Rams/Chargers new scoreboard

11 minutes ago, dneveu said:

I believe this one will end up being like 5 billion after cost overruns and delays.

It is.  And extravagances like this one are a big reason why.  How much are tickets supposed to go for?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Remember when the Jumbotron fell at Marine Midland Arena?  ?

Good thing they don't have earthquakes there which would make the thing sway unnaturally and shift loads around all over the place.

50 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

A Jumbotron like that is great when people keep standing up after ever play. It also helps out the people who are height restricted ( 5’7 and lower) to see more of the game. 

If I'm going to watch the game on TV I'm going to do it at home and save a bunch of time and money.

On 7/1/2020 at 4:11 PM, Greg S said:

Not really but talk about overkill. It will make Jerry's look like a POS. If/when the Bills get a new stadium I would expect it to be just your basic scoreboard for out of town scores

Anything that makes something of Jerry's look like a POS is fantastic in my book!

Yes it's overkill, but that's what everything is coming to today, building over the top sporting cathedrals with all the bells and whistles while trying to one up the other guy. Don't kid yourself thinking the Bills could just put some plain run of the mill little display for just out of town scores, it won't be to this or Jerry's scale, but it won't be something that would be a step down to some of the highschool fields in Texas.....

I live in Southern California and drove over to see the new stadium on Father’s Day. It’s an amazing piece of engineering. What I didn’t realize was that it’s actually open air. The stadium has a full glass roof but no walls, so it’s like a big umbrella covering the entire thing. It’s really something to see! But located directly under the approach to LAX it’ll be interesting to see if plane noise will be an issue. I’m old enough to remember when that was a problem at Shea Stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/1/2020 at 4:04 PM, Greg S said:

106599953-1593622047958106097166_1682034998620048_1998145403259564743_o.jpg.02feb0120dec1b886bdcef155ef4d4f9.jpg

I actually used to sell signage like this for a bit. 

I think it is funny that they used a picture with the test screen to make sure all of the "cabinets" are working properly. Like there wasn't somebody there from Samsung with some football content loaded on a player to show of the new install.