No fans? NYS has apparently released guidelines

12 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the price of playing this season is no fans, I'll make that deal. Right now the odds are against the NFL playing at all. (Thanks Florida, Texas, Arizona...)

You could thank the protests Promo.  I find it comical that these liberal government states such as Calif shut down beaches, restaurants & gyms but openly encouraged protests, violent at times.  Whatever this country has become a joke.  

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

Actual N.Y. state is the root cause of the nations COVID -19 problems 

Don't tell King Cuomo that, he was pumping his chest out pretty good yesterday saying NYS did everything right.

Cuomo was literally one of the only guys to step up and lead during this outbreak.  Every decision isn’t going to be the right one but focusing on the wrong decisions in hindsight totally misses the point.  He is a leader and he did everything he could for his state at a time when the national response was (and still is) a joke.  New York is now in better shape than most of the country because of Cuomo’s leadership.  That’s just a fact.

11 hours ago, Logic said:

As much as I want there to be a 2020 NFL season...if it means endangering athletes and coaches by pushing them out onto the field in the midst of a deadly pandemic in the name of the almighty dollar, I'd rather they just cancelled the season. 

It's bad enough that the NFL pretends to care about the health and safety of its players while constantly engaging in actions that put them in greater danger (Thursday night games, adding a 17th game to the season), but to now potentially stage a season in the midst of massive nationwide spikes in COVID numbers (and don't forget, the second wave that may be yet to come, despite the fact that we haven't even exited the first wave yet)? I just don't see how they can do it safely.

I hope, hope, hope I'm wrong. But when it's all said and done, I don't need 1,600 athletes and 32 coaching staffs full of people to put their lives and their families' lives in danger for my entertainment. Life, health, and safety are more important than sports. 

Please, the players have much more of a chance enduring head trauma developing later on in life.  Your a hypocrite.  If your so concerned about the players safety, you should be on board with ending football for good, studies have shown it is a very violent and sometimes deadly sport.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gordio said:

You could thank the protests Promo.  I find it comical that these liberal government states such as Calif shut down beaches, restaurants & gyms but openly encouraged protests, violent at times.  Whatever this country has become a joke.  

Don't tell King Cuomo that, he was pumping his chest out pretty good yesterday saying NYS did everything right.

So if the Covid spikes are due to the protests, why are we not seeing huge increases everywhere? Just in places that decided to open up?

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's compare Florida cases to NY shall we?

Florida Coronavirus Map and Case Count https://nyti.ms/3bFwwRh

New York Coronavirus Map and Case Count https://nyti.ms/2WZxELx

Hmmmm, there's something different about those curves. I can't quite put my finger on it.

One has 10X the amount of deaths?  I will let you tell me which one

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

So if the Covid spikes are due to the protests, why are we not seeing huge increases everywhere? Just in places that decided to open up?

I have no idea, but why was it okay to protest, and that couldn't possibly cause the rise in infections where 1,000s among 1,000s of people gather not practicing social distancing but god forbid meeting a few friends at a bar spreads like wildfire.  Come on Promo, your better than this.

1 minute ago, Gordio said:

I have no idea, but why was it okay to protest, and that couldn't possibly cause the rise in infections where 1,000s among 1,000s of people gather not practicing social distancing but god forbid meeting a few friends at a bar spreads like wildfire.  Come on Promo, your better than this.

52,000 new cases in the USA Wednesday. A new record. California, Arizona, Texas and Florida also setting new daily records.

7 minutes ago, eball said:

Cuomo was literally one of the only guys to step up and lead during this outbreak.  Every decision isn’t going to be the right one but focusing on the wrong decisions in hindsight totally misses the point.  He is a leader and he did everything he could for his state at a time when the national response was (and still is) a joke.  New York is now in better shape than most of the country because of Cuomo’s leadership.  That’s just a fact.

You have been away from NYS too long Eball.  Sending sick Covid patients into nursing homes, forcing these nursing homes to take these patients to as early as March stating this virus was nothing to worry about & New Yorkers should go on with their lives.  This guy is pure evil.  I am done with this conversation before I get suspended again.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

why do you keep pushing btis erroneous narrative. What part of " at this time " does not register with you?

letrs see..NYS state 32K deaths.

Florida, Texas, Arizona..combined 7500

Asking for a friend which number is almost 5 X bigger...

Go Bills

32K deaths vs 7500...combined

Always funny why California is never mentioned when posts like this are made...wonder why?

Do you know what a port of entry is, or what that means in this context? 

Oh never mind,  you are obviously willing to be on the wrong side of history, have a nice life, and remember “ignorance is bliss”. 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

PTR, I live in FL and you’re right.  I get so annoyed with especially young people down here that are not respecting the social distancing protocols.  I’m actually glad our Governor instituted masks mandatory in any building (except my gym as the space is so vast they don’t require it, only employees which doesn’t make sense to me), and irritated by some people just ignoring things that keep you protected.

