No fans? NYS has apparently released guidelines

16 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Hmm, a doctor just said on the Today Show J&J could produce 100 million doses of the vaccine by the end of the year if it gets approved in the fall & 1 billion doses by the end of 2021 so I don't think the vaccine prospects are as bleak as you portray them. 

Lol, you think you've seen mask protests? Wait till you see the vaccine protests.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Lol, you think you've seen mask protests? Wait till you see the vaccine protests.

See, we found something to agree on! And that @YoloinOhio needs to go tot he emergency room!

BTW, i have volunteered to be in a test group for the vaccine..and while not in the high, high risk group..58 with a scooch of high blood pressure puts me in a bit of an elevated risk. Anything i can do to help this country get through this, i am willing to do. 

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

See, we found something to agree on! And that @YoloinOhio needs to go tot he emergency room!

BTW, i have volunteered to be in a test group for the vaccine..and while not in the high, high risk group..58 with a scooch of high blood pressure puts me in a bit of an elevated risk. Anything i can do to help this country get through this, i am willing to do. 

Same

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the price of playing this season is no fans, I'll make that deal. Right now the odds are against the NFL playing at all. (Thanks Florida, Texas, Arizona...)

You forgot to thank your fearless leader.

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I'm 61 and have the same BP issue. 

Right now I have an NC beach condo payment to make. I'm on the fence after reading the news out of Myrtle Beach. (Not where I'm going but not far away.)

Just now, iinii said:

You forgot to thank your fearless leader.

I risk suspension of I do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm 61 and have the same BP issue. 

Right now I have an NC beach condo payment to make. I'm on the fence after reading the news out of Myrtle Beach. (Not where I'm going but not far away.)

I risk suspension of I do.

Sorry, forgot the gatekeepers were biased. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I thought those were daily case numbers, not deaths. It wasn't clear. America had 52,000 new cases in Wednesday alone. Florida had 9,000 of those. We are trending for 100K/day within 2 weeks.

Science didn't understand this virus as well in April as they do now, though they are still learning more. I just read a story about how autopsies of Covid casualties have led to better treatments now because they have a better understanding of what the virus does to the body.

You apparently want to blame Cuomo for that. All I know is New York is reducing cases while the "gotta open" states are exploding right now. And people still protest wearing masks. Go figure.

Never said any such thing..what i said is a guy who has been in charge of a state with by far the most deaths in this terrible mess should not be taking victory laps. He made mistakes, he should admit them as he so bolded screamed from the mountaintops yesterday. Mistakes have been made , and will continue to get made..but to lecture others when your mistakes cost thousands of lives is beyond the pale to me.

And as I said, Cuomo fans ( which i was until about a month ago)have become worse than Pats fans..almost glee in their voices now that other parts of the country are experiencing spikes in cases...like they would rather people get sick...i just don't understand it

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, H2o said:

How is this going to work with the pre-snap huddle, social distancing? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, without fans, how is this going to work for play calling? Is every player going to be given a receiver in their helmet so they all directly receive the initial play call from the OC? 

Actually I think that was discussed, I'll see if i can find the article, but i think it was PFT

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, nucci said:

Hopefully this one won't cause autism

This can't be allowed to pass!

National Center for Biotechnology Information

CONCLUSIONS

Twenty epidemiologic studies have shown that neither thimerosal nor MMR vaccine causes autism. These studies have been performed in several countries by many different investigators who have employed a multitude of epidemiologic and statistical methods. The large size of the studied populations has afforded a level of statistical power sufficient to detect even rare associations. These studies, in concert with the biological implausibility that vaccines overwhelm a child’s immune system, have effectively dismissed the notion that vaccines cause autism. Further studies on the cause or causes of autism should focus on more-promising leads.

40 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Hmm, a doctor just said on the Today Show J&J could produce 100 million doses of the vaccine by the end of the year if it gets approved in the fall & 1 billion doses by the end of 2021 so I don't think the vaccine prospects are as bleak as you portray them. 

Assuming they are able to make one, which is no guarantee.

The whole thing just sucks

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Never said any such thing..what i said is a guy who has been in charge of a state with by far the most deaths in this terrible mess should not be taking victory laps. He made mistakes, he should admit them as he so bolded screamed from the mountaintops yesterday. Mistakes have been made , and will continue to get made..but to lecture others when your mistakes cost thousands of lives is beyond the pale to me.

And as I said, Cuomo fans have become worse than Pats fans..almost glee in their voices now that other parts of the country are experiencing spikes in cases...like they would rather people get sick...i just don't understand it

For my work, I have gotten to spend a good deal of time with the Director and the Chief Administrator for a New York Nursing Home. In our down time, we would discuss the Nursing Home's handling of the coronavirus. They described Cuomo's leadership, and specifically his instructions to nursing homes, as "criminal." He said that the only thing that saved them was that the local hospital refused to discharge COVID patients, so the Nursing Home did not have to accept them.  It was really interesting to hear. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

CONCLUSIONS

Twenty epidemiologic studies have shown that neither thimerosal nor MMR vaccine causes autism. These studies have been performed in several countries by many different investigators who have employed a multitude of epidemiologic and statistical methods. The large size of the studied populations has afforded a level of statistical power sufficient to detect even rare associations. These studies, in concert with the biological implausibility that vaccines overwhelm a child’s immune system, have effectively dismissed the notion that vaccines cause autism. Further studies on the cause or causes of autism should focus on more-promising leads.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is 5G doesn't cause Covid.

https://www.cnet.com/news/fake-5g-coronavirus-theories-have-real-world-consequences/

44 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

CONCLUSIONS

my post was sarcasm

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

The situation was desperate, as patients were being sent all over the state.

As I have stated before, I voted against Cuomo, every time that he ran for office. He took the reins, and assumed the mantle, in this case.

NYC regained CONTROL of a grave situation as FLORIDA now spirals out of control, thanks to YOUR Governor.

You'll be whining about it soon enough.....

You follow your programming to a 'T'.

Doublespeak, and deception is the M.O. for certain 'leaders'.

Show me how Florida is spiraling out of control. And please use numbers that matter, not just case counts

As to the bolded..follow your " good press conference equals good results mantra..i will take results.

Cuomo is a politician, he was born to lie

https://fee.org/articles/new-york-admits-to-intentionally-undercounting-nursing-home-deaths-after-changing-reporting-rules-report-says/

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 3

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

Oh. You mean like our 'leadership' at the National level????????

Fee.org? Yeah, that's a great source for facts......:thumbdown:

Okay, don't engage in discussion and defend your position, or advance the discussion only say " what about" . 

Do you deny what was stated in the article? And Why?

Why is Florida spiraling out of control?Please use important numbers and not just positive tests. 

I will take a serious answer to any of those

• Like (+1) 1