Cowherds top 10 AFC qb’s. Allen at #5.

4 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Cowherd has always been an idiot to Bills fans, you know, until he says nice things ... ?

Cowherd is all in on the Bills. Loves McDermott and Beane says we are finally being run by smart people and despite not liking Josh coming out has been pretty fair on him all the way through. 

I like Cowherd. He is a shock jock and I disagree with some of his hot takes but he always tries to explain a rationale. He is really good at his job. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Same to me? I have no agenda when it comes to LJ. I guess you could say I have an agenda on calling out crappy takes on players. All he’s done is win games and win an MVP with a historical type season. I was completely wrong on him coming out. I thought he would be nothing. He’s already proved everyone wrong. He just freaking won an MVP dude. Your constant bagging on him is silly. It literally makes no sense. 

and the only way you’ll eat crow is if he turns into the GOAT? That’s honestly just ridiculous . It basically means your mind is made up no matter what he does. It’s clear there’s an agenda here and you obviously can’t talk rationally about him. Don’t you live in that area? I’m sure that has something to do with it. I’m overly touchy about the “stillers” having lived around their fans my whole life. 

This is sort of like that @Yav character that constantly bags on mahommes and won’t even put him in his top five qb’s. 

I remember why I literally havnt engaged with you in over a year. 

I’m still reserving judgement on Jackson. There are two reasons for this...

1. Jackson is young and still developing. He hasn’t yet shown that he can work the whole field, but his running has more than made up for it so far. Long term he needs to substantially improve at getting the ball to WRs outside the hashes. 

2. Greg Roman’s track record. The guy is brilliant at drawing up run schemes and innovations. However, he seems to get “figured out” after three years. A large part of that is due to his passing attacks and game calling being less developed. McD figured it out last season and Ten copies and executed the scheme. We’ll see how he adapts. 

I certainly think Jackson is more talented than Kap and Tyrod. He has a lot of room to grow. The challenge is going to be Roman’s growth and ability to involve WRs into an effective downfield attack. Roman and Jacksons’ strengths amplify each other as do their weaknesses. One or both need to improve for long term success. As it stands right now the Ravens are a leg injury away from a very limited offense. 

20 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

I think it could be argued that Allen is ahead of Big Ben.  Big Ben is 38 coming off of an injury.  

No.  It can't. 

And I strongly dislike Roethlisberger.

22 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Cowherd has always been an idiot to Bills fans, you know, until he says nice things ... ?

The insecurity around here is strong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

I’m still reserving judgement on Jackson. There are two reasons for this...

1. Jackson is young and still developing. He hasn’t yet shown that he can work the whole field, but his running has more than made up for it so far. Long term he needs to substantially improve at getting the ball to WRs outside the hashes. 

2. Greg Roman’s track record. The guy is brilliant at drawing up run schemes and innovations. However, he seems to get “figured out” after three years. A large part of that is due to his passing attacks and game calling being less developed. McD figured it out last season and Ten copies and executed the scheme. We’ll see how he adapts. 

I certainly think Jackson is more talented than Kap and Tyrod. He has a lot of room to grow. The challenge is going to be Roman’s growth and ability to involve WRs into an effective downfield attack. Roman and Jacksons’ strengths amplify each other as do their weaknesses. One or both need to improve for long term success. As it stands right now the Ravens are a leg injury away from a very limited offense. 

I am skeptical about Jackson's success moving forward. I absolutely love what Roman has done to maximize the talent on that team's offense. I think Jackson is a great fit for that scheme and, I agree, he's better that Kap or TT. He runs better than either of them and he throws with more anticipation.

I'm a Georgia Tech alumni and had an uncle live with me who was a Naval Academy grad. Suffice it to say, we saw a ton of triple option, run-heavy, misdirection, RPO plays to last a lifetime. These types of offenses completely confound teams that haven't played against them much and Baltimore's team last year was the epitome of this. Team's were completely lost in gap coverage and receiver coverage throughout most of the season. However, over the course of time, team's like this get "figured out" by teams with time to prepare. It's one of the main reasons GA Tech and Navy lost so many bowl games. Teams had a couple of weeks to watch tape and get ready without having to face anyone else. That will start happening in the NFL this year to the Ravens.

We saw this start to change beginning with the SF and Bills' games. Disciplined defenses were able to hold them down and limit Jackson's effectiveness by making him throw outside the numbers, where he was particularly poor.  Tennessee put down the hammer. 

If Jackson can improve his skill-set from the pocket, he will continue to excel. If he can't, he becomes a really good Tyrod Taylor and will continue to win games provided his team has an awesome defense. Anybody who scored 25 points against the Ravens last year beat them. John Brown runs a better route and catches that TD late, the Bills take that one to overtime with 24 points.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Same to me? I have no agenda when it comes to LJ. I guess you could say I have an agenda on calling out crappy takes on players. All he’s done is win games and win an MVP with a historical type season. I was completely wrong on him coming out. I thought he would be nothing. He’s already proved everyone wrong. He just freaking won an MVP dude. Your constant bagging on him is silly. It literally makes no sense. 

and the only way you’ll eat crow is if he turns into the GOAT? That’s honestly just ridiculous . It basically means your mind is made up no matter what he does. It’s clear there’s an agenda here and you obviously can’t talk rationally about him. Don’t you live in that area? I’m sure that has something to do with it. I’m overly touchy about the “stillers” having lived around their fans my whole life. 