I know it’s a letdown not having fans in the stadiums, but it’s a way to stop this thing from spreading even worse.  If they do open, people can do what they want, but I won’t be there if the tickets were given to me.  I value my health too much.  The sad thing is J&J and other companies are in phase 3 trials, but that will take another 8-10 weeks, then 6 weeks for submission to the FDA, then because it’s a PMA (new product filing) it will even with a rapid review take 6-9 months.  Bottom line is even if they hit a solid vaccine, they won’t have it commercially available until 2021 Spring, and then any company would need to produce upwards of 350,000,000 doses which no matter how big the company will take a long time.  Sadly, we’ll be lucky to have fans in the 2021 season.  That’s depressing, and there will be some who do not inoculate for various reasons.

5 minutes ago, eball said:

think two things can be true. Trump has failed miserably, Cuomo leadership is self congratulatory press conferences..taking a victory lap with 32K dead is unseemly to me. And i wish he would follow his own adb=vice yesterday..the buck stops on his desk, and admit he made mistakes as he was proselytizing yesterday.

If the buck stops on his desk, the nursing home fiasco , and intentional mis count of nursing home fatalities, is on him, not the CDC. If the great results in the number of dropping cases is following the CDC guidelines, that's on the feds, not him. 

He is being a typical politician, no matter what party. Take credit for what worked like your a genius, deflect and blame me someone else for your mistakes..sounds like someone in DC 

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Gotta love American politics. New York city was the situs of the worst coronavirus outbreak in the WORLD, and somehow the Governor that oversaw that train-wreck is praised for his "leadership." 

11 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

A certain someone crowing about canceling flights from China while letting the EU dump into NYC airports..... that was the root cause?

Buffalo Boy is 100% correct and JoshAllenHasBigHands not so much. 

11 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Gotta love American politics. New York city was the situs of the worst coronavirus outbreak in the WORLD, and somehow the Governor that oversaw that train-wreck is praised for his "leadership." 

You are beyond clueless

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, sirebors said:

Buffalo Boy is 100% correct and JoshAllenHasBigHands not so much. 

You are beyond clueless

That was some deep analysis. I would have never understood why you thought I was wrong if you hadn't told me as much. I am especially compelled by your detailed, evidence-based analysis. 

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's compare Florida cases to NY shall we?

Florida Coronavirus Map and Case Count https://nyti.ms/3bFwwRh

New York Coronavirus Map and Case Count https://nyti.ms/2WZxELx

Hmmmm, there's something different about those curves. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Look at the important statistics.  ICU cases and deaths

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Wednesday: Florida with 45 deaths. New York State with 13. 

and your point? Do you want me to quote a day from April? NYS 2K, Florida..7..and you never addressed your comment about 7500 dead in one day.

Look, the whole country shut down when the poop hit the fan in Northeast, and there was barely a blip of this stuff in the majority of the country. And NYS had the curve that we tried to avoid, it was not flattened, it was an inverted U shape. We can do neither again. 

But as mentioned upthread..don't use March and April numbers to make decisions on July and August policy. Its just dumb...and to assume a 5x rise is cases is going to result in a 5x rise in deaths is just proven to blatantly false right now. Please get deep into all the numbers, noy just positive case counts.

And please fo the love of god Cuomo stop taking victory laps with 32K dead in your state..it is unseemly. 

13 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

PTR, I live in FL and you’re right.  I get so annoyed with especially young people down here that are not respecting the social distancing protocols.  I’m actually glad our Governor instituted masks mandatory in any building (except my gym as the space is so vast they don’t require it, only employees which doesn’t make sense to me), and irritated by some people just ignoring things that keep you protected.

I know it’s a letdown not having fans in the stadiums, but it’s a way to stop this thing from spreading even worse.  If they do open, people can do what they want, but I won’t be there if the tickets were given to me.  I value my health too much.  The sad thing is J&J and other companies are in phase 3 trials, but that will take another 8-10 weeks, then 6 weeks for submission to the FDA, then because it’s a PMA (new product filing) it will even with a rapid review take 6-9 months.  Bottom line is even if they hit a solid vaccine, they won’t have it commercially available until 2021 Spring, and then any company would need to produce upwards of 350,000,000 doses which no matter how big the company will take a long time.  Sadly, we’ll be lucky to have fans in the 2021 season.  That’s depressing, and there will be some who do not inoculate for various reasons.

Hmm, a doctor just said on the Today Show J&J could produce 100 million doses of the vaccine by the end of the year if it gets approved in the fall & 1 billion doses by the end of 2021 so I don't think the vaccine prospects are as bleak as you portray them.