man's politics, but he handled this about as well as anyone could - also considering he had to fight the feds every step of the way while they politicized a pandemic.

3 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Well you can be whatever you want. One of the reasons why NYS continues to be one of the only states to reopen properly and safely is because they are doing it with an abundance of caution and not being idiots like places like Texas, California, Florida and Arizona where cases have exploded.

If this is part of that abundance of caution than so be it. You'll survive watching on TV for a year.

It'll be interesting to find out if they will do anything about "tailgates" on private property. As long as you don't try to enter the stadium property, what can they really do. It's just Joe Home Owner and some of his friends having a football watching party on his own lawn. 

33 minutes ago, Putin said:

I don’t understand the problem with putting a mask on when you are around other people, if you don’t care enough to protect yourself fine but at least CONSIDER other people who may have parents or children who may not recover from this virus.... 

I would prefer not to wear a mask, but I do because my wife wants me to, and every business and facility I go into requires it. So what really irks me is when I see someone in a business without a mask on, where the doors/entrances have plenty of sign about masks being required, and the store staff doesn't kick them out. If it's No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service, why not add No Mask to that list? 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

why do you keep pushing btis erroneous narrative. What part of " at this time " does not register with you?

letrs see..NYS state 32K deaths.

Florida, Texas, Arizona..combined 7500

Where are you getting your numbers? I did a quick search and I'm seeing a combined number almost twice that 7,500. 

Edited by Just Jack

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Let's look at those numbers next week. NYS, and NYC in particular, dealt with a grave situation a few months back, as it is an international hub.

. WE GOT IT UNDER CONTROL. Tell that to you orange psychotic, friend.

I live in New York. Ask someone from Ca. Stop wondering, already.........

Cuomo put covid + patients in nursing homes with the most vulnerable population, resulting in huge spikes of death. That's not leadership that's stupid. Then he blamed it on Trump like a true coward. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I would prefer not to wear a mask, but I do because my wife wants me to, and every business and facility I go into requires it. So what really irks me is when I see someone in a business without a mask on, where the doors/entrances have plenty of sign about masks being required, and the store staff doesn't kick them out. If it's No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service, why not add No Mask to that list? 

Where are you getting your numbers? I did a quick search and I'm seeing a combined number almost twice that 7,500. 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the price of playing this season is no fans, I'll make that deal. Right now the odds are against the NFL playing at all. (Thanks Florida, Texas, Arizona...)

you left out California, Pa, and Oregon and Michigan, also having spikes. 

now we are in the same boat as Jacksonville

Edited by RyanC883