Rams/Chargers new scoreboard

2 hours ago, eball said:

Actually the funniest news to come out regarding the Rams is Eric Dickerson's assessment that their new logo "looks like a penis."  LOL

Well - he should know. 

He ran erect. 

3 hours ago, Beast said:

Where?

Just above the bike helmet?

1 hour ago, billsherd said:

Fans will be seating so far up from action that you would need those big screen to watch the game. 

If that’s the case then I would  just stay at home ,  and not take a chance of getting exposed to the possibility of getting a virus and then bringing it home 

Edited by Putin

4 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I looks like it lifts fans out of their (socially distanced) seat, and 'renews' them, ala the carousel scene from 'Logan's Run'.  ?

Many kudos for the Logan's Run reference.

Jenny Agutter's brief flash was formative to my adolescence

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Just in time for no fans to see it anyway.

This is an excellent point.  Given Covid-19, this way over budget stadium either will be empty or have a lot fewer spectators.  

Until we solve this virus, I would be very, very careful and hesitant to spend any money on a new stadium or arena if I owned a team or were in charge of local government.  We really need to have an effective vaccine and effective therapeutics before many of us (e.g., me) will feel comfortable being in a large, enclosed, packed, space with thousands of people.

I went to a college game at Jerruh World in Dallas.  Their jumbotron was undoubtedly a spectacle, but it distracted my attention from watching the game on the field.  I kept shifting my eyes between the screen and the field.  It was very distracting and took away from my overall enjoyment of the game.

5 hours ago, eball said:

Actually the funniest news to come out regarding the Rams is Eric Dickerson's assessment that their new logo "looks like a penis."  LOL

I think Dickerson should see the doctor of his penis looks like that. 

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

All this tech is nice but it really distracts you from the reason you're in the stadium in the first place, doesn't it? A nice Jumbotron at both ends of the stadium is all I need for replays.

I have been to about 20 different NFL stadiums over the years.  I have to say, despite the crowded concourses, I think the Ralph measures up to any of them, for watching a game.

5 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

What a waste of money!  Hopefully it is high enough to avoid having the occasional punt doink off it.

Didn't that actually happen at Jerry-world?

8 hours ago, Greg S said:

Not really but talk about overkill. It will make Jerry's look like a POS. If/when the Bills get a new stadium I would expect it to be just your basic scoreboard for out of town scores

With Joe from Cheektowaga changing scores with wooden number signs.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Lv-Bills said:

It's cool, but honest to god, I could care less.  I'm there to watch the game not really to glance at the board.  

I'm with the poster up there ^^^  Who gives a crap about all that extra crap?  Waste of money.  Their attendance isn't going to contingent on that scoreboard one bit.  And after the first time you see it, you'll be over it, and will be a subconcious feature/amenity at the stadium from that point on.

So last year was my first trip to Buffalo and I have to say I enjoyed the old school feel of the stadium, I had a wonderful time and left not wanting a thing to change from my gameday experience. Not too much going on, nothing to distract me from the game, and there wasn't any gimmicky attractions, just the game. I live on the west coast and have been to levi stadium and Century Link in seattle, while both newer and "nicer" stadiums I enjoyed the atmosphere at new era much more (not just because it was a Bills game). 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buftex said:

I have been to about 20 different NFL stadiums over the years.  I have to say, despite the crowded concourses, I think the Ralph measures up to any of them, for watching a game.

Didn't that actually happen at Jerry-world?

Yes, it was hit multiple times and they had to spend a bunch of money to raise it.

13 hours ago, 17years&waiting said:

I know from reading this board that I'm in the minority, but I really am quite happy with the amenities/scoreboards/options at New Era Field.  Who the heck needs all that extra stuff?

I went to the Detroit Red Wings new arena a couple years ago.  Massive concourses, restaurants/bars all over the arena, a "gondola" seating section above the ice, etc.  And it didn't really change my experience for the better.  Just my two cents.  

I don't think you are in the minority at all. As a Bills fan living in NJ I miss Giants Stadium. MetLife is a POS. I don't need a bar or restaurant in the stadium. I prefer tailgating in the parking lot for drinking and eating. Giants stadium was perfect as it was simply a football stadium without the bars, restaurants, and stores. That is what I love about New Era. It's a football stadium where the real fans can still afford to attend games. At MetLife we have a corporate crowd now as many of the diehard fans have been priced out.

• Like (+1) 1