NFL preseason will be cut in half (update: NFL now proposes just one game)

just wondering if season  as no fans as per nfl  are we saying that as well,  will super bowl  be played  with no fans as well inc playoffs.

been watching australia rugby online via fox and now as crowds at games  not many but a few thousand.

i live in uk  and sport here as no fans,  and games are silent and dead no atmosphere.

bills mafia a big miss when games start.

15 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Flu season usually peaks between December and February, our hospitals in Roch aren't ever near max capacity even during January of 2017 which was one of the worst we've seen in a long time.   Your take is a classic doom and gloom. 

The game will be played as long as testing is adequate and protocols followed properly by the players. 

Obviously putting fans in the stands are unlikely until a strong treatment or vaccine is proven, so nobody has a clue on that yet, but to say a team can't accurately rapid test and quarantine well enough in 4 months to put 50 healthy players on the field safely every Sunday is overly pessimistic.

I guess we will find out in a couple months

3 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

As the schedule sits Ravens and Lions road games are dropped.  

leaving 2 home games vs Atlanta and Indy. 

They are reportedly going to rearrange everyone’s schedule so it is one home and one away game. So I guess opponents are TBD as to who we play those weeks. I assume it will still be 2 of the 4.  

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/3/2020 at 3:50 PM, BornAgainBillsFan said:

I'm not sure how to create a new thread, but the latest news relates to this one. Now the players don't want to play ANY preseason games:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nflpa-votes-to-play-no-preseason-games-ahead-of-2020-season

Not sure it matters, since they have a signed CBA.

Having less or no pre season games is a ploy by the players union. They have been trying to get rid of PS games for years.  If they can get it to less or no PS games it will set a precedent.  See, we didn't have PS games (or only 2) in 2020 and it worked OK.

Can’t help but think about the our Week 1 opponent..

With a bizarro offseason and shortened preseason, Sam will be out there with a rookie WR, FA WR and potentially 4 new OL. 

Heck of a year to completely revamp your offense. 

Meanwhile Josh will have one new WR playing big snaps in Diggs (I could see Davis get some reps if he shows out) and that’s really it.  Potentially same starting 5 OL, same TE, Brown/Beasley/Singletary and one new RB. 

Will be interesting to see how chemistry looks for teams in the early weeks of the season.  

Edited by SCBills

Reasons that preseason games, this year, are important:

• We want to see how well Moss transitions into the NFL. We handed off to Singletary in a preseason game last year something like fifteen snaps in a row. That was valuable.
  • We want to see if Daryl Williams might be a better RT than Ford before the start of the regular season. If he could be an upgrade to Ford, it could be huge.
  • We want to see AJ Epenesa in a real NFL game before the start of the regular season.
  • We want to see how well AJ Klein fits into our defense before the start of the regular season.
  • We want to see all of our newly acquired WRs (with the possible exception of Stephon Diggs) before the start of the regular season.
  • We want to evaluate the #3RB position. Who doesn't want to see how Christian Wade has progressed from last year, and if he might be a viable #3?

Regular season games are not a good time for experimentation. I don't understand why more fans don't want to see what we've got before the regular season starts.

I actually kind of assumed they would just scrap preseason. I know the nflpa has called for it. The reason being is that the NFL is going to do anything they possibly can to have a reg season $$$$ that kicks off with that TNF chiefs game on 9/10, and if that means putting them all in a bubble until then they will. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Won't they have plenty of time for strength and conditioning between now and the season? Or are they trying to get rid of training camps too?

Not normally prone to doom & gloom, but this doesn’t bode well for the season. As a Floridian, I feel like I’m living in Groundhog Day as every day the news reports we’ve set a new all time record in new cases and most deaths in a single day..

THIS isn’t a ‘Normal’.

Watched my 1st Baseball games since Houston stole the title, Yanks vs Mets. Of course we destroyed them. Upper deck homers bouncing aimlessly around the bleachers..?‍♂️

So there’s That normalcy.. Thanks @Gugny!?

57 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Not normally prone to doom & gloom, but this doesn’t bode well for the season. As a Floridian, I feel like I’m living in Groundhog Day as every day the news reports we’ve set a new all time record in new cases and most deaths in a single day..

THIS isn’t a ‘Normal’.

Watched my 1st Baseball games since Houston stole the title, Yanks vs Mets. Of course we destroyed them. Upper deck homers bouncing aimlessly around the bleachers..?‍♂️

So there’s That normalcy.. Thanks @Gugny!?

This was uncalled for and mean.

• Haha (+1) 3