Would you fly right now?

Would you fly right now?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fly right now?

• Yes
    • No

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

The air purification system in airplanes is top notch. They clean/sanitize everything to the extreme. Safer than going into a McDonalds. Sure. 

Challenge for BBF:

Choose one:

1.  Fly NYC to Chicago, or

2.  Go get me a Snausage McMuffin, or

3.  Plant a big wet kiss on your visitor, 'Gabby Greta'.

?

? "Any way you look at it, you lose..."?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

In the interest of providing accurate information, aircraft are completely sanitized between flights since this pandemic.

American, United and Delta are fogging the cabins between flights.

The air filtration system is the same used in hospital operating rooms, and the air is completely refreshed every three minutes. In other words, cabin air is completely exhausted and replaced every three minutes.

People can decide for themselves, but those are the facts.

Agree. That’s kinda why I said it. 

28 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Challenge for BBF:

Choose one:

1.  Fly NYC to Chicago, or

2.  Go get me a Snausage McMuffin, or

3.  Plant a big wet kiss on your visitor, 'Gabby Greta'.

?

? "Any way you look at it, you lose...?

#1 allll day long. 

Last year we went to Niagara Falls and stayed in Williamsville. We flew and rented a car at the airport. We are going back this month and I'm taking my car. I don't even know if Maid of the Mist is running, and sadly; I'm not sure how I fell about going on it.

Does anyone know what they are doing? Are they running at all? Spacing?

6 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

According to WGRZ, the Maid boats started late June.  Allowing 50% capacity on the trips.

EDIT:  Sorry, Gordon.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Last year we went to Niagara Falls and stayed in Williamsville. We flew and rented a car at the airport. We are going back this month and I'm taking my car. I don't even know if Maid of the Mist is running, and sadly; I'm not sure how I fell about going on it.

I went on the Maid of the Mist this past Sunday. It was so much fun! They are running one ship at a time so the wait time might be a little longer. We didn't have to wait that long. There were a good amount of people. The boat seems to be at 50 percent capacity but it's still pretty packed. Most people did not wear masks. Pretty much all people around Niagara Falls did not wear masks. And Honestly I could care less about people not wearing masks, as I barely wore mine. If I was really worried then I would of stayed home. 

• Like (+1) 1

I flew in June from RIC-IAD-BUF and back the same way. They were all small jets with a single seat & double seat rows. I selected a single seat row for all flights. Flights were at ~50% capacity. 
Actually, I felt safer flying than walking into a Lowe’s/Home Depot. >90% of people were wearing masks in the terminals & on the flight.

After that positive experience, I will be flying the same route again next week, first week in Aug, and home opener weekend. My parents & sisters live in/near Buffalo so can visit them even if game is closed to fans.

I am interested to see if the airlines and airports maintain the same observance of masks & distancing In upcoming flights.

Edited by Mr Info

Wouldn't have a problem with the flight - as pointed out, the filtration systems are very good on board.

My 'issues' are with the getting to, and from the flight, which will undoubtedly require far more questionable interractions with people.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/v22episodes/2026453/p2...

Honestly,  if I'd didn't have kids and an wife, if someone told me there is a 40%  survival rate for going to another planet, I would hop on that ship.....possibly a 20% rate. This world is a mess right now.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Honestly,  if I'd didn't have kids and an wife, if someone told me there is a 40%  survival rate for going to another planet, I would hop on that ship.....possibly a 20% rate. This world is a mess right now.

this board member doesn’t disagree with you.

On 7/2/2020 at 6:18 AM, sherpa said:

In the interest of providing accurate information, aircraft are completely sanitized between flights since this pandemic.

American, United and Delta are fogging the cabins between flights.

The air filtration system is the same used in hospital operating rooms, and the air is completely refreshed every three minutes. In other words, cabin air is completely exhausted and replaced every three minutes.

People can decide for themselves, but those are the facts.

It wouldn't be the plane that I'd be worried about ... The passengers on the other hand ...

• Like (+1) 1