Cowherds top 10 AFC qb’s. Allen at #5.

On 7/2/2020 at 8:20 AM, Yav said:

Seriously? So I like at the very least 5 QBs better than a guy that continues to under throw his best WR and has the best skill players in the NFL and someone my opinion is wrong? 

I think you need to educate yourself on what an opinion is. 

Rodgers, Rivers, Brady, Ryan, Stafford, and Willson in no particular order IMO are all better than Majokes.

I always knew there was unbiased opinions and biased opinions.  Not sure what Mahomes ever did to you, but to put Rivers ahead of Mahomes at this stage proves that there is a new type of opinion.  Delusional opinion.     

Mahomes is CLEARLY better than you think he is.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Just looking at the numbers Derrek Carr was really good last year. In fact, just by numbers he's been good most of his career.  He feels like the AFC version of Kirk Cousins. 

He puts up good numbers but it seems unlikely he'll be the Raiders starter beyond this season.

He isn't as good as Cousins but I do see what you mean. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't as good as Cousins but I do see what you mean. 

Yeah Cousins is a step higher. Both have been pretty consistent in what they do though. 

It's hard to look at the numbers Carr has put up and think he is part of the problem in Oakland. He had a career year last year despite what seemed like a very underwhelming  supporting cast on offense. He's also been supported by bad defenses every year he's been in the league. Raiders are contantly ranked between 20 and 32 in defensive  PPG and YPG given up.

• Like (+1) 2

When you take a team that missed the playoffs 17 consecutive seasons and make them a playoff team 2 out of your first 3 seasons you are going to get props. And the one season that was missed was a total rebuild year with a rookie QB. 

I had my doubts about McD after the Peterman debacle decision in San Diego but things have turned out okay. Taylor was obviously done that year and McD was either trying to light a spark under Taylor which didn't work because Taylor just doesn't have the necessary skills or was hoping Peterman would some how miraculously spark us. 

Actually, where I was lowest on McDermott was after the Baltimore and Chargers games in 2018. McDermott seemed to have egg all over his face after once again being fooled into thinking Peterman could start. And Allen had  not yet shown any positives which was alarming when combined with how big of a project he was.  But then the Vikings game happened I started to feel much better about the upside of our young QB.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

On 7/4/2020 at 1:37 AM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Yeah Cousins is a step higher. Both have been pretty consistent in what they do though. 

It's hard to look at the numbers Carr has put up and think he is part of the problem in Oakland. He had a career year last year despite what seemed like a very underwhelming  supporting cast on offense. He's also been supported by bad defenses every year he's been in the league. Raiders are contantly ranked between 20 and 32 in defensive  PPG and YPG given up.

Some people like to knock Carr excusing away his very good completion % stating it’s because he makes short safe throws, But Sammy I agree with you.  I think it’s a huge mistake to move on from Carr.  Having Gruden coach last in Tampa before the Raiders, he coach captain checkdowns for most of his QB’s.  Everyone from B. Johnson, to Left which, to Simms, and so on.

He has more weapons now with all of the extra draft picks, and they probably will have an ok year.  He does still have to play the Chiefs, Broncos who are improving, us, NE, Saints, and Bucs (yes I know people on this board hate it, but the Bucs are going to be good this year).  This will be a challenge for Carr.  If you’re right, he’ll be fine.

On 7/3/2020 at 11:38 PM, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Just looking at the numbers Derrek Carr was really good last year. In fact, just by numbers he's been good most of his career.  He feels like the AFC version of Kirk Cousins. 

He puts up good numbers but it seems unlikely he'll be the Raiders starter beyond this season.

He’s certainly a serviceable and maybe above average starter. Theoretically should be in a much better situation this season than last as well.