No fans? NYS has apparently released guidelines

12 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Why would that be any safer than being inside the stadium? You wanna have a shot out of the Pinto Kenny bowling ball after 100 other people? 

Bills tailgates aren't exactly a social-distanced event.

• Like (+1) 4

Gather outside? 

Have you been to a bills game? At any given time there are 400 million people in every bathroom. And 405 million people in line for beer. 

With half of each screaming “hey-a-hey-a.” 

Now mind you, I live in Hoboken, so more sensitive to it, and I appreciate the fact that WNY is basically the Midwest and should not be held to the same restrictions as NYC. But the argument that’s it’s “gathering outside” is ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Yep, it's now OFFICIAL. No fans at New Era this year. Which means the NFL must ban fans at ALL stadiums. Would be unfair if teams in certain states could have their fans attend home games.

I got from the statement that it's now official ... at this time.

Things could change. If you had to bet, though, you wouldn't probably bet against this continuing moving forward.

20 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Yep, it's now OFFICIAL. No fans at New Era this year. Which means the NFL must ban fans at ALL stadiums. Would be unfair if teams in certain states could have their fans attend home games.

No, it's not official, not lowercase and certainly not uppercase. "At the time of this writing". 

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, it's not official, not lowercase and certainly not uppercase. "At the time of this writing". 

Preseason starts next month. Not sure what magic potion you think will clear things up by then where allowing a stadium of people to sit, stand and jump around yelling and screaming around each other for hours would be responsible decision making. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If the price of playing this season is no fans, I'll make that deal. Right now the odds are against the NFL playing at all. (Thanks Florida, Texas, Arizona...)

Actual N.Y. state is the root cause of the nations COVID -19 problems 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Preseason starts next month. Not sure what magic potion you think will clear things up by then where allowing a stadium of people to sit, stand and jump around yelling and screaming around each other for hours would be responsible decision making. 

I would expect that they will have the potential to change this week by week, or even month by month. I hope the Bills are forced to refund me for the preseason games, and i can start going in either september or october.

1 minute ago, BUFFALOBART said:

New York State brought a difficult situation under control. LEADERSHIP was the difference.

In other places, -not so much.....

Gotta love American politics. New York city was the situs of the worst coronavirus outbreak in the WORLD, and somehow the Governor that oversaw that train-wreck is praised for his "leadership." 

• Like (+1) 18
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Actual N.Y. state is the root cause of the nations COVID -19 problems 

A certain someone crowing about canceling flights from China while letting the EU dump into NYC airports..... that was the root cause?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2