This is sort of like that @Yav character that constantly bags on mahommes and won’t even put him in his top five qb’s. 

I remember why I literally havnt engaged with you in over a year. 

Seriously? So I like at the very least 5 QBs better than a guy that continues to under throw his best WR and has the best skill players in the NFL and someone my opinion is wrong? 

I think you need to educate yourself on what an opinion is. 

Rodgers, Rivers, Brady, Ryan, Stafford, and Willson in no particular order IMO are all better than Majokes.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Yav said:

Seriously? So I like at the very least 5 QBs better than a guy that continues to under throw his best WR and has the best skill players in the NFL and someone my opinion is wrong? 

Rodgers, Rivers, Brady, Ryan, Stafford, and Willson in no particular order IMO are all better than Majokes.

Being the darling of the league is a very underrated quality. You get calls from the officials. Players on the other team who have your agent will make it rough for anyone who hits you late. Why? Because you make everyone money.

You get the confidence to really cheat. Not just on gameday. Brutal league. A lot of people can make all the throws.

35 minutes ago, Yav said:

you can have an opinion. that doesn't mean its not a really awful one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I would swap Watson and Jackson and I think Ben at 4 is right but with an asterisk. Allen at #5 was bang on in my view. 

Will Fuller being in the lineup vs out of the lineup was a drastic difference for Watson last year. Do you think he'll suffer in a similar way now that Hopkins is gone for good?

8 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Will Fuller being in the lineup vs out of the lineup was a drastic difference for Watson last year. Do you think he'll suffer in a similar way now that Hopkins is gone for good?

No. I think Watson is really, really good. Compare Fuller's numbers with Watson and with any other QB. Watson makes Fuller, not the other way around.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

No. I think Watson is really, really good. Compare Fuller's numbers with Watson and with any other QB. Watson makes Fuller, not the other way around.

I like Watson.... I just thought the numbers with and without one of his starters in the lineup from last year was interesting. their offense wasn't nearly as efficient without fuller. it was a topic around here that got quite a bit of hype before the playoff game. so I naturally wonder what happens if he loses a wr that's even better than fuller.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I thought this board hated Cowherd because he loves Brady and Belichick???

Like I said when I put it up. I don't put a lot of stock into what the media says on way or the other. I just thought it was worth a watch.

On 7/1/2020 at 11:35 AM, JetsFan20 said:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Rivers

6)Tannehill

7) Carr

8 ) Newton

9) Mayfield

10) Allen

11) Darnold

12) Minshew

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Lock

15) Taylor 

I left out Burrow

Rivers, right now, in 2020, might be 15th.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Cowherd is all in on the Bills. Loves McDermott and Beane says we are finally being run by smart people and despite not liking Josh coming out has been pretty fair on him all the way through. 

I like Cowherd. He is a shock jock and I disagree with some of his hot takes but he always tries to explain a rationale. He is really good at his job. 

I’ll agree ... I’m definitely not the thin skinned Bills fan 

4 hours ago, Yav said:

Majokes?  Your opinions are heretofore invalid. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I like Watson.... I just thought the numbers with and without one of his starters in the lineup from last year was interesting. their offense wasn't nearly as efficient without fuller. it was a topic around here that got quite a bit of hype before the playoff game. so I naturally wonder what happens if he loses a wr that's even better than fuller.

But Fuller has only ever performed with Watson. Watson will be fine. Don't worry about him. 

On 7/1/2020 at 3:09 PM, MJS said:

So by what metric is Mayfield better than Allen? He had more offensive weapons, a better supporting cast, and still lost more games and threw 12 more interceptions than Allen. 12!!!

My list would look like this:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Allen

6) Mayfield

7) Darnold

8 ) Newton

9) Carr

10) Rivers

11) Tannehill

12) Lock

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Minshew

15) Taylor

? (Can't delete this stupid emoji)

Good list! Not sure I'd change a thing.

7 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

you can have an opinion. that doesn't mean its not a really awful one.

So can you and yours appears to be the worst possible opinion there is.

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I’ll agree ... I’m definitely not the thin skinned Bills fan 

Majokes?  Your opinions are heretofore invalid. 

Your thoughts about me and my opinions matter none to me. But cool story bro. 

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, BisonMan said:

If Jackson can improve his skill-set from the pocket, he will continue to excel. If he can't, he becomes a really good Tyrod Taylor and will continue to win games provided his team has an awesome defense. Anybody who scored 25 points against the Ravens last year beat them. John Brown runs a better route and catches that TD late, the Bills take that one to overtime with 24 points.

Indeed. With the upgrades to the middle of the dline and linebacking unit going to be hard for anyone to score 25 on Baltimore this year.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 10:28 AM, Thurman#1 said:

I'm no Cowherd fan, but changing your position when the facts and the situations change isn't just smart, it's what intelligent people should do.

Yea. Trashing the Bills when they were bad and then supporting them when they are good....

On 7/1/2020 at 1:35 PM, JetsFan20 said:

1) Mahomes

2) Watson

3) Jackson

4) Big Ben

5) Rivers

6)Tannehill

7) Carr

8 ) Newton

9) Mayfield

10) Allen

11) Darnold

12) Minshew

13) Fitzpatrick

14) Lock

15) Taylor 

I left out Burrow

You also left out common sense,  reason and sanity.