No fans? NYS has apparently released guidelines

3 hours ago, Chaos said:

Actual N.Y. state is the root cause of the nations COVID -19 problems 

Oh really? Then why are NYS cases declining and all the places that pushed to open up their economies skyrocketing?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, he got it under a manageable level of control, unlike, say Florida, Texas, Arizona, etc etc... I could go on but that might hurt your brain , what rock are you living under?? Asking for a friend...oh and nuthin but luv, 

Go Bills!!!

Some folks are conveniently incapable of extrapolating into the future because it doesn't serve their current argument. They can still hold on to the fact that Florida deaths haven't exploded "yet". The silence will be deafening in about 2 to 3 weeks.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

It feels pretty damn religious to the fans, that's for sure. 

Bills fans actually have more experience with pitchforks and torches and not much in faith.

Maybe a flaming pitchfork will be our religious symbol.

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

No.  That would be China.

What a foreign country does we cant control. What we can do is take personal responsibility and get our own house in order. I know conservatives like to blame other people for their problems, but that's the cold hard reality.

• Like (+1) 2

Facts. All the numbers that have been presented from various states are numbers, not facts. Each political organization can present numbers favorable to their agenda. In fact, I read that NY undercounted Covid deaths by not including those that had another possible cause such as cancer. A death may look like a covid death, but if the test is negative because the swab did not go deep enough for a good sample,  it will be reported as not. We have some helpful info, but do not know the full picture. These numbers must be kept in perspective. The number of covid deaths will likely be much higher than reported now.

NY showed that a horrific situation could be controlled, and the NFL might play. 

FL, TX and AZ showed you can let things get out of control, and may cost everyone the nfl  season and more.

3 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

why do you keep pushing btis erroneous narrative. What part of " at this time " does not register with you?

Ummm...because I know how to read between lines. Dont feel like explaining it but I'd be willing to place a very large wager that what I said will hold true

2 hours ago, Just Jack said:

California 6,164

Florida 3,554

Arizona 1,720

Total combined = 11,438 

originally from the post i reacted to

Yup, he got it under a manageable level of control, unlike, say Florida, Texas, Arizona,

See, there is a reason why people cite these 3  and not  California,  which shut down first and was amongst the last states to "open"  and which is also experiencing a huge spike in positives...and why my numbers were Florida, Texas, Arizona

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's just one day.

Promo ,that statement is not even close ....and this is the type of mis-information that does exactly no one , any good. I mean your perception 7500 people died in those 3 states when less than 200 did... take that across an entire country and think of why this whole situation is politicized and we are unable to have truthful discussions and policy made on numbers.

from the recognized "source"..deaths yesterday

NY=14

AZ=88

FL=49

TX=45

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

All of them suck, be great if no one died of Covid, or Cancer, Or Drug Overdose...

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I would prefer not to wear a mask, but I do because my wife wants me to, and every business and facility I go into requires it. So what really irks me is when I see someone in a business without a mask on, where the doors/entrances have plenty of sign about masks being required, and the store staff doesn't kick them out.

Two security guards have been shot to death trying to enforce the mask rule ( Not in WNY) and several business that opened had to close down because employees were being threatened, cursed at, etc.

There was a state that had a mandatory mask rule and I saw that Governors press conference when he rescinded it. Apparently some teenage girl at an ice cream stand or something was assaulted and one of the security guards that was shot was in his state as well. He said people should wear the mask but he wasn't going to put people in harms way over it.

I am not defending it just saying that is why.

9 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

wanna bet game tickets this deaths for those 3 states combined will never go over 35K..with about 3 times the population of NYS

I get it, Cuomo gives good press...but little things like people dying actually matter...and BTW, i despise Trump, love science and data...and what about your friend Newsom? First to lock down, one of last to open up...hmm, why do you conveniently leave him out

Cuomo apologists are rapidly becoming the Pats fans of Americans...unbearable, at least Pats fans had wins under their belt

Of course they will have significantly less deaths - because they have the benefit of everything learned in Europe and NY for treatment, for handling of these patients, the advanced knowledge to have already expanded their ICU’s and months of the hospitals putting in plans and purchasing equipment to expand ICU space.  They also have more testing to help identify and catch the outbreaks and are coming from a place of already having worked to flatten the curve - so they are not fully open.

The fact that NY had none of those advantages - treatment was limited to how they handle other respiratory illness - without the knowledge of the cytokines storm and various drugs and testing to better treat and identify those patients.  NYS had to deal with this virus when without information the death rate was sitting at about 5 - 10%.  Through the efforts of hospital workers in NYS and Italy and open communication on what was working and what was not - they have gotten the death rate to drop to well under 1%.

The fact is because we had no federal leadership to address testing, PPE, hospital care, contact tracing, testing supplies, etc. - things that routinely are provided by every other president and the CDC during these types of outbreaks - everyone was starting from scratch.  NYS has a governor that listened to the medical professionals and implemented changes based strictly on the data.  His leadership helped bring it under control and he helped other states around NY to do the same.  It was not perfect and even he admits that if they had known then what they know now - outcomes would have been significantly different.  There was an expectation that the federal team/CDC had a better understanding of this illness and that they had supplies to help get through the initial wave, but none of that happened.  

