No fans? NYS has apparently released guidelines

1 hour ago, Gordio said:

Please, the players have much more of a chance enduring head trauma developing later on in life.  Your a hypocrite.  If your so concerned about the players safety, you should be on board with ending football for good, studies have shown it is a very violent and sometimes deadly sport.

Let me know when brain damage starts being contagious and, thus, able to be transmitted to family, friends, and others in the community.

There’s a big difference between knowingly engaging in a violent sport for millions of dollars and being shoved out onto the field during a deadly and highly contagious viral pandemic with no vaccine.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Deaths lag 2-4 weeks behind infection numbers:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/03/26/update-see-floridas-curve-when-it-comes-to-coronavirus-cases/

It was the worst. Now, it is not.

We are in deep with this crisis, as we were told that the U.S. would have '5-15 cases, and then, the virus will go away'.

It's that leadership thang.....

Let me know when you present some cogent facts around positive test increases, hospitalizations and deaths in the spiking states and i will engage.

Until then, continue on your political rant , and let your political ideology get in the way of rational discussions. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You live in a 'fact free' bubble. The graph in the link is self explanatory.

What is it that you don't see about the spike/trend?

You have the political ideology problem.....

Context

36 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Show me how Florida is spiraling out of control. And please use numbers that matter, not just case counts

As to the bolded..follow your " good press conference equals good results mantra..i will take results.

Cuomo is a politician, he was born to lie

https://fee.org/articles/new-york-admits-to-intentionally-undercounting-nursing-home-deaths-after-changing-reporting-rules-report-says/

This thread- not your post- is so full of people who are proud of their ignorance and only want the facts that help them feel better about the bad choices they have made. The purpose of lockdown was not to overwhelm the hospitals, which is why the number of cases is much less important than hospitalizations and deaths. NYers need to come to terms with the fact that Cuomo is why thousands are dead, his poor decision did that. DeSantis is helping FL get moving again, while NY seems to be waiting for the vaccine.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You live in a 'fact free' bubble. The graph in the link is self explanatory.

What is it that you don't see about the spike/trend?

You have the political ideology problem.....

lmao why don't you tell us what lenz's political ideology is?

33 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Deaths lag 2-4 weeks behind infection numbers:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/03/26/update-see-floridas-curve-when-it-comes-to-coronavirus-cases/

It was the worst. Now, it is not.

We are in deep with this crisis, as we were told that the U.S. would have '5-15 cases, and then, the virus will go away'.

It's that leadership thang.....

The death rate is most tied to age and health issues, not infection rate. I could cause 10000 healthy 25 year olds to get Covid and the deaths would still be single digits. If I got 100 sickly 85 year olds sick with it I would likely have double digits. Those like you who keep predicting the death spike are unable to see what numbers really matter 

3 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Why don't you? You seem to know.

'Getting the state moving again' Indeed. "The purpose of lockdown was not to overwhelm the hospitals" Yes. That is correct.

Get back to us in a week, or two, and let us know how that is working out.

We have been open for 8 weeks- we are fine in all of FL with the only concern being the areas highly populated by snowbirds from NY who only do smart things when required by law.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Show me how Florida is spiraling out of control. And please use numbers that matter, not just case counts

Case counts DO matter. We dont even know all the issues that can be caused by living through the virus, but we've already seen cases of Viral Menengitis, long term lung issues like fibrosis, and a decrease in lung functioning can lead to issues in other organs like the kidneys, heart, brain, and liver.

If "death" is your only measure, then we are doing this wrong.

It's never good to contract a virus even if you live through it.

With that said, we seem to be the only developed country that still doesnt have a grip on this thing. So many other countries have managed to get their case counts down, even with increased testing.

Compare these charts to see how effed we are and why, thanks to folks who refuse to follow some rules, we are now an infected nation whose least worry is whether we have football or not. We dont deserve it.

Look at these trends compared to ours... Even ITALY got their act together after being hit so hard.

WIt6cpY.jpg

a9uat0i.jpg

VWcvCab.jpg

GI5u5sI.jpg

454a0t2.jpg

Our disaster:

DdFrsTk.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2