Who's Boycotting the NBA??? (CHINA)

Loved the Braves. A talented team that should have went way further than what they did. I used to have floor tickets any time I wanted since our company president was on their board and he made them available every game. Became a Laker fan when Magic & Byrd had their epic battles., then enjoyed Kobe & Shaq but I was already turning sour on the thuggery and clown show the NBA was becoming. I couldn't care less now. 

I have been pretty much boycotting the NBA since around 1993 or so. Used to be a big fan. Loved the 76ers with the Doctor and Mo Cheeks.  Loved watching the Lakers with Magic and The Big Fella and Silk Wilkes.  I went to the first ever Maverick game and playoff game.

Then it became obvious the refs were fixing the games with mysterious fouls right at the crucial point in the game almost always in favor of the glamour teams. Pretty much quit watching at that point.

Their love for China recently is bizarre. But makes sense. Follow the money.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:06 PM, 3rdnlng said:

Loved the Braves. A talented team that should have went way further than what they did. I used to have floor tickets any time I wanted since our company president was on their board and he made them available every game. Became a Laker fan when Magic & Byrd had their epic battles., then enjoyed Kobe & Shaq but I was already turning sour on the thuggery and clown show the NBA was becoming. I couldn't care less now. 

I usually won't call out someone for spelling. Most likely this is a racist thing.

Signed,

Larry Bird
??

On 7/3/2020 at 4:14 AM, reddogblitz said:

I have been pretty much boycotting the NBA since around 1993 or so. Used to be a big fan. Loved the 76ers with the Doctor and Mo Cheeks.  Loved watching the Lakers with Magic and The Big Fella and Silk Wilkes.  I went to the first ever Maverick game and playoff game.

Then it became obvious the refs were fixing the games with mysterious fouls right at the crucial point in the game almost always in favor of the glamour teams. Pretty much quit watching at that point.

Their love for China recently is bizarre. But makes sense. Follow the money.

Your not wrong but the love of China is obvious- they make similar income in China as the USA if you do not count money spent on arena. I realize the numbers are different but the Chinese market is like Texas to the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/1/2020 at 2:33 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, the last time I watched an NBA game it was when the Braves were still in Buffalo. I guess my “boycott” continues. ?‍♀️ 

I hate basketball. My father took us when we were kids ‘cause the games were cheap. Ironically, none of the parents would show up to watch the teams when my son played basketball as part of a team in grade school, so not only did I have to watch, I had to learn the rules and how to score the game (for both teams). ?

It's a shame because it's a great sport and they players are incredible athletes.  As  you all know I don't really watch sports anymore.  I stopped watching the NBA (well except for those few years I lived in Oakland and supported the local team) years ago.   I got tired of the whining.  It started with Kobe.  Almost every play pleading for a foul. STFU and play the game.  That attitude of mine towards the NBA slowly crept into the rest of professional sports and as of a few years ago I've been done with them.  

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

It's a shame because it's a great sport and they players are incredible athletes.  As  you all know I don't really watch sports anymore.  I stopped watching the NBA (well except for those few years I lived in Oakland and supported the local team) years ago.   I got tired of the whining.  It started with Kobe.  Almost every play pleading for a foul. STFU and play the game.  That attitude of mine towards the NBA slowly crept into the rest of professional sports and as of a few years ago I've been done with them.  

Do you still watch the Bills?

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nope.  This will be year five (I think) of not giving a *****

Well let me clarify. If I show up at a home game it’s mainly to see my TBD buds but I do watch the game.  ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Call it maturity but it finally dawned on me...I rooted for sports teams nearly all my life,

and I can't come up with one legit reason for getting emotionally attached to the outcomes of millionaires

playing games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I watch the Bills, but unlike most of my earlier life, I don't watch any other games..............boring.

And NBA ? please.................Memphis Grizzlies against the New Orleans Pelicans..................I would rather be tortured first.

Of course China makes their jerseys/uni's, sneakers, sends them players gives them a place to play in a summer league probably makes their basket balls, back boards, jumbotron in each arena and the concrete to build them .

CHINA OWNS THE NBA so they have to show them respect :worthy: .

NBA releases list of 29 pre-approved social
justice messages for players’ shirts, unfazed
by hilarious irony

by Robert Jonathan

Original Article

The virtual-signaling, very woke National Basketball Association has reportedly settled on a list of social justice messages that can be displayed on the back of player jerseys for the first four days of the restarted season.

The suspended NBA season is scheduled to restart on July 30 at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex in Orlando, Fla., at the Walt Disney World Resort.

The NBA has reportedly already agreed to paint the words Black Lives Matter inside the sidelines on all three arenas that will be in use when the games begin.Given massive guaranteed salaries and other forms of leverage, the players pretty much run the NBA

On 7/5/2020 at 11:30 AM, Unforgiven said:

Call it maturity but it finally dawned on me...I rooted for sports teams nearly all my life,

and I can't come up with one legit reason for getting emotionally attached to the outcomes of millionaires

playing games.

There was a time when Bills games would determine the outlook on an entire week. I'm so over that. Still enjoy the games, but not nearly with the devotion I used to. Have more important things to worry about.

• Like (+1) 1