The fact that in many states the numbers are rising is not a red/blue issue - it is individual people not understanding the spread and impact of the disease.  It is a lack of leadership of government officials to understand the data and see trends, but it also takes individuals to be smart and right now we are not.  I hear all the time from business owners and religious groups - it is our right to get together - and then you see a packed church or a packed bar and you realize maybe it is your right, but if you can not be responsible- then maybe someone else has to.

My guess is that without a viable vaccine - this will continue to increase in every state - including NY as things open and people travel.  Testing alone will not stop the spread because it is to late.  People need to look at their behaviors to stop it.  For sports in general - that means keeping fans away until this is under control and we have prevention not just treatments.  How long? That will be determined, but right now it seems we need more rules to prevent stupid behavior because you can’t trust that individuals do what is right.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

originally from the post i reacted to

See, there is a reason why people cite these 3  and not  California,  which shut down first and was amongst the last states to "open"  and which is also experiencing a huge spike in positives...and why my numbers were Florida, Texas, Arizona

I apologize. Somehow when I was reading your post, then looking up the numbers, I saw Cali and not Texas.  So with switching it back I got 7815 combined now. 

Either way, NY was getting hit back when they weren’t sure how to treat it, so that could be a factor for a higher death count also. 

• Like (+1) 1

How is this going to work with the pre-snap huddle, social distancing? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, without fans, how is this going to work for play calling? Is every player going to be given a receiver in their helmet so they all directly receive the initial play call from the OC? 

11 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

New York State brought a difficult situation under control. LEADERSHIP was the difference.

In other places, -not so much.....

The same leadership that whined that he needed 30000 ventilators when he didn't and the same leadership that sent infected people back into long term care facilities leading to the death of thousands of people. The same leadership that requested hundreds of extra temporary hospital beds and didn't use them.  The same leadership that cried when foreign travel was shut off.  With that kind of leadership, I remember why I moved away from NY.   And by the way, good luck with your state taxes for the next few years to help pay for your great leadership in the state.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Of course they will have significantly less deaths - because they have the benefit of everything learned in Europe and NY for treatment, for handling of these patients, the advanced knowledge to have already expanded their ICU’s and months of the hospitals putting in plans and purchasing equipment to expand ICU space.  They also have more testing to help identify and catch the outbreaks and are coming from a place of already having worked to flatten the curve - so they are not fully open.

The fact that NY had none of those advantages - treatment was limited to how they handle other respiratory illness - without the knowledge of the cytokines storm and various drugs and testing to better treat and identify those patients.  NYS had to deal with this virus when without information the death rate was sitting at about 5 - 10%.  Through the efforts of hospital workers in NYS and Italy and open communication on what was working and what was not - they have gotten the death rate to drop to well under 1%.

The fact is because we had no federal leadership to address testing, PPE, hospital care, contact tracing, testing supplies, etc. - things that routinely are provided by every other president and the CDC during these types of outbreaks - everyone was starting from scratch.  NYS has a governor that listened to the medical professionals and implemented changes based strictly on the data.  His leadership helped bring it under control and he helped other states around NY to do the same.  It was not perfect and even he admits that if they had known then what they know now - outcomes would have been significantly different.  There was an expectation that the federal team/CDC had a better understanding of this illness and that they had supplies to help get through the initial wave, but none of that happened.  

The fact that in many states the numbers are rising is not a red/blue issue - it is individual people not understanding the spread and impact of the disease.  It is a lack of leadership of government officials to understand the data and see trends, but it also takes individuals to be smart and right now we are not.  I hear all the time from business owners and religious groups - it is our right to get together - and then you see a packed church or a packed bar and you realize maybe it is your right, but if you can not be responsible- then maybe someone else has to.

My guess is that without a viable vaccine - this will continue to increase in every state - including NY as things open and people travel.  Testing alone will not stop the spread because it is to late.  People need to look at their behaviors to stop it.  For sports in general - that means keeping fans away until this is under control and we have prevention not just treatments.  How long? That will be determined, but right now it seems we need more rules to prevent stupid behavior because you can’t trust that individuals do what is right.  

Great post, and i agree with much that you say here , especially the bolded and the last paragraph. 

Regarding your last paragraph..i think if you take what you say up post regarding better understanding of the virus and how it attacks , better treatments, better testing, protecting our most vulnerable,   ..for all of those reasons  and many more i think a return to sports and fans attending is inevitable, and well before a vaccine. 

BTW, i have been wearing a mask since late March indoors.

I would encourage everyone to add Alex Berenson and The Ethical Skeptic to your twitter feeds. 

19 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

The same leadership that whined that he needed 30000 ventilators when he didn't and the same leadership that sent infected people back into long term care facilities leading to the death of thousands of people. The same leadership that requested hundreds of extra temporary hospital beds and didn't use them.  The same leadership that cried when foreign travel was shut off.  With that kind of leadership, I remember why I moved away from NY.   And by the way, good luck with your state taxes for the next few years to help pay for your great leadership in the state.

Let's compare Florida cases to NY shall we?

Florida Coronavirus Map and Case Count https://nyti.ms/3bFwwRh

New York Coronavirus Map and Case Count https://nyti.ms/2WZxELx

Hmmmm, there's something different about those curves. I can't quite put my finger on it.

Edited by PromoTheRobot